Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
B
OP Offline
B
The kids are now officially home for the Summer. I had forgotten how much they eat!! They are like cows, they graze.

We took a trip to the library today, they each checked out 2 books to read. I told them they each had to have one hour of Summer reading each day.

I am waiting for a call from the Unemployment people to help me with the upcoming hearing. I am as nervous as all hell. I am not sure if my former Employers will be bringing other employees with them as witnesses or not.

The whole thing just makes me feel so uneasy. I also have the right to have witnesses, and have them subpeoned, but they are all still working there and I doubt very much any of them would even want to, especially if they want to keep their jobs.

I have never done anything like this before, I have never been to a court or dealt with any type of hearing.

I guess I just have to stay calm, and tell the truth and stick to the facts.

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
S
S
Good luck with everything!!!

I had to laugh at your description of the kids grazing. grin
After I had my 2nd daughter and didn't work for ahile my younger brother came to stay part of the summer with me. I had to tell my mom either she needed to give me money or buy groceries for him because all he did was eat. I can only imagine how much yours eat with it being more of them.

D
D
Good luck BND. As long as you tell the truth, you will be fine. And with everything you have been through the last few years, I know you could handle this.

S
S
BND--

I went grocery shopping for all the extra mouths in my house for the summer and I immediately began wishing they were back in school!!! Where the heck do they put all that food and why can't I have their metabolisms???

Living God's blessings with grace and dignity~
SMW

M40/H36
T16/M14
B2/08
S4/08
current

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through
every circumstance.
I Corinthians 13:7

T
T
Hi BND,

I hope everything with the unemployment problem went well in the court.

Just wanted to say hi and that I am thinking of you. (((HUGS)))

B
OP Offline
B
Hi People,

I have had an interesting day.....

I met with the Principal of the local High School today to get recertified to Sub again. Things went well, so I will be able to start in the Fall.

A couple of hours later, my Husband got a call from his office. He has been laid off.
They will try to get him some freelance work, but as of today, he is unemployed.

I think I am in shock......

Honestly, it has been just one thing after another and I am getting pretty tired.

He is already looking online for a job.

He asked me if I was willing to relocate.

Breathing....................

I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
job Offline
BND,
Take a huge breath and get ready for new adventures. Things happen for a reason and it's time for a new beginning in another area of your life. Your marriage is new once again appears to be on solid ground, so now it's time to begin anew in other areas.

Are you willing to relocate? If so, where does he have in mind? I thought you were looking at Florida a while back.

I know that things have been tough for you, but may the good man upstairs is trying to put your focus elsewhere for a reason. Sit quietly...the answers will come.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
T
Hi BND,

I am sorry for all the ups and downs you have had recently. I can imagine that you are in shock! Hopefully, a suitable job will come up for your H soon, and if you really have to relocate it will be somewhere you like. - Good luck, and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Take care. (((HUGS)))

B
OP Offline
B
Yes, I am willing to relocate.

I am more then ready to move away from this small Town living.

I can't sell my home in this economy, so we would have to rent it out and find another rental to live in, wherever we end up.

I am sitting in my living room right now, just listening to the kids chatting away. The are discussing our Summer vacation. We were suposed to be spending a week in Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

They still don't know that my Husband lost his job, and I will have to cancel the vacation as we can no longer afford it.

I hate dissapointing the children. The are good kids and never ask for anything. They all got amazing report cards, all made honors.

OK.......going to focus on other things.

Today my Husband will be receiving his final check via FedEx, and will be applying for unemployment.

He is already loking for jobs, and I am just praying that he won't get into a depression lke he has in the past when he has lost his job.

P
P
(((BND))) Sorry to hear your H lost his job. And sad that the kids will miss out on the vacation.

Yes, there usually is a reason for things to happen the way they do. It looks like your H is being responsible instead of feeling beaten by the lay-off. God has good plans for you and your family. Jer 29:11 (slightly paraphrased) "God's plans for you are to prosper you, and not to harm you. His plans are to give you hope and a future."

PH's Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard