Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Chazz Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yo RMG.... thanks Bro.

Quote:
All of this I believe was caused by me entertaining thoughts I believe came from Satan.... He wants to rob us of our lives and the joy of today..... He does NOT need to get us to do something really aweful... Satan just needs to keep us distracted with negative feelings.... I see that clearly now...

It really takes having been there with anxiety and depression to relate to what another person goes through. And the relief of finding a better way. The relief of actually "turning it over" and actually doing it. Actually unburdening yourself. Not just poetically. I mean realy, really real! You probably know what I mean.

I scripture that meant a lot to me when I was learning to come out of depression and anxiety a few years ago.... Luke 4:18... Jesus own words... (sorry... king james version... only one I could find close at hand)...

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

When I read this at the time when I first began to feel reprieve from depression and anxiety, it jumpped out at me with totally new life. Like one of those experiences where you feel like you are reading something for the first time yet it you know you have read/heard it a thousand times.

Man, brokenhearted and captive were two words that described me completely. And I began to find freedom from them by turning my will and life over to God as I understand him... which this God of the Bible and Jesus Christ. This is an instance where I talk about how I simply cannot disbelieve when I get nailed so strongly with an experience like this.

If I have a calling, I feel certain it would include helping people find freedom from captivity of depressed and anxious thinking. I have discovered so much about how my own thinking patterns work.

Yet I still have a faint amount of depression and anxiety try to show up from time to time to remind me and keep me grateful for the depths from which I came.

Thanks for having church with me this afternoon bro.

Ciao.

Chaz

R
R
Originally Posted By: Chazz
Yet I still have a faint amount of depression and anxiety try to show up from time to time to remind me and keep me grateful for the depths from which I came.

Thanks for having church with me this afternoon bro.

Chazz,

You are welcome.

I think those feelings are to be expected from time to time. When it comes, you need to rebuke that, dig back into His Word and pray....

The following really speak to me:
Originally Posted By: God
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. [Or adoption] And by him we cry, "Abba, [Aramaic for Father] Father." -- Romans 8:15 NIV

Originally Posted By: God
"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." -- 1 John 4:18 NIV

Take Care,

RMG

"The bad things in life open your eyes to the good things you weren't paying attention to before." from "Good Will Hunting"

L
L
Chazz...sorry I haven't been able to get back to you before this...I've been stuck in my own little world lately..,

Originally Posted By: Chazz
This is so amazingly true in my life. And frankly, had I not gone through those times, I too would be stuck in my old thinking and not have what I have today in my life. Namely... an amazing wife, and amazing job, improving relationships with all of my family members, and freedome from anxiety, depression, and moodiness that I have had my whole life

That makes it all worth it!! That is amazing you well you've come out of it. We all have our scarring, but being able to look on the 'up' side of things is great.

Me- 29
X - 30
M - 7.5 years
Final April 2009
S - 2005
D - 2007

Don't make someone a priority who only makes you an option.

A wise fish once said...Just keep swimming...Just keep swimming!
N
N
Quote:
EDITED - ADVERTISING is NOT ALLOWED. You must comply with the DivorceBusting.com Board Rules if you would like to continue the privilege of posting here.

Edited by sgctxok (Today at 18:16)

Sg,

This was a simple gaff on my part for which I apologize -- I advocated looking into another program (for which I receive no benefit, mind you, other than just knowing I am offering folks advice) as a service to my fellows here, and yet it comes off as sounding like "advertisement". Certainly not my intent and for that, again, I apologize and will try to be more mindful in the future.

Having said that, might I suggest that the tone of your edit banner be reviewed -- it comes off with such a heavy-handed, dire pronouncement that you'd think I murdered somebody or something. A simple "word to the wise" sort of message would have sufficed.

Thanks for your indulgence.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
C
Chazz Offline OP
OP Offline
C

Quote:
Quote:
EDITED - ADVERTISING is NOT ALLOWED. You must comply with the DivorceBusting.com Board Rules if you would like to continue the privilege of posting here.

Edited by sgctxok (Today at 18:16)

Ahhhhh ha ha ha! NoCode got poned by the censors! Woooo hooo!

Welcome to the club hommes! I got nailed a few months ago for putting up my blog... "The Yuppie CokeHead" or something like that with a web address!!!!!

Woooo hoooo! Oh man I am laughin with ya not at ya bro!!

I so agree with your reply about comment about the "tone" of their banners.

Yo! Yo! Webmasters! Censors! Censor this..... Go [censored] yourselves!!!!!!!!!!

Whooo hooo! I am falling off my chair! ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!!

"Out of the closet and into the streets! Attica! Attica!"

Quick! I need the oxygen!!! Woooo hooooo hooo!!!

Oh man.... I gotta go change my underwear.

Chaz

No Code: thanks!

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
N
N
LOL.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
K
K
LOLOL I see not much changes around here

tsk tsk NoCode LOL

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

B
B
Chaz! Buddy! What happened? You get banned or something? Havent heard from you in a few days.

I guess your post was kinda pushin it, nudge, nudge ;\) ;\)

Oh well... let me see if I can fill in for ya.

Peace.

BlackSheep.

PS.... holy cow! I cant believe how closely our signatures are! Go figure!

Nope, none.

Over a link to Divorce Care? Um, isn't this a "Surviving the D" board? Divorce Care is a non-profit initiative and doesn't rely on public advertising...relies on word of mouth through churches. Would my saying that it is an excellent program, especially if someone wants Christian-based help, be considered advertising too?

That was totally nuts. And to grovel in an apology over it?

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard