Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Sue Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Rich, I didnt see your post!

guess what just happend? Boo Boo Bear had woke up while I was posting and was mighty quiet. well after giving him a big hug I discovered why. He had a poopy diaper he decided to thoroughly explore. so I got a lovely poopy hug hee hee. gosh I am going to miss these times. no wonder I have so much laundry all the time LOL

I cant complain much about the weather. we have had a mild summer. no 120's.

order chineese take out. theres always bbq pork

Sue

Sue - I hope you realize that you are no longer Wonder Woman. Sounds like you still accomplish an incredible amount of stuff but you just use your superpowers in the right places. Not saying later and maybe to my daughter and paying more attention to her are things I'm always working on. It helps that Spongebob is one of my favorite shows - me and my 8 year old watch that all the time. Patrick and Spongebob have such a great friendship and there is just enough silliness to keep us adults, or overgrown kids, entertained. A real adult never grows up. I think with all your studies you know what I mean. Enjoy the holiday if you can stay awake!

Who needs the electronic gagets of the 21st century? give a kid an empty box or a dirty diaper and they'll be fine.I guess the boo bear gets 2 baths today.
Have fun Sue.
I've always said boys are easier then girls.

Think good thoughts
Hug your kids
peace

Thrive/dont just survive Think good thoughts Hug your kids peace
Hey Sue, has anyone ever told you that you are the answer to a prayer? Well, you are right this moment for me. I had a horrific night last night. My life seems to be just one darn stress after another. Now, most of it I can see that it's my fault. I like to try and deal with things instead of trusting God to do it. I'm trying to learn new methods of copying. The main one being letting go of the idea that only I know what is best. Anyway, I lay in bed last night inviting God into every aspect of my life. Some places I am terribly ashamed of and keep hidden from him. Lately it seems that everything I do is a struggle. I get no joy out of anything, it's all just drudgery.

Take this weekend for example. My son was home for the first time from college. He had a friend along with him. I had relatives in from out of town so planned a big cookout on Saturday night. I've always believed that if the outside was perfect then the inside would some how fall into place with it. My house has to be clean, the food has to be prepared just right, we have to eat at a certain time, on certain dishes...on and on and on. Well, everything was a mess. I was late with the bread, the floors were dirty and the puppy had gotten into the kitty liter and strewn it all over the bedroom. My entire evening was ruined. No one seemed to notice though cause there was lots of laughter....I could hear it as I was running around trying to make everything perfect.

At 3:00am this morning I was sobbing in bed. I felt such shame and so unworthy of any of the wonders God has to offer because I can't manage to keep my house clean, my life in order and be the parent I need to be all at the same time. I ask for guidance from God, help in knowing what to do and here you are with this thread. He really doesn't care if my life is not perfect, if all is not in order.

I've been better lately. Been spending more time with the boys and not demanding they also have perfect lives. But the guilt of letting go of certain beliefs has been crippling. No more pretending I'm perfect inside by killing myself to try and keep the outside perfect. Maybe I will finally begin to take pleasure in some of the stuff that needs to be done around here. Stuff like raising kids and training puppies. Thanks Sue!
Cathy

Hey Cathy - I've heard this mentioned many times on the board. When things really suck stop and count your blessings. It is then you realize that God really is there taking care of you. Yeah he tests the hell out of you sometimes but he is there. Your health, your beautiful son, your friends, the chance to be an example for other people. All these beautifl things in the world awaiting you now and in your future. We are all blessed whether we choose to see it or not. Have a great holiday - I think you should reward yourself with a catnap today!

S
Sue Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Cathy,

I am so happy for you! dont you love it when the lights come on.
It feels so wonderful when He works through me.
Everyone but you had a wonderful time. I bet you wont let that happen again. Its the company that makes a gathering successful. join them! when things dont turn out how you planned it just adds character.
heres to the imperfect!!!

rather than blondes have more fun lets start a saying... The imperfect have more fun!

This time around with my little guy, I am completely enjoying EVERYTHING involved. whether its sleepless nights, the extra baths , him "helping" me unload the dishwasher while I am loading it, trying to remove my nose, the big hugs, smiles and laughter... so much I didnt fully savor with the girls. sure I enjoyed them, but I felt like I was so busy taking care of them I didnt get to spend as much time carring for them.

I got misty reading your post. thanks for sharing your experience!

shame serves NO purpose!
and perfection is utterly borring.

Sue

PS studying on the computer makes it so easy to sneak peaks at the board. I have to learn more self control LOL

S
Sue Offline OP
OP Offline
S
well... yesterday was a day in the life of Sue.

My printer quit on me. So I had to hand write out a two page typed (6 1/2 handwritten) paper. that made my morning a wee bit chaotic. yelling from my desk, ok now brush your teeth, now put on your shoes, now eat your breakfast.... ok its time to leave lets go. go down stairs and aparently noone was really following my orders LOL. just saying ok we are. since the oldest was ready and her school starts earlier I drove her and came back for the other two, giving them time to finish breakfast. since I was running in and out I left my keys in the van. after dropping them off I had to come back in the house to get boo boos things ready to take to the sitter. this time I brought my keys back in with me. as we are leaving and I have his diaper bag, toy bag, lunch bag, and my backpack... I think I dont have my keys, thats right I left them in the van. get him all buckled up and situated and wheres my keys?! oh no!!!! well aparently we are very good at locking every door and window to the house! cause I tried them all 4 times. started looking at the upstairs windows thinking, I bet one of the bathroom windows is open. just then boo boo started crying and I thought all I need is to fall off the roof trying to get in a window and not be able to move while my little guy is buckled in the van, with the heat here. not a good idea. so I tried kicking in the front doors since they are double doors and it works so well in the movies. I guess I lack the super human powers of supermom. so I went to a neighbors and called my H home from work. mean while I miss my quiz and two labs in physiology and am stressing over whether I will make it to my writing class to turn in my paper before class because once it starts its too late and if I will be in time to take that quiz because there is no make ups. my phys proffessor was nice enough to let me take my quiz so I can see what was on it but not get credit for it. I would have done great LOL. so I told myself, something really bad was in store for me had things gone right. so maybe I should feel grateful for the events of my morning. managed to get my labs done during my lunch.

ok well I actually came here to share something kinda cute I read so here it is.

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. Wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks about 2 inches in diameter. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

So the professor picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The students laughed.

The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. "Now," said the professor, "I want you to recognize that this is your life. The rocks are the important things -your family, your partner, your health, your children -- things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else. The small stuff.

"If you put the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal. Take care of the rocks first - the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."

But then... A student took the jar, which the other students and the professor agreed was full, and proceeded to pour in a glass of beer. Of course the beer filled the remaining spaces within the jar making the jar truly full. Which proves: no matter how full your life is, there is always room for a beer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard