Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Lost Dutchman,

I am terribly sorry to hear of your heartbreaking health news. My prayers are with you. Just what you needed on top of everything else you are going through. Best of luck to you! I hope you come out of this with a clean bill of health.

SummerBreeze~ sumrbrz3@aol.com
Hi LD,
My lf's mom is going through the same thing right now too. She had treatment on monday. Really takes alot out of her. Funny thing is(if it can be funny), she is the rock on witch the family keeps leaning on. She is chipper, makes sure she calls them all even though she is weak.
Those people amaze me and I feel that in you too. You'll beat it. Keep flirting with that nurse even though you may not want too.
Prayers to you and a speedy recovery..
Rondo

job Offline
LD,
Chemo does take a lot out of you and it will be a while before you feel much like your old self. Take each day as it comes and know that you have many people who love you. One day soon, your w will realize what she's done to you and your daughter. I just hope and pray that God will intervene and find that soft spot in her heart for just a little while.

As for the nurse, I think she really does like you. She doesn't pity you. Apparently you two have hit on something special. Cherish the time that you talk to her. You just never know, this may be the special person that God wanted to come into your life at this time. Don't question her motives, just accept her friendship for what it is. She will help you through this if you will allow her to. Friendship goes a long way when you are healing.

LD, please take care of yourself. Post when you are up to it. We all miss you.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
LD,
Hot nurses don't ordinarily call you at home out of pitty! There is something she likes.

Blair
First of all, the nurse knows the score on treatment, etc and I think she genuinely likes you.
Second, I am continuing to pray for you, and family as you requested. Take this opportunity to speak to the Lord yourself, too. Just as a Dad beams when his baby gurgles and reaches up to him with recognition - so does your heavenly father look upon you. Sometimes I just don't feel like praying (for my H) and I tell Him, I ask Jesus to pray for me. He does!
Can you just imagine Peter's face when Jesus told him that the devil had been inquiring about him! And the sigh of releif when Jesus said don't worry, Peter, I'm praying for you. Peter didn't even ask - so make a request.
LSL

Hang in there LD! I'm a big believer in positive thought. Enjoy the good bedside manner you are receiving. You are in my prayers.

LD, that nurse sounds like a ray of sunshine. These things come along for a reason, and can really help you along. Just enjoy, and take it as a compliment, which it is.

Prayers and positive thoughts always, Velvet

Dutchman,
Take it one day at a time. Who knows where this nurse is going? Just relax and enjoy the special attention. It's good for the PMA. Maybe it's a sign of better days and better things to come.

Feel better, OK?

OP Offline
I want to thank you all for prayers and support. It has has been provided me a lift and some inspiration that I really needed.

I have felt a bit more like a human lately. The medications must be starting kicking in.

The nurse with the bedside manner invited me to visit the local children's hospital cancer ward this weekend with her. She volunteers up there and said that it would be good for me to see a different perspective as part of my recovery. I said depends on how I feel physically. Mentioned that if was to go she would even make a picnic lunch for afterwards.

We have talked a few times over the past couple of days. So I have a bit more information. She 28, 8 years my junior. Engaged once to a doc, broke it off as he was playing around. Father died when she was 12 of cancer.

Mentioned that she has to be careful about getting attached to a patient because of her position and such. Said that she may want to reassign me to another nurse in the oncology department. I said fine as long as it's not Helga, as she gave me a sponge bath while I was in post-op recovery that would terrify any grown man. She chuckled and said that its good that I have not lost my sense of humor through this.

In a wierd way I can't wait to go to my appointments and see her. She looks and smells as sweet as a georgia peach that has rippened in the sun. yummy!! Peaches have pits right?

Seems to me the more I just play this all-off, the more she shows interest. My guess is that guys have basically thrown themselves in front of her because of her looks. I have flirted, but not seemed overly interested. I think she finds me interesting and challenging. That old DB stuff can be useful even now.

So like they say one day at a time...

-LD

Dutchman,
You sound much better!

It sure sounds like you've got yourself a date! That's great. She is passing you on to another nurse to avoid a potential conflict of interest. Soooooo, I'd say she's most definately interested in you. You gotta let us know how your date went!

Keeping a positive attitude helps you heal and can make all the difference in the world. Just keep those good thoughts coming!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard