Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 133 of 168 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 167 168
L
L
Hey GIMA,

Hang in there man. I suggest being careful in your demands. If your W were to file for divorce right now, she could take you to the cleaners for alimony and child support...that is if she makes substantially less money than you...my two cents. Are you working with a DB coach?

-LFH

ME: 38
W: 35
D2.5 and S5
Married 12 years
Separated (same house, different rooms)
INILWYAM by W: 4/16/2009
The day W requested a D: 4/17/2009
G
OP Offline
G
LFH,

No, I am not working with a DB coach. I have an IC.

I agree on the D issues. But, I will not live in fear of that. It is what it is.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
T
T
hmmm.

I am thinking that my "strings" would be somewhat more relaxed.

"Commit to the M, and agree to work on it"
"Agree to attend MC" (again)

I am really not sure how to put strings on what I would really want, which is "be open to the M and the R".

How do you put conditions on feelings?

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2
M 11y, A & ILYBNILWY 11/08
Walking away from a bad situation.

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
G
OP Offline
G
Thinker,

I started to make my "strings" what I want in the M. But, if she would commit to those, there wouldn't be any reason for the "strings."

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
T
T
Quote:
I think this is exactly where both GIMA and I are.

I am wondering how many other people are in this sort of situation. I would characterize it as a "Stalled WAS" The spouse walked away emotionally/psychologically, but for one reason or another never left and are themselves stuck in the status quot.

Quote:
I am really not sure how to put strings on what I would really want, which is "be open to the M and the R".

Thinker/GIMA - I am in the same boat. W has been emotionally checked out and "Divorced in Spirit" for 12 months now, but for whatever reason (the kids, actually) she won't go. I would accept what Thinker said above as my 'strings' as well - just be open to the possibility of M working out.

ME/XW:47
S21, D19, S15, S14
M:21 T:26
W moved 6/10 I filed 7/10 D final 4/12 remarried 8/12
W wants to R 12/10 and 4/11 but I decline
T
T
Hi tryingtilDorR,

What are you doing to improve your sitch?

Me 42, W 39, S8, S6, S2
M 11y, A & ILYBNILWY 11/08
Walking away from a bad situation.

My Sitch

Strength and Compassion
No Resentment
G
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted By: tryingtilDorR
Quote:
I think this is exactly where both GIMA and I are.

I am wondering how many other people are in this sort of situation. I would characterize it as a "Stalled WAS" The spouse walked away emotionally/psychologically, but for one reason or another never left and are themselves stuck in the status quot.

Quote:

Thinker/GIMA - I am in the same boat. W has been emotionally checked out and "Divorced in Spirit" for 12 months now, but for whatever reason (the kids, actually) she won't go. I would accept what Thinker said above as my 'strings' as well - just be open to the possibility of M working out.

Trying,

The problem with making the "strings" what we want is that isn't a change in the status quo. They know that's what we want. They just aren't prepared to do that, for whatever reason.

And we all know that. And don't get me wrong, this is very scary stuff.

But the truth of the matter is that we are M'd (legally) to women who have emotionally checked out on the MR a long time ago. So, they are leaving the choice of what to do, in a sense, up to us. Call that what you will, but for better or for worse, we are going to have to be the ones to decide where things go from here.

Hang in there. We will all handle it and get through this.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
G
OP Offline
G
Very interesting post by robx I just read. Very thought provoking.

So, in a sitch like mine, Thinkers, and MANY others here, what is the gameplan.

In my case, I have been DB'ing for 6 months. And, if I am to believe my W, as I must, she has been unhappy for 7-8 years, based on her last discussion with me.

Am I being impatient, as robx suggests in his thread? Could be. Or, am I better off pushing for working on the M or D?

Tough call. I fully accept my responsibility for getting me where I am right now. And, I also fully accept I am not entitled to anything (sort of my philosophy in life). I also accept that my old M is dead (I do not want the old M back).

So, it seems the choices are be patient, keep DB'ing, but only for myself, OR push for a commitment from WAW - and I am 99.9% certain where that leads, I think.

I don't see how one can pursue both those paths. One may lead to the other, but not at the same time.

Suggestions? Input? 2X4's?

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
J
J
Originally Posted By: givingitmyall
And, if I am to believe my W, as I must, she has been unhappy for 7-8 years, based on her last discussion with me.

Why must you believe that? Believe little of what the WAS says...

Your WAS is so worried about appearances, I think some big amounts of reality are needed. The reaction to you taking of your ring was comical. She can say she wants out but you take off a piece of jewelry and that is the awful thing? Lay it down, have the talk like I said before... you prefer to save the marriage and you are well on your way on fixing you for your own sake. She wants some of that then great; if not time for her to get a job and start looking for a place to live.

A good defense is a strong offense. Time t put the pressure on, see how she reacts when the appearances can no longer be faked. And all of this is for you dude because the way life is now sucks right?

H35 W34 S4 | T-10 yrs M-6 yrs
WAW said M over 04/09 | Living separate since 09/09
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
G
OP Offline
G
Quote:
A good defense is a strong offense. Time t put the pressure on, see how she reacts when the appearances can no longer be faked. And all of this is for you dude because the way life is now sucks right?

Yep. Duly noted.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
Page 133 of 168 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 167 168

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard