D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
L
L
Originally Posted By: JoieDeVivre
And LO! Didn't see a recent thread for you either. Saw that you're dipping your feet into the dating pool a bit? That sounds exciting and scary at the same time! I'd be so gun shy.

How is your daughter doing?

Hey Joie... No thread for me.. Not much going on really. My daughter is doing great now. We definately went through some hard times - she had some really sad moments after xh moved out - misses him when she is with me and me when she is with him. We have grown so much closer, though.. She is my love!

Actually, I am not currently dating and am pretty happy just finding my own way in the world for now. For the most part, life is really good!

K
K
Just thought I would stop by and see how things are going.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks, Kat. This is the first time I've been around all week. Things are same-o for me. I've been doing some serious thinking about seeing a lawyer. I don't want a D but may not have many options at this point because of this mess H has made.

H and I had a serious talk last night about everything. It wasn't very optimistic. He offered to move out but I couldn't bring myself to say yes. Not right now. I am off to Disney World this week with my daughter. Her high school band is going and I am chaperoning -- can't wait! She is so excited and I don't want to spoil that for her. This trip will be a good break for me. Of course I will be worrying what H is up to while we're gone but that is out of my control.

I'll reevaluate when we return...

J
OP Offline
J
I will not be posting on the DB forums any longer. I have enjoyed touching base with some of my old friends. Thank you! I think my sitch is just too extreme. I live it every day and feeling like an outcast on this site when I get little to no response does not help. I do not need the extra stress. I wish you all the best of luck. This site, DB, and the people on it were a Godsend for me.

Au revoir!

N
N
Hi, Joie,

I can understand your sentiments. I have for some time felt that my own sitch just never fit in with what most folks report in these forums. Although DB'ing helped me personally, it seemed to actually do more harm than good in my own M. As such, I've developed a whole variant philosophy about how one should approach the type of WAW I had to deal with -- the typical DB approach was all wrong.

The lack of response thing: Yes, well, I've noted that too of late. It has gotten so that I rarely lurk in the Infidelity forum any longer -- and that might explain your particular case. But even in my more regular abode of the "Surviving" forum, responses and communications have waned or become sparse. People seem too tied up now of days.

I am sorry for your situation, and that your M now seems to be a lost cause for you. What they rarely tell you is that seems to be the norm more than not.

Anyways, if you do decide to move on from here, I myself would understand, but say that you will still be missed. Perhaps a change to the Surviving forum instead of dropping DB altogether? Lots of our old comrades are still there.

Hugs and blessings.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
S
S
Joie,

I hope that you will keep in contact by email. I think of you and your very talented daughter often. I fear you will both be dragged down by your H whilst you fight for your M.

I know you have some huge changes ahead of you ((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Saffie
me 46
H 46
M in 1986
D20,D18,S16,D13
H's A 01/05 to 07/06
H recommitted to M 07/06
renewed vows 09/06
Going from strength to strength
J
OP Offline
J
I said I was done here but something happened tonight and I just have to get it out. First, Saffie you are right, he is bringing me down.

I found out tonight quite by accident that OW is going with H on an upcoming business trip. At least I think it's a business trip! For all I know it's a pleasure trip.

I hate that we went out to dinner tonight and I sat across from him and told him all about my day. He said I seemed stressed and was concerned. How two faced can one man be???????

I seriously hate him right now. I also hate that he has caused this hate in me. It's not an emotion I really care for.

He doesn't know I know yet. It was too late to confront him tonight and I was, and am, too shocked. He doesn't know it but he will be moving out.

DONE DONE DONE!

Last edited by JoieDeVivre; 04/15/10 03:34 AM.
J
OP Offline
J
p.s. On a positive note, I had an absolutely MAGICAL time with my daughter on the school band trip to Disney World. God knows what H did while I was gone but I don't care. I was with the one person who matters. Seeing her march down Main Street with the band was a priceless opportunity.

L
L
Hi Joie,

Sorry to hear this. He is a sick little puppy, isn't he? How did you get this news? And why is it too late to bother him about it, since you are already bothered?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard