Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
My job, it's nothing mysterious. I'm just a people manager and and semi-retired. Nothing real exciting. I got a decent job when I retired in an area I wanted to live. Can't complain.

Good luck with the court date. I can't imagine how hard it is have this keep dragging out. I guess getting closure can be expensive. Not to mention the hardship it places on you. Advantages? Exactly what are the advantages?

jstx
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
I had my first class last night. Earlier this week I read that it was a modified distance learning class. I thought that meant that we would use the blackboard alot.

But I was surprised last night to find that it's all blackboard. We have to meet twice, last night, and for the last class.

The rest will be all on-line.

The class is Senior Seminar in Managerial Ethics. So each week we have to comment on case studies, and sometimes write short answer essays on articles. No grades, just credit for doing the work.

The big grade is a group paper on a case study. So the time that I would normally be in class will be spent on that. Thankfully I know one of the students in my group, and I feel good about it. I had a group project last semester too, and it went well. So I have high hopes.

Most people think this would be a good deal. I just see it as a trade. No class, but there will be plenty of work to fill in the gap. I'm just going to use that night as homework/project night. And some of that will probably be with my group, so I didn't really win anything.

I think I'd rather have the class. I haven't done much like this. We'll see how it goes.

After this only 9 more to go!!! \:\)

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
You are so close! Congratulations!

jstx
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
Advantages?

Yeah, I know it's hard to believe.

I would not choose D, and I do wish I was on piecing. I miss my partner and best friend, and I wish my kids had their dad full-time. Of course the financial situation stinks too - starting over there...ugh...

Back then I couldn't see how I could have a life post D. I couldn't see the future. But now, I see a great future.

To answer your question, advantges...

Nobody to make me feel inferior.
Nobody telling me that I'm broken or not good enough.
Nobody thinking my parents are beneath them.
Nobody complaining if I don't make the bed.
Nobody flirting with other women in front of me.
Nobody to make me feel like I can't do anything right.
The feeling of strength and independence for the first time.
Growing in ways that I didn't know I could.
Seeing things that I missed along the way or couldn't see when I was married.

Should I keep going? You know how much I love lists!

I'm off tomorrow, so I have all night to type! LOL

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: jstx
You are so close! Congratulations!
Thank you! I can see the end! I am so excited. It's gonna take a couple more years doing this part-time thing, but I can see it.

It killed me taking 2 classes last semester, but I think I might suck it up a couple more times and knock this out.

I just don't know what I'm gonna do when I don't have college. I'll go crazy!

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
There's always a Master's...you can cross that bridge when you come to it. How did you get tomorrow off? Is it a holiday? I'm in class this week and pretty much bored stiff. I've been told we might get off a little early tomorrow but from what I've seen, there's not much around here to do anyway.

They way that going to Chincoteague Island is a real treat...I'm excited.

I can see what you mean about the D. And you really need to work on that list thing.

jstx
Saw your comment on my thread. I'll survive. I had some pretty severe pain last fall but it eventually went away. I've got insurance so I'm using that to see what can be done, but all that stuff about how the VA will take care of you hasn't really panned out thus far.

Haven't given up, but I'm not optimistic they'll be able to do anything in the next decade or so. LOL

jstx
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
If I do decide to go that route, it has to be when S14 is older. It's just too much right now. I just keep at it for job security. With college and the VP position on the local board, it helps.

I've been thinking about it though. Even talked to someone about my CPA. I know someone with a business. So if I decide on a 2nd career after I hit full pension, it might be an option. Not sure.

I also have some thoughts about relocating later after the kids are on their way. I guess it depends on how far. I'll have to tell you about that sometime.

That is another bridge that is down the road still.

S14 is out of school tomorrow. So I asked for a PTO day. You know I still have all of that time to use. I'm up to about 31 days a year now, or something like that. It might be hard to leave this company - I love my time off!!

I don't get up that way much, and when I do, it's usually laid back. So I know what you mean by not a lot to do. I don't know how far the drive is back down this way. But the beach or something might be a nice day trip. It's close enough.

They have the pony run each year up there. Keep saying I'll get up there to see that one of these days. Considering my life lately, a lazy day with nothing to do buy chill sounds great. You're lucky!!

Where are you going to see the Super Bowl? We have a couple of parties to choose from, but haven't decided yet.

Still haven't taken that list class yet. You sure they haven't developed a pill yet? I don't know how I remembered that, but it made me laugh when I did. So I just had to mention my list problem. My staff jokes me about it too.

Heck, how do you think I got my promotion to manager? LOL

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
MAL Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Ellie, I finally replied to your email. But from yahoo, since I was having issues.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
There's a place up the road (just across the MD state line) called the Green Turtle. Looks like a decent Sports Bar so I'm planning on going there unless I find someplace better on Saturday.

Yeah, they tell us about the pony run, but it's not this weekend. That seems to be the main attraction but when it's not happening I think the best they can do is a bowling alley.

A CPA would be a great move. Go for it when you get a chance.

jstx
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard