Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
D
OP Offline
D
The past 8 weeks have been wonderful. My son and I have had many memorable moments during that time. We went on our first spur of the moment road trip together. That will be a weekend I will never forget.

Concerning my son's mother, she sent me a text this afternoon asking if I would allow her to see our son on Thanksgiving. I did not reply since I was a bit shell shocked from receiving the text. I figured it would be best if I replied tomorrow.

We do have plans for the long Thanksgiving weekend. My family and I were planning on heading down south for a few days. So, the opportunity for her to see our son is limited. I was going to tell her that we would be back in town on Sunday so she could stop by then.

As for acting As if, I don't think that will be a problem. It comes naturally to me since I was younger. My father did a good job of making me mentally tough. Plus, I think its in our DNA. My father is the same way.

I don't plan on initiating any conversation with her. I really do not want to talk to her right now. I feel like any conversations should be initiated by her. That's my 180.

When we were together, I initiated most of our conversations. So, now I will just mind my own business. If she wants to talk, then I will speak to her like a friend. No R talks.

And Jack, there will be no Sheriff waiting to serve her. My intent is to let her be. I am not out to hurt her.I filed to protect myself and our son. When I filed, I didn't trust her. Actually, I still don't trust her now. I had to do what's best for my son.

Me- 31 yrs old

Her- 33 yrs old

S- 3 yrs old

Bomb- 4/ 09

Moved out- 6/ 09
D
OP Offline
D
After communicating to her that she can come by and visit on Sunday, she decides to go on a long rant saying that she is basically allowed to come and go as she pleases.

Here we go again with the control issues. Does she say "hey can I see our son this weekend" No. How about sometime next weekend. No set time or date. Whenever I feel like it.

Of course, I did not respond to her spew. So, for almost 8 weeks she does not see our son. Or call. But now she wants to act like those 8 weeks didn't happen.

What's with all the drama? Everything was going quite well during those 8 weeks.

I'll be honest, she ruined my Saturday night. Actually, she ruined a few Saturday nights over the past 3 months.

Rant over.......

Enjoy the rest of the weekend....

Me- 31 yrs old

Her- 33 yrs old

S- 3 yrs old

Bomb- 4/ 09

Moved out- 6/ 09
D
OP Offline
D
Just an update...

We decided to cancel our trip due to an illness. Told my WAS that she was welcome to come by on Thursday.

She sends me a text, again, telling me that she basically visit whenever she wants. After that, I didn't expect her to show up for Turkey Day. She didn't.

Funny thing, my son saw her drive by the house on Saturday. By the time I peeked out the window to see if it was her, she was gone.

Me- 31 yrs old

Her- 33 yrs old

S- 3 yrs old

Bomb- 4/ 09

Moved out- 6/ 09
J
J
Drew,

How are you doing? You not her.

What you getting your son for the Holidays?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

D
OP Offline
D
Hey Jack,

We are doing fine. I have enjoyed the past weeks since my aunt has been visiting us. This was her first opportunity to meet my son. So, I am glad that she has met him. Especially enjoy her telling me how much he reminds her of me when I was young.

This past weekend was fun. We did go out on the town for a day. The circus was at the United Center. So, we attended one of the performances.

Did some shopping as well. It went by so quick. Thus, I am taking tomorrow and Monday off to spend some extra time with my son. Plus, my aunt is leaving tomorrow.

For the holidays, nothing is planned. More than likely, we will just spend time with the rest of the family.

Plus, I am waiting to see what bowl game my Noles will be going to. If it is a decent destination, I would consider attending.

My son has plenty of toys. So, I want to travel with him. We have been going to the zoo, aquarium, museums, etc. Since he is 3, I want him to expand his world some more.

Me- 31 yrs old

Her- 33 yrs old

S- 3 yrs old

Bomb- 4/ 09

Moved out- 6/ 09
J
J
Thanks Drew,

You have an amazing weekend and don't let your crazy wife affect your good time, too much. : )

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 12/04/09 11:34 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

D
OP Offline
D
Believe me Jack, she does not affect me much at all. Its only when she comes out of her little hole in the wall. Lately, that has not happened much.

Living life and enjoying it......

Me- 31 yrs old

Her- 33 yrs old

S- 3 yrs old

Bomb- 4/ 09

Moved out- 6/ 09
R
R
Drew.

you are an amazing man.

in my opinion, your wife is gone.

There are women who just can't shake the "Whore" status.

you're a gentleman.

she is a whore.

your child will learn from you, so keep it all above board.

in five years you will be laughing at what the ex is doing now

ignore the old time DBers, they like abuse.

Bless you.

F
F
Originally Posted By: rukiddinme
in my opinion, your wife is gone.

In my opinion, your opinion comes for your experience and your situation, nothing more.

Quote:
There are women who just can't shake the "Whore" status.

she is a whore.

This is just plain wrong. To sling around insults like this because you're emotional, angry, and bitter is absurd.

Drew I think you have taken the time to accept and understand your wife's issues and most importantly YOU Drew have realized that the only one you can control is you.

It's a shame to have a person who doesn't have control of themselves come on here and post this bullshitt to a good fella like you. I hope you give this crap no mind.

Quote:
in five years you will be laughing at what the ex is doing now

Who knows where you will be in five years. Again...just my opinion, but I think you Drew will have grown in positive ways that you can't even imagine. I do not think you will be laughing, I think you will be way above something like that.

Quote:

You are absolutely clueless.....

Don't stand still.
J
J
Quote:

LOL.

Good luck in your next relationship. laugh Seriously.

Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard