Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
OP Offline
I
Hi, I'm a recycle. Been here, done that.

Just need some encouragement & support. I'm taking a break from trying. I'm tired of banging my head against a wall. The bruises need to heal again.

B
B
Welcome IH101

Sorry you've BTDT & still finding yourself seeking support from others instead of getting it from a 'parnter'. There are plenty here that can provide that... I have made many wonderful friends here.

It's ok to take some time for yourself, love yourself, gain strength, let the bruises heal, and feel the warmth of sunshine on your face again.

What can we do to help with that support?

I enjoy spending time with my kid(s)- one is off to college & only home occassinally now-, planning trips I may eventually take, listening to music, and taking care of foster dogs.

Hope today is brighter for you.
Peace
Bridge

Divorced 03/2010
Mom to two amazing kids

Taking the road less traveled because those encountered on the way may be just as unique.

http://tinyurl.com/ybqkan8 = Current Thread

B
B
Make January about taking care of you and having some fun. Yes. You heard me. FUN. You got that?? ;\)

Last edited by breakaway; 01/05/09 02:32 AM.

Me-42,H-41,M-14
S-12,9

Previous thread
I
OP Offline
I
Bridgestone, thank you for the welcome.

Do you think it ever gets to a point that we get all the support we need from a partner ? Or even if we're receiving a lot of support from our partner, do we still require additional support from family, friends, websites, etc ? & is that alright ? or does it mean something is lacking in the relationship with our partner ?

I suppose what I need right now in ways of support, is just listening. I think it's very therapeutic for us to "journal" our feelings & thoughts.

I hope you have a good day.

I
OP Offline
I
I think I do need to learn how to have fun. I think I learned to survive. I learned to cope. I don't know that I ever learned to have fun.

Can you give me a clue on how to start ??

Maybe a homework assignment or two ?

To be having fun, do you need to laugh, or does it just mean that you feel "up" & good about things ?

I do yoga. I feel fabulous when I'm doing it, but I don't know that it qualifies as fun. Although, it would be considered taking care of me.

What do you do for fun ?

I hope you have a fun day.

D
D
You've already answered your own qustion, well atleast one, homework, get out there and find something to keep your mind off of dwelling on the M before it consumes you whole. the more productive the better, learn a new hobby or skill or womething.

And yes, friends and family are great, but, NO talk of the M problems as they will only see your point of the problems and only tell you your spouse IS THE ONLY PROBLEM. Wrongo! We all play our parts in our M problems, question is do you realise yours yet or not, of so, good, get out there and work them and make yourself a better person.

Me 35/XW 33
S13 & S12
M: 10/17/98
OM & S: 07/08
D final 06/09/09
12/03/09 - 06/13/10 "Piercing"
06/13/10: Engaged to Re-marry 10/17/10
06/25/10: Expecting baby #3 2/14/11
A
A
Fun = Anything that makes you feel a twinkle in your eyes and lets you forget your worries... No laughter required... That would make it too complcated... It's also very personal but can be learned by putting yourself in situations where you're more likely to feel that twinkle and forget your worries (however temporarily that might be)... Baby steps... Start with little funs and the big FUNS will follow...

New: What a Weekend

H-48
WAW-49
M-22
S-14,9
D-11
EA disc.-11/07
PA disc.-3/08
EA2?-6/08 to ?
C
C
InHiding~

I am sorry you are here....but welcome!!

Looking for homework...hey!! Have you read either of Michele's books DB/DR? It's a great way to start....so you can learn the lingo around here. They are kind of the "bible" of these parts \:\) LOL!!!!

The most important thing to remember about DB is taking care of you....with out doing that...how can you take care of anyone around you!!!

When I feel down, I like to watch joelosteen.com....he's so positive....and he just inspires me to be a better person....he talks a lot about R/M/D's as well....

I agree with Alex....each baby step is a milestone to celebrate....really work on GAL...get a pedi and a massage....things that make you feel good about you. Get a new haircut...or a facial....gosh i'm making myself drool!!! LOL!!!

The people around here are the best ever!!! we are all like family....again, welcome....if I can do anything to help you...please don't hesitate to ask!!! I'm always floating around \:\)

(((((inhiding))))))) <--------- virtual hug 4 you!!!

Christa

H-32
Me-29
T-10years
M-4yr (10/04)
Me- WAW 1/07
I filed for D 2/07
D put on hold 5/07
H re-files for D 9/08
WOW! trying MC 10/08

"Work like you don't need the money, dance like nobody is watching, love like you've never been hurt!"
A
A
Christa,

I disagree on the pedi part, but that's just me...

And, did you get that little GRE issue fixed?

Don't know why, but I have this feeling IH101 will get the hang of things very quickly...

-AlexEN

P.S. Drooling is NEVER fun...

New: What a Weekend

H-48
WAW-49
M-22
S-14,9
D-11
EA disc.-11/07
PA disc.-3/08
EA2?-6/08 to ?
C
C
Alex....have you ever tried a pedi....you may just fall in love!!!!
LOL \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

H-32
Me-29
T-10years
M-4yr (10/04)
Me- WAW 1/07
I filed for D 2/07
D put on hold 5/07
H re-files for D 9/08
WOW! trying MC 10/08

"Work like you don't need the money, dance like nobody is watching, love like you've never been hurt!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard