Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
R
R
Hey, Kerry!

Glad to catch up and see that things seem to be quite well in the greater Portland area!!

RTL

M:38; D: 6
Divorce Final: 10/6/08

F
F
The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle; It is impossible to determine simultaneously both the position and velocity of an electron or any other particle with any great degree of accuracy or certainty........ the cause of the elusive electon cloud....who would have guessed it would be mentioned in the same breath as a clogged shi&&er! I always knew my chemistry major would come in handy!!!!!

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
You are a funny man Colonel! I was thinking of you tonight at the gym as I was looking around for half century old "gym ladies".

G
G
Kerry,
Originally Posted By: KerryK
I was thinking of you tonight at the gym as I was looking around for half century old "gym ladies".
I was doing the same thing at the gym this morning, but, jeez, do you have to word it like that?

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

F
F
As you gents probably know, when you're truly NOT looking, it will probably fall in your lap....literally!

Here's my story:

I knew the woman that I am seeing in another life. Her daughters are the same ages as my daughters, and they actually went to school together, and we were at a lot of social functions together. She and I would talk years ago and always seemed to enjoy being with each other, but being married to other people, well...you know.........

I believe there are a number of people that we can each have great relationships with.

In 2000, her husband (who I actually like!) blind-sided her and asked her for a divorce. She found out through his cell phone records he was using his secretary for an "exercise partner".

When I went to Iraq in 2007, I had a lot of time with no alcohol, to truly be reflective and rent space in my own head. I really came to the conclusion that my wife was actually doing me a favor by asking for a divorce. The fact that she was scr$wing her 62 year old married boss made it even easier for me. I thought about my failings as a partner and what I might do differently the next time out.

I actually thought about "Gym Woman", and wondered what she was doing. In fact, I thought about her a lot, but thought looking her up or trying to find her might be a little creepy, so I put that thought in cold storage. Little did I know that she had sold her house, and had moved back to the town near where I was two months before I came home.

I arrived back home in June, 2008. I always have been a Gym Rat, even when you couldn't find a "gym" except the basement of the local YMCA. The old phrase in Iraq was "you can come home weighing 300 pounds (great food there!) or benching 300 pounds. I did a little of both! First thing I did was to join a local commercial gym.

I went there about 5 days a week from June through October. I didn't really realize how much Iraq affected me. I wasn't kicking down doors, but I had lived in a 100 mile/hour, full-out adrenaline environment for a full year. Being in the gym was a great release, because civilian life was now like "drinking flat club soda".

Mid October 2008. I was sitting on a bench in the gym and I looked up and THERE SHE WAS! She looked great! She immediately seemed very glad to see me. She said "I read about you in the paper, and I didn't know you were home! I also heard about you and STBXW and I'm really sorry".

I usually miss these things, but it was obvious even to me that this was going to go somewhere. We talked for about an hour. After two more "chance meetings" (She told me she went to the gym at the same time that we met so she could run into me. She told me that she had heard that STBX was "with" her boss when I was in Iraq, knew she wanted a divorce, and thought to herself...hmmmmm?)

I asked her out, she immediately accepted and it has been great ever since.

I never looked for it. It just came my way. It was like the book "The Secret" that is such a hit. I thought positive thoughts, and I drew positive reactions. (Creepy, right?)

It will come your way again, gents. When you least expect it. Stay positive. No one could have been more in a hole that I was in October 2006. I wish you could see my posts from April 2006, and you would never believe I am the same guy.

I guess it's easy for me to say this, but usually, I'm NEVER in this type of position.

S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Wow. She did indeed fall in your lap.

I suppose that I am on a similar path. A date here and there but I am not pursuing. Just taking my time. I've chatted with one nice petite lady for the last 6 months or more. Just yesterday she mentioned that I dont follow through with my dates and I am too picky. She says that women like a guy to take them to dinner. Maybe she is giving subtle hints about herself. I do like that she has a similar attitude about just taking things slow and learning friendship first.

J
J
Hey Kerry,

You can't please all of the people all of the time. I will also add (another cliche fro teh benfit of those in the dating arena); just be yourself. If the other person finds that acceptable or pallatable or God forbid think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread (actually I rarely eat sliced bread), wonderful. Otherwise, move on.

B
B
Originally Posted By: john210
Hey Kerry,

You can't please all of the people all of the time. I will also add (another cliche fro teh benfit of those in the dating arena); just be yourself. If the other person finds that acceptable or pallatable or God forbid think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread (actually I rarely eat sliced bread), wonderful. Otherwise, move on.

This is so true! I talked on the phone with AG (Army guy) Wednesday night for an hour. At the end of the convo he said, "That was fun. I can tell you are real." I asked what he meant and he said a lot of women he had talked to seemed to be trying to impress or to be something they weren't but he could tell I was genuine...

Guess what? Life is too short for me to be anyone other than me... smile

So Kerry have you and the petite lady been on dates? I am thinking she wants you to take her to dinner...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
S
smith18 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Bobbi Jo
So Kerry have you and the petite lady been on dates? I am thinking she wants you to take her to dinner...

I mention it to her once in a while and she says it would be nice, but neither of us follow through. We have done a couple lunch's during the work week but that was quite a while back. I may ask if she wants to go hiking followed with a meal next week. She has a mixed asian daughter (16) just like my kids. I do like that she is very independent, but also she is busy with work, her rentals and her new dog.

F
F
FLTC...I heard that our sitch's have a lot in common. As per your post, I agree. Good things happen to those that wait. I see sunshine.

FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard