Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
(
(
Jill,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I went through the same thing with my Mom 3 years ago when she passed away from cancer and I still remember how painful it was. Just remember that he's in a better place now, free from pain, and that you were blessed to have him in your life. He will always live in your heart.

I'm thinking of you. (((((Jill)))))

By the way, I went camping with Donna in Ohio last weekend and I mentioned to her about what you were going through.

Take care of yourself and God Bless,

Leenie

B
B
Jill, I'm so sorry you've had to say goodbye, but so glad you know the blessings of him having been part of your life.

Not only is he in a better place, but has a better vantage point to care for his family.

(((((((((((Jill))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I know that you're hurting but at least now your Dad isn't suffering, and I know that's never what you wanted that for him.

You are so lucky in that he has left you with so many great and loving memories. Some people will never get to experience the love that he showed to you, which is a very sad thought in itself. You really are blessed!

Love you,
Bethie

K
K
((( Jilly )))
Thinking of you

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

S
S
((((Jill)))) I'm so sorry about your dad. I'm glad your mom has you there. I know you're a great comfort to each other. You're in my thoughts and prayers...

love,
SE

I ain't Miz Representin'!!
Jill: I am so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is. And cancer is a horrible disease. Losing my Mom was just the hardest thing. I miss her every day and still go to pick up the phone to call her.

Take care of yourself and your Mom. Take your time. We'll always be here for you.

Love Barb

T
T
My deepest condolences. What a wonderful man your dad was and you both were blessed to have each other.

{{{Jill}}}

F
F
Hi Jill,

My prayers for your father and your family. It sounds like it was rough, yet such a great goodbye for your parents. How blessed they were.

I remember serving at many funerals as an altar boy as a young child, and I could tell the loved ones who were at peace and those near despair. What strong solid women your father had in his life in his spouse and you!

Describing your Dad as a packrat made me chuckle, as my father's the same. He saves old nails - just in case. As a child, I spent many an hour hammering straight old nails so that they could be used again in the next building 'project.' Don't know what I'll do with all of those coffee cans of old rusty nails when the day comes, but I do imagine that the process of going thru them will trigger many good memories.

May the LORD bless you and keep you;
May the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
May the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.
(Numbers 6:24-26)

FL

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
Quo,

I lost my daughter a few months ago to a horrible cancer, and I, like your mom, was able to lay with and hold my daughter for her last few hours. Please know the peace it has given me to know she was surrounded by those who loved her. I am sure it is the same with your mom. And you are right, they are in a much better place.

So sorry for your loss.

Wishing

L
L
(((((((((((Wishing))))))))))))) Bless you!

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard