Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
F
ImLin, I wonder if you should ever volunteer any information ever again.

Just a brief "Don't contact us again" seems like more than enough.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

job Offline
I do not believe she will contact you again. Let it go and continue to move forward.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
I
imLIN Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Forward,

I am of the school that you give a little information in hopes that it will be what they need to leave you alone.

I guess everyone is different as I was one that contacted OW when I discovered her...it did assist in killing the fairytale because now she knew my side of things...raised doubts in her mind...things fizzled pretty fast between them after that because she didn't want to deal with a LBS just to have my H...he told her things were over between us...I informed her that I had no idea things were that bad...

Confrontation is not for everyone...but for some it does work...I feel being cordial with her and my reply telling her he was fine showed that I was secure in my situation and clearly sent the message that she no longer needed to check on him...his wife was there for that...

Happy and together
S
S
You may not remember, but I'll never forget you telling me what I could expect from OM after I dropped him. When I was deep in an EA and still contacting OM when I came here to the board. You told me that he probably had other women he was talking to....just like he was talking to me. You told me that whenver he used up all his contacts that he would start over and to expect him to try with me again. Guess what? Over a year went by and suddenly one day I get a call at my job.......and it was him. In one way I was surprised, but yet I had never forgotten your warning. In fact, I had thought about what you had said only a couple of weeks before I got that call from him.

So, I got rid of him! It does shake a person up when you think it's all over and done. But I hope you will take your own good advise, Lin.

If this were me you were talking to, I think you would assure me that my MR was good and that it was old fears surfacing. I believe that OW knows she is looking at something way too strong for her. You have great faith, sweetie.....just let it work to give you peace.

What is this I hear about a 30th Anniversary trip?? laugh

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
I
imLIN Offline OP
OP Offline
I
I was not concerned about H...it just came out of the blue because I had really not thought of her in a long long time...made me wonder if she was on the prowl again...

I am secure in my relationship...but not blind

Yes, we are taking a long trip to Florida and then a cruise to the carribean...we have never been and it was out intention to do this for our 25th but the bomb explosion changed that...I can harldy wait to go as I have never been to either place!

Good to see you are still here Sandi...and good to see you standing strong...

Lin

Happy and together
job Offline
Lin,
I'm happy to see that you and your h are going to take a trip to Florida and then a cruise. You both will enjoy it!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
T
Hi ImLIN,
Good to see that you are still happy with your H despite the small hick-up.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

I
imLIN Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Strange stuff happens...this past weekend I got a notification of an update to H's profile on a very very very old email account. So I check it out...it is weird because H is refered to as "she"...then I notice the date of the update...the same date that OW emailed. In looking over the profile it is obvious that she did the update...I have seen nothing to suggest that H has even used that email in years...I just asked H about that email account and he said it wasn't active anymore because he hadn't used it in years. I told him that there was an update to the profile and he was genuinely suprised but told me that he was pretty certain OW had the passwords to that and other email accounts that he no longer uses which explains why she emailed him to his new one...

But it just shows that time goes by and things come up...I didn't fall apart or become all suspicious...I know she is out of the picture and after seeing the date of the profile update I realized she did this before knowing that H was telling me that she contacted him...I do believe the email I sent her and the reply she gave will be the end...at least she seemed genuine and we haven't heard a word since.

If I had not checked that date and just flown off the handle though it could have been very damaging to my relationship...I think I handled it well from H accusing me of emailing him (spoofing her, which I didn't)in the first place to emailing her and respectfully asking her to leave us in peace as H doesn't want to go back to that time with her and neither do I wish to bring up those bad memories either...she seemed sincere...time will tell...it always does.

Happy and together
J
J
Good for you imLIN!

Very good for you.

You handled that well, SHOULD that ever happen to me and my wife I hope to use your actions as an example.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

K
K
Man! Your "OW" has the nutz! Contact TWICE! acting like an old friend--shooot.

Yes, you handled it well. No, she is not in a happy relationship, she was "testing the waters."

What gaul. At leasat your FWH sent it on to you.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard