Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
P
poet Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey you three,

Thank you all so, so much for coming to visit my thread, and posting something. Every little encouraging word seems to make a huge difference in my life. I don't have any children, no family nearby, no one really, so this is my lifeline.

Just to let you know, the H had the gas company come today and take the gas tank away. Now I have no gas for the gas stove. ho hum.

Just when I thought there was nothing left for him to be vindictive about. Silly me.

frown

poet

G
G
poet,
Originally Posted By: poet
Just to let you know, the H had the gas company come today and take the gas tank away. Now I have no gas for the gas stove. ho hum.
Run this right by your lawyer...
Peace,

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

P
poet Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey there Gardener,

Thanks for checking in on me. I did call the gas company today and found out it will only cost me $220.00 for another tank, (of course, it will only be half the size of the original, but at least it's gas).

I tried to give her my credit card, but it was declined. Murphy's law, I guess. Things will pick up soon. I'm sure of it.

thanks,
poet

G
G
poet,
I did call the gas company today and found out it will only cost me $220.00 for another tank, (of course, it will only be half the size of the original, but at least it's gas).
Still, what a cheesey thing to have done.
Things will pick up soon. I'm sure of it.
There ya go.

Peace,

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

P
poet Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hey Peeps!

For those of you who want to see what Father Tony looks like, go to my profile in FB. I have his picture up as my profile photo. LOL.

poet

P
poet Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hi Folks,

I haven't published anything here since last August. But, I needed to talk to somebody, even if it was just a computer. My H has been paying me temporary support since last May, to the tune of a grand a month. Today we had a hearing to modify his support.

He needed to establish "ability to pay" or rather inability, and I needed to establish "need." He was successful. The judge reduced his support payments by $150.00 per month. My job ends on March 3rd. We have a final hearing on March 21st, and then it will be over. This has been a long road. I'm just tired, and old, and ready to rest. Don't have much energy to do much anymore. It's been three long, grueling years. H didn't admit to having contact with prostitutes either, which I know he has done. He's keeping that close to the belt, as expected.

I did have the opportunity to ask H if he remembered saying "I'm not going to abandon you." And he said yes. Imagine that! He couldn't recall having contact with prositutes, or where he was on the weekend of his birthday, in October. But he remembered saying something from three years ago.

I wasn't allowed to go further, with that line of questioning, to find out the meaning, or anything like that, becaue the judge stepped in....said H is allowed to change his mind, and it was only a verbal promise, etc., etc.

His attorney dropped some paperwork and he rushed to pick it up for her. He even opened the door for me during our lunch break. (It was a 4-hour hearing). After the hearing was over, I too dropped some papers, near where he and his atty were standing -- about 10 feet away. He didn't even budge. I guess the gentleman's facade only lasted for as long as it needed to. Oh, btw, I didn't have an attorney.

I think I'll go take a nap.

poet

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard