WAW said M over 04/09 | Living separate since 09/09
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
J
JKL2009 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
WAW came over Sunday to pick up S after we all went out for a movie and dinner. Had a good time. When she left she texted something along with "this part is hard" but unclear if she meant for her or for S.

H35 W34 S4 | T-10 yrs M-6 yrs
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
J
JKL2009 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Dropped S off at WAW's work, talked to her briefly. She looked nice, and was wearing the necklace I got her 6 months ago. Wonder if I should say something so she knows I noticed?

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
C
C
Quote:
Wonder if I should say something so she knows I noticed?

nope

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
J
JKL2009 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I like direct advice. :-)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
J
JKL2009 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Now that the hurdle of selling the house and moving is over, the reality of this all comes to the forefront. All the changes are taking a bit of a toll, but I'm on top of things. This weekend, which is not "my weekend" with S, WAW brought up idea of going to movie S wanted to see and dinner. Had a pretty nice time. When they went home, W said "thanks for going out with us" even though really it was I who should be thankful IMO.

We have not had any real R talk or anything like that in a month or so. I know I should at least bring up some legal stuff, because there is no sep agreement in place and need to protect myself. That status quo, however, is not terrible right now.

Friends of mine keep asking if I'm going to start dating now. Even though WAW has said no chance of us getting back together and signs are still not all positive, I can't see myself dating or whatever for a long time.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
G
G
Quote:
Friends of mine keep asking if I'm going to start dating now. Even though WAW has said no chance of us getting back together and signs are still not all positive, I can't see myself dating or whatever for a long time.

You'll know when you are ready for this. No rush.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
J
JKL2009 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Been several months since I have posted here. It is hard for me to carve time out to write with work and life, but the good news is I am doing well and feel good about how I handled 2009. I am ready for what 2010 might bring, no matter what it is.

Overall, things have been fine. I have my place, WAW has her place. I love spending time with S and things have been smooth with handling it all. I am a way better father, and WAW has acknowledged that, as well as overall being a better person. WAW has not brought up any legal talk or discussions on moving this forward, so perhaps to some that is limboland but I am fine with it. For all intents, we are no longer married so the legal stuff can happen or not happen but I don't really care right now.

My weekend was interesting. WAW and I had talked about going to Ye Old Warehouse Store and splitting some stuff like we have been doing. Anywho, she came over and we went shopping and grabbed lunch. We came back, and she had work to do so I had also said just bring your laptop over and I will watch/do something with S and you can just work at my place instead of running all around back and forth.

So WAW worked while S and I went to hang out at a local neighborhood bike shop my friend owns like we often do. We got back, it was getting close to supper time, so I said hey want to eat here and I can cook something up? Sure thing that is fine says WAW. So I opened up a bottle of wine and cooked up some chicken marsala and we ate dinner.

It was getting to be after 7 by now, and S said "can I stay here tonight" and WAW said something like "you have to ask daddy." I said of course, in fact you both can! I told WAW I would bust out the aerobed and we could have some more wine and watch a movie. So she said why not.

We enjoyed some more wine and watched a movie with S. He fell asleep on the couch, and we left him there. A bit later WAW did too, so they ended up both sleeping there. (Saved me from setting up the aero bed!) The next AM S got up at 6 like he is known to do, much too early, but then he fell back asleep on the couch (as did WAW again) while we all sat there enjoying morning TV.

Around 9am WAW said she wanted to get going to go to the gym and stuff. Not sure exactly who had the idea, but it seemed like she quickly needed little push to bail on that idea and we all went to grab breakfast and do a little shopping.

Maybe there is nothing really positive to read into it all. Maybe some would say I am allowing the cake eating to occur here. But at the end it seemed like WAW was OK with spending a fair amount of time with me, and seemed to enjoy it. Who knows, I at least banked some good karma and I feel good about myself.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
G
G
Good to hear from you. Been a while.

Hope all is well with you.

Me 43, S11, D7
M13
Bomb 4/20/09
Current
P
P
Nothing wrong with enjoying each other's company from time to time, JKL. That doesn't mean you're condoning cake-eating.

Happy New Year!

Puppy

Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard