C
C
Chris? You still out there?

Me 39
H 35
D 13
M
M
I was just thinking about Chris the other day and hoping that she's doing well. I hope she can update us soon.

Me 36
Husband 35
D5
S2
separated:
10/29/07-present
Served divorce papers 1/22/09
"When the world gives out beneath your feet, it is time to learn how to fly."
OP Offline
Wow.... how totally strange that you all just posted. I just logged on for the first time in weeks, and thought I'd have to search FOREVER for my thread.

Well, there has been lots of stuff that has happened over the last month.

H and I have been doing lots of things with the girls as a family. Been having talks. And he is officially "trying" now. Although the biggest road block still exists. He doesn't love me or have "those" feelings. He wants to, but still states nothing is changing.

WE just went and saw the movie Fireproof (don't think I can link you but google it and watch the trailer.. I recommend this HIGHLY for everyone here). It was made by a church so if a strong Christian message is going to bother you, this won't be the movie for you, but honestly if people can look at the overall message it is TRULY an amazing film. Totally about saving your marriage. I asked H to see it with me, and he did. By the end we were both crying. We originally planned to talk about it right afterwards but decided we both needed time to process, so we talked the next night.

He stated the movie was good and really gives you a lot of motivation. So that was good.

HE moved out of his friends house just last weekend. So he is now only 15 minutes away instead of the Hour and 15 minutes he was spending driving back and forth. I was worried I'd see him less since he'd have less reason to visit here, but so far this week, it's been the same. He got a month to month lease, which I also am very happy about.

He has not commited to counseling together as of yet, but he has agreed to start seeing a counselor alone again. AND he took the recommendation of MY counselor, so I hope this one is MUCH better than our original lady who I felt did so much damage.

I cannot believe I've been at this 6 months now, and separated for 4 of it. I remember when I first found this place and I looked at peoples signatures and thought......." wow, how do they do it? I will NEVER be able to do this that long". But here I am.

Honestly, for 3 months all I heard was I don't love you and I never will again ,and I"m "filing next week". So while we have a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG road ahead, and I would not at all even call us piecing at this point, we HAVE made great strides so I'm trying to hang in one day at a time.

On top of it all, I got laid off from my job 2 days ago. Ironic since my H JUST rented an apt. and my income was a big reason he could finally do that. So now I"m in a HUGE job hunt again. I sort of melted down the other night to him about it, and he kept saying.. "we'll be fine. We'll work it out. Don't stress so much, you'll get another job etc.." Just to hear "we" again was nice.

I have no idea how this all will play out. And I'm so tired and just want it done. But at least I will have the solace of knowing that I really tried everything I could, and he actually DID finally give some kind of effort. I'll still be completely devastated if we divorce, but I won't have to wonder "what if".

So that's it for here. We were supposed to all go up to a National Park together as a family this Sunday to hear the Elk Bugle, but my D6 has to sing with her church choir on Sunday. We didn't originally know that, and it will take up too much of the morning to do the long drive. So we'll postpone it a week. I'm hoping after church (which he normally doesn't go to, but will to hear D6 sing this Sunday. Hope it's a GREAT sermon) we'll still do something as a family.

I hope to find time to catch up with you all very soon. I don't know why, but for awhile there I just got so overwhelmed with it all, I just had to take a step back. My marriage and it's breakdown has been my SOLE focus, and I think I just relized a month ago I needed to start getting my life back. Not closing the door at all, but just realizing that my minute by minute obsessing is not going to make it go any faster.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Chris

D:4
M:9 (T 13)
Bomb 4-5-08, H moved out 6-16-08,
Reconciled and H moved back in 5-31-09
Still doing GREAT a year later!!!
C
C
Chris it is so good to hear from you. I was so afraid you had given up and that's why you weren't posting. I understand the overwhelming feelings associated with obsessing over the situation. I was just thinking today maybe I should to a break....

At any rate, I am happy to hear your updates. I am glad your H is at least putting forth effort. My H agreed to counseling, but I fear it is only to "help me move on".

Hang in there!!!

Me 39
H 35
D 13
M
M
He's officially "trying"? How awesome is that?? Praying that his counselor gives him wise counsel and a change in perspective.

Me 36
Husband 35
D5
S2
separated:
10/29/07-present
OP Offline
Time for another update. Again, awol is best for me at the moment. I do enough obsession on my sitch without this board. LOL

So, new developements.......

H agreed to start counseling with me. This is huge as he said he never would, and it wouldn't do anything. HE came to MY individual session with me last Friday, and my counselor offered to counsel us together, and H agreed. When we got outside, I even asked him if he felt "railroaded" into it, or if he really wanted to, and he said he wanted to.

It all sounds wonderful, but at the same time inthe same session, he told the C that the only feelings he has for me are feelings of me being the mother of his kids. HE's trying, but his feelings are changing. That's so scary.

I mean, we don't fight. We have fun together. We have had some of the best sex of our 12 years inthe last 6 months, ironically. We still have the same common goals for our lives we always did, same interests, same beliefs about raising our kids. And yet, we still could get divorced.

How on earth is that possible?

Trying to hold out hope. One day I'm on top of the world thinking we are going to make it, the next I"m thinking "I can't do this anymore, it's too hard".

I remember when I started on this board seeing in peoples signatures that the'd been at this several months, or even years ,and thinking.... "Wow ,I know I will never be able to do this that long". Well, here I am 7 months later, still at it.

We had a great weekend this weekend. I invited H over for a movie Sat. night. HE came, we had fun, and "relations". Then I was gone all day Sunday, and he had the girls. I asked him if he wanted to stay for dinner when he brought the girls home, and he said yes. When he came he had another movie in hand he had rented, plus food for us. Another great night, and more relations, and he stayed the night. ALL night. This is huge. Then Monday (yesterday), I was gone all day job hunting, he had our youngest while the oldest was in school. Then I had to take her to Brownies last night so he stayed with our youngest. When we got home and got both girls in bed, he stayed and visited awhile. Yes, MORE relations(yes, we seem to have broken down that wall! LOL), then he left to go home since he hadn't been home all weekend and it was a worknight and had to do laundry etc. He is coming back tonight to visit the girls and come for dinner.

It feels SO normal when he is here, and I hate hate hate when he leaves.

I hate not knowing what is going to happen in our future. I'm so tired of the rollercoaster. But the progress we have made over the last 7 months, when I truly break it all down, has been huge, so I cannot give up now.

Chris

D:4
M:9 (T 13)
Bomb 4-5-08, H moved out 6-16-08,
Reconciled and H moved back in 5-31-09
Still doing GREAT a year later!!!
M
M
Glad your not giving up and it's good to see you back here. I think about you often and pray that you're doing well.
Remember it's HUGE that you're in counseling and that h WANTS to be there.

Me 36
Husband 35
D5
S2
separated:
10/29/07-present
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard