Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
B
OP Offline
B

What kind of a man(?) forces a child to become emancipated in order to go home?

Well, last week he whined to D.... "now I have to pay your mother's rent again!"

So, this week he announces to her, if you want to go home, you'll have to become emancipated. The court will only listen to me, so the only way you can go back to your Mother's is if you can become emancipated.

Now, isn't this against a law, somewhere? Where do I need to go in order to find help? It's never going to end, is it?

It's that same awful nightmare, where I scream for help, yet no one can hear me.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you.........
W
WCW Offline
W
Was there talk a while ago from your D about this same thing?
Can the system in your state still be so corrupt that they wouldn't listen to your daughter?

Chin up, eyes on the horizon.

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
B
OP Offline
B

Thanks WCW,

I was mainly venting, venting my anger, because, as usually I was chewing on my thoughts to where I could just spit nails. Once I get it out, I can usually get a different view or find a way to deal with what is going on.

Angry? I am angry, tired too. How much is too much? How much longer can this go? I had hoped I saw a door opening to the freedom I/we much desire.

I haven't a word, and I know I need to be more patient. I did think things were coming together finally, but, apparently, Dick must of charmed himself out of things again, and set the blame on D.... the rebellious, lying teenager with the crazy mother.

I know, all in good time..... Bah!

B
OP Offline
B

Finally, as for the latest and the greatest.... okay, not hardly, but here it goes.

Dick,Jane and two of her children, who are the only two of hers left that can be forced for a summer visit, went to Disneyland with weekend, for a 3 day trip. This left D home by herself, and in order to maintain some control, Dick gave her, her phone back, so he could bark orders at her during the time he would be gone.

As soon as they were out of the driveway, D called me. It's been over 10 days since I've last heard from her, but I finally got the whole story of what is going on. Dick has been blaming everything on D. No surprise there, and D is focused on coming home. She is planning her departure, keeping herself busy at work, working all the hours her boss will let her, just to stay out of the house.

Dick threatened her if she didn't pay the rent, he'd ship her back here.... she stopped paying rent. He hasn't shipped her yet. D has also recognized Dick doesn't want her to come back here, for he is so afraid she'll let everybody know what he has done, and he doesn't want to be seen as himself, or for the control freak he truly is.... so he has threatened her with several things, which she is truly fearful of.

He's told her that if I go to court to fight for her return, he will make sure I go to jail, (for what, it's anybody's guess) therefore, she will be returned to his custody. He's also told her that she will never be allowed to live with me, he's reminded her that he owns the best lawyer, and she (the attorney) will make sure D will never be allowed to be with me.

D is also afraid to get anybody else involved, because he has told her that he can and will convince everyone that she is just lying, spoil child who needs the sort of disapline only he can provide.

Even with all of these things she has been told, she is still focused on leaving. She wants to have enough money to purchase her own car, so she can take her possessions with her, when she comes back. She doesn't have much, but what she does have, is very important to her.

So, I'm waiting to hear she is on her way. Dick must have returned tonight, for her phone is once again off, and once again, I have lost touch with her.

S
S
BT, You certainly gave your X an appropriate nickname.

(((Hugs)))

job Offline
I am so sorry to hear all of this. My heart goes out to you and your family. Does your xh not realize that what he's doing is abuse? The abuses he is inflicting on your daughter and mental and emotional abuse. She has a good case to take to her school counselor or to call an abuse hotline.

I do hope that the flying teacup smacked him in the head while he was at Disneyland.

W
WCW Offline
W
Can she get a tape recorder when he rants at her and use it as proof? I used a voice activated recorder back in my snoop days.

Interesting that he told her he owns the lawyer - and who else in the justice system?

(((BT)))

Live your life while you are still living.
Riding the trail less traveled.
B
OP Offline
B

Sometimes the clarity that comes after I vent my thoughts, is amazing.

What I realized after posting was, Dick is fighting D so hard because IF she does come back, (to him) it will mean that I was or have been right all along.....

Dick's rule #1 is: Dick is always right, no matter what!

If she comes back, it would mean that I just might not be the person/parent he has made me out to be....

That just won't do in Dick's world....

A
A
Or that you win.

B
OP Offline
B

Andabelle,

Win? Naw, there's no winners here....

Talked to S tonight, he's been told by his Father that the ONLY way D is coming back is if she finishes the Emancipation, because he's NOT going to pay child support AND he's not going to pay for a lawyer.

I know the information was meant for me, but how do I decipher it?

He's told D that he owns the best attorney, and he will make sure that she can't live with me, and he'll make sure I go to jail.... that she'll forced to remain in California.

What is my best move in this ugly form of chess? I feel him laying in wait, trying to goat me.... what would he least expect? I know my silience has gotten to him, by the way he has treated D....

What is my best move?

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard