Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 74 of 81 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 80 81
M
OP Offline
M
Hey Oz... you are a machine!

You must look and feel superb!

Martini lunch COULD have killed the week worth of exercise today, but I was "semi" good! smile

They have a Tabata class by me. I would like to try it!

I LOVE SPIN CLASSES! More my cup of tea... I might try your idea next time!!!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
M
OP Offline
M
Stace!

IF ONLY I HAD A FREE NIGHT! We could have met at Cafe Calamari after the game! How did they do? How did our forward shooter play?

Back injuries just suck! Don't let it linger...

How's your D now that she's away at school?

Any college visits w/your Senior D?

Had a martini lunch today for a girlfriends birthday at the club. Fun! Had to take a quick nap before pick-up! LOL

But, I have baaaaaaaad news! My Micro-Derm was canceled!!! They lady got H191 and was ill... Sucks! Hopefully next week. Had a nail fill instead, and the eyebrows tuned up!

Tonight we went to the varsity football game. (A girlfriend and I brought the boys...) Both boys are at overnights, and H is due home anytime. A little bit of sadness. A married couple friend(s) of ours is going to the American Club tomorrow for their anniversary. Makes me sad. We've gone there so many years for our anniversary. frown

Haven't heard from H today. I'm working up to something, and I'm not sure it's going to be all good. I'll need to process for awhile.

Beyond that! Had four separate compliments on my hair today! Ha!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
D
Dia Offline
D
Heya, MF!!

I'm lurking. smile

BTW, FWIW I've been having great success with The Gabriel Method. 30 lbs in less than 3 months. If you get the book, be sure to go online and download the meditation. I thought the whole idea sounded hokey, but it seems to be working and it's easy-peasy.

The trouble with having an open mind is that people put things in it.

My sitch - Divorce Busted!
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1804137#Post1804137
G
G
Hi Mindfull

No, not really a machine, but I found once I started to see changes in myself I knew I couldn't go back and I wanted more changes so became incredibly focused and this also happened around the time of the first bomb my H dropped on me, so it became something to take my frustrations out on.

I too love the spin classes, I became a bit addicted to those and was doing 3 classes a week, I had to back off way too much cardio.

BTW what's a Martini lunch? Haven't heard of that before.

Trying to keep hope alive
S
S
Originally Posted By: S.T. _I Made It!
The biggest thing our men want to see is us be happy with ourselves and look like we are taking care of our bodies. If we are complaining about how our legs look big, but then we never do anything about it, and keep eating the same, they are going to be frustrated.

Just wanted to say AMEN to that!! I don't think there's anything more effective to slowly killing the attraction than to be told what's so unattractive about your W... BY YOUR W!! First of all, if you're happy with the way you look, it shows!! If you're not, you do something about it. It's all about confidence. This probably sounds like oversimplistic guy talk, but it's what I have done myself.

MF, lose the weight if that's what you need to do to get your confidence back and be happy with yourself. THAT's what will bring attraction back. Don't do it just for the weight, that's just a number.

JMHO

Me:37/W:38
T11/M8
S12 S4 S4
Bomb 10/07
Sep 7/08-

1st Thread
2nd Thread
Current Thread
T
T
Originally Posted By: mindfull
Oz... what do you do at the gym?

I walk 3 miles w/ankle weights 4-5 times per week in the am with some mom's from the boys school. And, then, I'm doing any class offered at the gym next to my boys soccer training fields in the evenings 2-4 times/week. So far, I've done:

YOGA - My God! They turned the heat up to 82 degrees F! ON PURPOSE!! And, although I was incredibly sore afterwards, and I feel like I got an awesome workout, the peace and quiet and focus was not for me! I was supposed to be focusing on inhaling, and I'm sneaking a look at my keys/phone in the corner, "Hmmmm was that a txt coming in?" Then, when I'm supposed to be staring at the ceiling contemplating some stretch, clearing my head, I'm like... "What else do I need to get at Target on the way home?" NOT for me! I need loud music, yelling, and lots of cardio!

STABILITY BALL CLASS - LOVED IT! Nice mix of cardio and core training. Hurt like hell the next am, through the core. Handsome men in class, too! LOL However, I don't like mixing sexes in these classes. It's just weird.

ULTIMATE CONDITIONING CLASS - LOVED IT! Ditto!

SPIN CLASS - LOVED IT!!!!! I seriously almost threw up, but then Lenny Kravitz came on, and, frankly, I think he's hot, so I kept peddling and singing along (in my head!).

I'm doing kickboxing net. I used to do Tae Bo, and I grew up in Tae Kwon Do. And, I'd really like to use some of those moves on my H right now, so I'm sure I'll excel!!!

hi mindfully one,

Just saying hi as I trek on by.

And also just want to add that you rock as is evidenced by this post. more zip than the energizer bunny me thinks. best of luck on the wooing.

Be blessed young lass. prayers for you for sure.

T

Last edited by Tomato; 09/14/09 08:00 PM.

debut thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hey Everyone!

DIA - EasyPeasy. MY kind of diet. Just searched online, found the book, ordered it, will be in my hands by Fri. THANKS!!! Dia, you little minx! I need another update for you. I'll go check in!

OZ - LOL Martini Lunch = Martini's w/lunch. Martini's FOR lunch. Whatever your preference. Do they not have Martini's in Oz? If not, I'll post you a fab martini recipe! Oz, how's it going? Did you do well, pulling back over the weekend???

SAM - The voice of reason!! I am doing it for me. Plus, I have no time to shop, and I have WAY many more choices in my closet if I go DOWN in size, rather than up!! I need to check in on you!!

TOMATO - Where ya been? Great words of encouragement? How are the friendly skies? I'm doing ORD to LAX in a few weeks. Can you clear the way for me? How's your W? Any new developments?

====

Nothing new to report. Soccer games and boating all weekend. Oh, and also more FURNITURE moving!!! I've decluttered about 1/3 of our house in the last three weeks or so. Feels good. I don't think I'll EVER get to the storage rooms (about five in all).

Tomorrow - HAIR and waxing appointment(s)! Yahoo! S12's football game.

Walked today. Walking tomorrow.

Not sure when I can fit in the exercise classes this week. Our Field Service Manager will be here Wed, and I need to accompany him to a customer to do an install, come back to my house, and, (get this) we're taking our waverunners up the river to interview two of our potential Field Service/Automation Engineers! LOL Thursday, more interviews... might do them from the boathouse!

H is handling the boys Wed night, and offered to assist in the waverunner logistics. He likes to see people enjoy the water.

Felt a little sad this weekend on Saturday night. Our friends went to a resort that we used to go to every year for our anniversary. H kept giving me a tilted head, questioning look if he saw me get a little sad (never cried, but had to look away a few times as I was thinking about them, etc...). Asked once what was up... I told him I'd tell him another time. I txt'd him this afternoon, and just told him that "The XXXXXX's went to the American Club this weekend, and it was on my mind a lot since we had so many great memories there. No response needed."

That's all.

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

G
G
Hi MF

You can get martini's here, but to be honest I have never ever had one, so a great recipe would be welcomed. D is having a cocktail party for her birthday. If you like you can check out what's been happening over in my situation, it all went a bit wrong and a bit weird over the weekend.

Sounds like you are moving along okay and handling yourself well, keep on walking and gyming. I have had a couple of weeks break to deal with the move and unpacking etc, booked in with my trainer to start again this Thursday, looking forward to that and can't wait till I get my bike to start some serious riding.

Trying to keep hope alive
T
T
Originally Posted By: mindfull
TOMATO - Where ya been? Great words of encouragement? How are the friendly skies? I'm doing ORD to LAX in a few weeks. Can you clear the way for me? How's your W? Any new developments?

As is nearly always the case, I have been motoring along on the PA roadways for hours on end or so it seems. I spend more time driving than flying by far and that is never a good thing. To me that is the key to happiness is to be airborne for more hours than are spent in a car each and every week. As short as a flight route as I have had for the last 8+ years, that is pretty hard to have happen. As I only fly for like 9 hours a week. I shall not complain as I know just how blessed I am to be getting paid for doing that which I love and to be paid a salary as if I was flying 40 hours a week. He is a terrific God indeed.

I am sure your way will be clear and your travels to LAX will be safe. I can't imagine why anyone would wanna go to that crummy city.

My W is doing ok. Physically she is never ok and I pray constantly that she might be able to get out from under the "dark cloud" of terrible health she has been under since birth. But in a bunch of other ways she is doing well. And of course she has me! A little more each day she might actually see that as more of a blessing than a curse ..haha.

All I can tell ya is that we are on a good run right now. Our M is coming along and while not all of our times our with out contentiousness we are learning new ways to handle it and get past it better I think. Counseling may be just around the corner. And while I surely am not there entirely and I would never be able to accomplish any of it without the Lord's tremendous grace and mercy ..all I can say is that Divorcebusting is no mythical thing. My loving God is making our divorce a thing of the past and something to learn and grow from steadily but surely.

Ted

debut thread
E
E
Quote:
H kept giving me a tilted head, questioning look if he saw me get a little sad (never cried, but had to look away a few times as I was thinking about them, etc...). Asked once what was up... I told him I'd tell him another time. I txt'd him this afternoon, and just told him that "The XXXXXX's went to the American Club this weekend, and it was on my mind a lot since we had so many great memories there. No response needed."

so..i have questions and comments..

First off..

why not tell him then if he is looking all quizzical??

never ever tell him something like this by text...if he was looking all quizzical, what you have described is what a dog does when it hears an odd high pitched noise, whistle then maybe if you had told him in person he may have just offered some comfort?? or said something??

then you text him, tell him and let him off the hook??

I don't really get that...

Page 74 of 81 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 80 81

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard