Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
T
OP Offline
T
It was awesome! Absolutely packed. And I could still hear that couple nattering back and forth throughout the whole service but fortunately couldn't hear what they were saying.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
O
O
Hi again, Trusting -

No --I don't have a thread ---I just "drop in" every now and then when I feel like I really want to make a comment. My situation is soooo like so many others on the board. I have learned much over the years --and Snodderly was one of the ones who taught me how to react and behave around these "aliens". My husband, like yours, has had issues his whole life --so it is not surprising that this happened. However my H was a very serious Christian --and was active in our church --led a Bible study --etc---etc. Then MLC happened and he totally flipped and has become someone I don't recognize. He left to "go find himself" in 2002 --and is still out there. But the Lord knows what he needs --and is "out there" with him as he walks this wilderness journey. All I can do is go on with my life --and continue to trust the Lord for the future.

This walk is never easy, Trusting, but because you have been so faithful through it all --there will be many blessings waiting for you at its end!

Hang on and keep close to the Lord ---

Ottocat smile

T
OP Offline
T
Ottocat,

Well, thanks again for stopping by!:) Sorry to hear your H is still out there - hopefully he is learning or will learn the lessons he is meant to. Isn't it strange how they can just flip like that?

The walk is very, very hard, but I am already seeing so many blessings through it. Truly. So many good things have come out of it for me and my kids. Maybe it is just me looking more for the blessings (rather than focusing on negatives), but I do see them in abundance already.

Thank you so much for your encouragement.:)

Previous thread
M
MHL Offline
M
Originally Posted By: trustingfaith

The walk is very, very hard, but I am already seeing so many blessings through it. Truly. So many good things have come out of it for me and my kids. Maybe it is just me looking more for the blessings (rather than focusing on negatives), but I do see them in abundance already.

This is the key to maintaining a Positive Mental Attitude, looking to the Blessings, looking at a situation and finding the positives. It is so easy to look at life and find the negatives and it is even easier to focus on the negatives. Sometimes it takes a moment to realize how blessed we are and that they are all around us.

It does sound like you are on the final leg of your journey, but still gotta make it work that last mile, you gotta cross the finish line, there is no doubt that the last mile of that marathon is the hardest to run.

Prayers for you. smile

Formerly "missherlove"

Me49 XW49
M17 T19
S16 D20

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

~Jim Morrison
M
M
Hi TF, how are things in your sitch? I hope that there are some positive baby steps from your H that give you strength and hope.

Quote:
So many good things have come out of it for me and my kids

I see that you are focusing on the positives smile You are doing great smile

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
T
OP Offline
T
MHL,

Thanks for stopping by! I have started a "thankful thoughts" (named by my S) journal with my kids, trying to get them to look for the positives in every day, too. It really does help with PMA for sure! I am hoping to instill that into them, that the blessings are everywhere if we just look for them.

That is such a good way of looking at it - the last leg of a marathon being the hardest to run. BUT I have made it this far, so I can't quit now (though I definitely still want to sometimes~).

Previous thread
T
OP Offline
T
Woo hoo!! I just fixed the garbage disposal that has been not working for months!! I was waiting for my H to look at it since he has way more experience with this stuff than me but got tired of that. Google is my friend, and now I can use my disposal again.

Do I get an honorary man card?:)

Previous thread
M
MHL Offline
M
Its in the mail!!!!!

Formerly "missherlove"

Me49 XW49
M17 T19
S16 D20

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

~Jim Morrison
M
M
TF - We can do anything if we set our minds to it smile
I know what you mean about Google. How did we live without it?

Quote:
Do I get an honorary man card?:)

In my book you'll get an "Honorary very strong woman card" laugh

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
T
OP Offline
T
It is kind of embarrassing how ridiculously proud of myself I am.

Previous thread
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard