Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
A
Have you looked into the Surviving the Big D forum? Not too many posters, but some good stuff over there.

job Offline
Ms. H,
You are not a bitter woman. You are a woman that's been hurt very deeply and you know what? You are going to be okay in time.

Your xh is no longer a threat to you. There's absolutely nothing he can do to you now. You can now start really putting your focus back on you, your children and what you want to do w/your life. Spread your wings and soar! You've earned those wings and it's time to start testing them.

Healing takes time, be kind to yourself, and know that we all love you very, very much.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Y
Y
We are here for you MissH...Take care of yourself.

Y

T
T
Miss H,

What you are going through is normal. Your emotions/feelings are normal. It is quite a process to go through.

I am a little farther along in this process than you.

I can honestly say, I am not as bitter as I use to be.

Why? You may ask.... What changed?

I am watching my ex go through the natural consequences of all of his nasty/negative behaviors.

Losing his friends, losing his reputation in the community, losing all his money, clients, losing the respect of his children who use to admire him, losing all of my family who loved him dearly, losing his health, etc............

It all eventually catches up to them. All the crap they did to their children and spouses, all comes back.

Me: 46 H:44
Together: 25 years
Married: 20 years
Separated: 11-30-06 Divorced 12-21-07
OW: EA began 2005
PA began end of 2006
3 children,20, 16, 6
ex asked for forgiveness
01/16/11

G
G
mIss H
Trusting is right as your kids grow they will form their own opinions of what happened or is happening with their Dad and you know what the best thing is to let them form them on their own.........stay queit...either he will change or your sons opinions will change ..think long term...take care

J
J
Bitter? I know more than enough bitter women...AND men on this board. I'd be hard pressed to call you bitter. A bit sour, but sweet too...just kidding.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

T
T
Miss H,

Is it bitterness? I don't think so, but I admit I don't know for sure. I just know that I feel the same way a lot of the time.

We have to learn how to cope and deal with an incredibly difficult and sad and painful situation, and it's hard, and it takes time. If you are still stuck in the same place in another 2 years from now, then yeah, I might use the word bitter. But not yet. And to avoid getting stuck in that place, seeing a counselor is an excellent idea.

For myself, I feel pity for my xh, and have realized that he was made of much weaker stuff (character, values, morals) than I thought he was. That is unattractive to me, and I'm not sure I would want a relationship with him again, even if/when he ever "comes out of the tunnel." On some days I feel I have truly detached.

But on some days, I am still deeply hurt and angry. Very angry. And it makes me so frustrated that he and the bimbOW continue to get away with living their happy happy joy joy life, with seemingly no consequences for their deceit and the pain they have caused me, the kids, H's parents, our old friends, etc.

I know I need to stop dwelling on that and focus on me and the kids and not on x's choices. I am working on that, and working on forgiveness, but it takes time. It is a "one day at a time" ongoing process.

But it is hard in light of his continued selfish, immature behavior. My xH is also on a major power trip right now, and seems to get off on controlling me and the kids---in regards to selling the house, D15's plans with friends, S10's extracurricular activities...anything and everything he can stick his nose into.

When they are with him he threatens the kids that if they aren't nice to the bimbOW he will spank them, take away their toys, their cell phones, will sell D15's elderly pet horse, etc. He forces them to spend time with her even when S10 politely and feelingly told his dad that still felt uncomfortable around bimbOW, missed spending time with just the two of them, and asked if they could have some exclusive "dad and kids time." (S10 told me about it later. xH just told him "That's not up to you, so you better get used to it." <sigh>) They barely know her, and he wants to force them into being immediate best friends with her! Doesn't he get it that will just backfire on him? Why, oh why, can't he take into consideration what they are feeling and thinking and even verbalizing? (And why do I still waste my time asking questions like that??? <another sigh>)

So, yeh, I get what you're going through. I can't take my xh back to court over anything he's doing, and it probably would only backfire anyway, but like you, I struggle with how to react when I hear some of the things the kids are telling me about what happens at his place.

Do I say anything to him? How do I advise the kids on how to handle it? (Sometimes I want to tell them to punch 'em both in the nose!) LOL!

But I don't think that means we're bitter women, either one of us. We are the Momma Bears! Momma Bears protect their children, and when we see our kids hurting, or see things that could potentially cause harm to our kids (psychological and emotional harm, not just physical)we want to make it stop! And when we can't do anything to fix it or make it better, we get frustrated and angry! I think that's normal, and I don't think it has anything to do with bitterness.

So don't beat yourself up. You are doing an amazing job of being a single mom. It's just a very steep learning curve.

{{{Hugs to you.}}}

Me:40, xH:41
M:19 T:21
D14, S10, D6
IDLYA bomb:12/22/06
OW bomb (21 yr. old employee):12/23/06
H move out 2/07, OW move in 5/07
D papers served 6/07
D final Nov. 26, 08 :-(
M
MissH Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you for all of your responses.

My mind is too clustered right now to respond. I am overwhelmed with school work.

I will respond soon.

Thanks again.

Me:35, ex: 36
Sons: 9 & 7
Bomb: July, 2006
Divorced 2009
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard