Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 45 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 44 45
P
P
Yup. My H is on cra*kberry the whole time. I have pictures of him at D7's camp on the blackberry. I wasn't there, these photos were taken by the camp leaders. These guys are SO out of it, they don't even know. Sad.

But you are doing well, it sounds like fun at your house!

Me:39
H:40
S:9
D:7
First Bomb ONS:June 07
Second Bomb OW: March 08
Separated: March 08
M:15 yrs
T:18 yrs
H deep into A with OW
Achieved ACCEPTANCE May 30, 09

'Yes, I can.'
B
B
Lol, total drama island! I hope that you enjoyed it! I have given free swimming lessons to some of my friends kids, but I sincerely believe that in a ocean community, its really, really important for safety for kids to be able to swim.

Im not saying that this is whats going on here, I think that you are probably right that if this isnt OW2, then it could very likely be prospective OW2! Of course I hope that this isnt the case, but he has proven himself to be quite the winner so far, so who knows what he is thinking.

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Both of our kids can swim, S15 is really experienced, and D9 can swim, but doesn't have the underwater breathing while swimming down. I might just take D9 to some swimming lessons now this summer anyway, so less excuse for OW2 or stbOW2 to give her lessons.

And...I got laid off from my job today. They said their OPS budget was cut in half. The other OPS has worked there for years and has to be kept b/c she works late afternoon & evenings when no one else is there. So...my first laying off or firing or whatever.

Surprisingly, I don't feel that bad about it. I'm not thrilled or happy about it, but there are a lot of good things about this. BTW, when they fired me, I thanked them for giving me the office experience and asked them to consider me if they get the funding in the future. I gave them both hugs. (I'm always gonna be a cheesy goob) I worked the last half hour which was left.

OK: positives are: I figured out $30 to $40 of my $100 paycheck was going to gas. Another $10 or so at least on fast food b/c I'd be out and not always have made a sandwich. With commuting time, I was gone about 25 hours driving and working for about $50 so about $2 an hour. And H was trying to suggest that I needed daycare which would have been impossible to afford. He also was prob. going to say that b/c of my part-time job I couldn't homeschool the kids as well or something like that. So this may actually help me out in mediation at the end of the month. I'm hoping anyway. The job pays a month later so I'm still going to get a full paycheck next week and then a one-week paycheck at the end of July. So I feel I have about 2 months to look for a job now. And I have current work experience.

I'm not planning on telling H about this. I figure the kids prob. will. I'm going to tell the L tomorrow, and email her about this.

Karen

Last edited by karen43; 06/11/09 09:47 PM.

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
I am sorry. Yes there are plenty of positives and I know you don't usually need any help finding those! I almost called you during my lunch break, just had a feeling. Let me know if you want and I can still give you a shout.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
N
N
((((Karen))))

Darn, that stinks. I'm so sorry. But I am sure you will find another job in no time; just hang in there, friend. Layoffs happen.

Hugs and blessings.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
P
P
(((Karen))),

I just updated my thread. Look at it, it make give you some hope on the job front. All the hard work you put in now will reap rewards later on, I really believe it. Keep on going!

Me:39
H:40
S:9
D:7
First Bomb ONS:June 07
Second Bomb OW: March 08
Separated: March 08
M:15 yrs
T:18 yrs
H deep into A with OW
Achieved ACCEPTANCE May 30, 09

'Yes, I can.'
S
S
(((Karen)))
Its always somethin' it seems like. At least you can look at the positives and your not a goob. You are good person and have integrity and a heart, something that seems to be in short supply these days.

It just means you are on to the next step to finding the right niche for you.

M:39
H:39
K:S14;D8
T:22yr
M:15yrs
S:12/28/07 EA/PA
3/14/08 OW preg
11/17/08 born
12/12/08 his
~~~~~~~
Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option

K
karen43 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
OK. Need some advice. It's been a week and as usual H adds to the stress. He just emailed me this: D9 was upset last night. She mentioned that you had been fired in one conversation andindicated that it will or would be OK because god will provide for them. Whatever the situation with your job i am sure you were upset when you talked to the kids. while the kids are growing up and do have a right to know about big events that affect them we cant just confide in them as if they were adults. we have to provide their sense of security. i hope you don't get mad at D9 for mentioning she seemed to be trying to process it. i hope you find adults to talk about things with because kids shouldn't have to.
Ok, I did actually talk to y'all here plus my friends in town. I told D9 that I had good news & bad news when I told her. I said I had gotten laid off my job b/c of budget cuts b/c it's a tough economy, but that we were going to be fine. I would be getting paid at the end of this month and next month and would continue to job hunt. I said we were going to be fine and that God has always watched over us and taken care of us. She did cry when I told her, but I talked to her for 5 to 10 minutes after and she seemed ok although obviously she was upset. I told her that we would have more time now, she's been wanting to do some morning walks (to hot in the afternoon now at almost 100 here), and walk past the cows, goats, and horses on our new street and I said we could do that and the summer free kids movies we could go to now.

I told S15 when I got home that I had gotten laid off and would keep job-hunting and everything would be ok. I was very positive about all this and didn't cry or betray any fears and said we can catch up on our homeschooling. I 100% did handle this as well as I could. I never even imagined not telling the kids about the layoff b/c that would be weird to me. It is a major life event, like moving or whatever, they're kind of going to notice, and I think to say nothing to them would be weird. Anway, my ? is do I email back kind of a shortened version of this just saying I did tell them, I was positive about it, and did tell them God is watching over us. I was also thinking I could say thanks for telling me concerns as I will try to get them both into the therapist this week and D9 will have to miss some summer camp, b/c it does sound like she could use a visit to the therapist with all the stuff that's gone on in her life the past year or whatever. Or should I email nothing, just set the kids up for appt. and ignore him? I have 2 concerns: I'm about to do a possible custody battle, so want to do this as perfectly as I can, but I do love to ignore his rants!!! And btw, I would never ever get mad at D9 for being upset about this or telling her dad. WTH? And btw, if you've been following the whole glasses thing with H, he took her to summer camp this am and forgot the glasses at his place so she didn't have them today nor did he pack her a snack. (I brought her one at snack time). Do I email him my concerns about his parenting--no I do not.... Karen

Last edited by karen43; 06/12/09 07:54 PM.

Me 53
D18, S24
K
K
Ok, I just have a minute. I would say" Thank you for taking the time to express your concern regarding my job situation. I addressed this with the kids but also told them that I was still looking and that we would be fine. Just in case you were worried about D9 not having a snack today, I have already taken care of it so don't worry. Thanks again for your concern".

I do think he is too big of an idiot to get the sarcasm, but at least you are being polite and pointing out that he forgets stuff too. Oh wait I forgot he thinks he is a God...

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
ooh, Im sorry about the job Karen. That is tough. I also really like what kat said, I think thats perfect... Can you slip in something about the glasses too?

(((Karen)))

I guess I gave the wrong finger to the wrong man...
Page 19 of 45 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 44 45

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard