Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
M
M
My son loves to come home and smell the crock pot going. He knows he can have a hot meal even if I'm not home yet which is high on his priority list being a teenager. smile

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I think Kat was right. The more hours the better with the crock pot; I let it cook another half hour last night, and then heated it up tonight for dinner and it tasted much better. Even my kids might have liked it! smile

Weird day today. Mish, we do not have wi-fi or anything like that in our little courthouse, and we have to bring snacks in for the trial they said (in a cooler)! A couple of my friends were there so that was fun, although one got dismissed right away (for being a full-time student) and the other got picked for the first jury. I went back this afternoon and got picked for a trial on Thursday.

Came back after lunch and X's L was there. I was thinking yuck! but I did smile and say hi, and he smiled back, so he's not as nasty as he acted in the hearings I guess, but luckily he was there for something else, not there as one of the Ls in my jury pool.

Then a woman was there in my jury pool that was one of X's assistants for a couple years where he works, although she got transferred a few years ago, right before the A started. She said nothing was happening when she was working for him like I might be blaming her or something. She said she LOVED working for my X, but hated working for OW and had to transfer apparently b/c of her. I talked to her for 30 minutes or so. She said she was shocked to find out we were getting divorced when she found out. She said sometimes now X talks to her and sometimes he doesn't.

Another of my friends that was there said X and OW came into her coffee shop and I guess X introduced OW to her. sick I don't think he realizes what good friends we are maybe. (She's the friend that I went nightclubbing with remember?) smile My friend was very sweet, she said OW is more on the same level as X (I think meaning looks-wise) and that he downgraded to her. Always nice to hear! smile

So back to work tomorrow, and then a trial on Thursday. I've been emailing the eharmony guy back and forth for a couple days now. He has 3 children, 3 dogs, and 2 cats! So that's been fun, too.

Me 53
D18, S24
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Just got an email from X saying he's going to allow S16 to go on the mission week--turns out he's going on vacation for 10 days during that week anyway. June 23-July 2nd. Um, Father's Day is June 23rd!!! He's not going to spend it with his own kids... Don't think he's going to win any father's awards this year (if ever).....but glad for S16 at least.

Me 53
D18, S24
N
N
Quote:
Um, Father's Day is June 23rd!!! He's not going to spend it with his own kids...

Why am I not surprised?

On the crock pot, yes, the longer you can get it to cook, the better it is.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ok, so after running into X's former assistant (still works with him but not for him) yesterday, today I met a guy at my work who works about 20 feet down the hall who's really good friends with X, running buddies, hang out a couple times a week, etc. When I told him who I was he said Oh, turned greenish, and then said Oh, it's not that (what does that mean?), & looked really surprised. I guess he's heard stories about me being the wicked witch or something. Ha! He's only known him 2 or 3 years so we hadn't met each other before. So I'm feeling like I can't get away from X!

So I went jogging tonight. Good move--it really helped to be out working out, running with my dog, and seeing the horses in my country neighborhood, really pretty weather. I got a nice email from Roger from here; so that really cheered me up too!

X sent me another nastygram. He was saying he's going to take D10 to speech therapy starting next month. She just started going 2x a week at her school, so I told him I don't think she needs 3x a week. Then he was asking me for the tenth time (or more) about when I would start paying the copays (let's see I paid about $2000 last year and he's paid about $50 this year--hmmm). I told him the judge's ruling about financial stuff should be in any minute if not already, so pointless to worry about that now. I also need to start saving hopefully money for summer camp and daycare for D10 although I didn't tell him that....

I've been emailing my eharmony guy for the last week or so every day. What's the next step with that? Meeting for coffee or something??my first experience with online dating you know! blush

Last edited by karen43; 03/24/10 12:43 AM.

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
Sorry I don't know, I never got that far on-line through one of the dating sites. You might want to ask Bobbijo because she has done stuff with Match.com.

Sorry about your stbx.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Oh, so used to it. I felt detached; got the email after my jog which was good.

I'm kind of hoping he'll suggest a coffee-meet or something...don't you think the guy should make the first move or ask out or whatever they do on online dating sites? I actually have no clue of course!

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
You can just ask if he would like to meet for a coffee. why wait to mention it if you want to meet? Come on girlfriend! Welcome to the 21st century. lol

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
My brief experience has been that I have traded about 3 or 4 emails just to see if there is common interests and then either arrange a meeting over coffee or dinner in very public places. I was the one who suggested the get together on both occasions (I am a guy), however it would have been fine with me if the woman had made the first move as well. Either way works I think. First meetings are fairly innocent and an opportunity to see if the words written match the real person and if there is any chemistry/attraction with each other.

BA

H
H
HOLA Karen!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I get your email too, I'll reply later. I was telling Kat that I was up 'til about 2am last night catching up with you two.

You sound like you're doing great. And you STILL have the biggest jackass of an EX(thank God)among all people on here, lol.

Just wanted to pop in. And I agree with BA. Doesn't hurt to mention that you wouldn't mind a meet with someone, although some more emails and maybe some phone conversations would help to see how far you want to go.

Chit chat with you later.

R

Me 47, WW 38
SS18, D15, D10

Good Bye Girl. No longer SAYING she's moving out. GBG moved out 8-1-08

"I have now decided to enjoy life instead of figure it out."

Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard