Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
BIG TUNA here...tomorrow will be my 20 year wedding anniversary....i made it for 19 years and 9 days as the D was last april 18...its been a brutal couple years but slowly im moving forward..im still in our house with our older son S17 full time and younger son S10 half-time...im paying the bills and keeping the house immaculate and moving forward but i must admit tomorrow(which is now 1 minute away) is going to be tough..im a big dates/numbers/memories guy so the 20 year mark will hit hard.....for those who know me and those who do not i need some advice...i was planning an email (btw- we re on very amicable terms_to a fault from my end) that had as a subject line 4/9/88..then in the body saying simply no matter what still one of the best 3 days of my life....nothing will ever change that....stupid?/sappy?/gay?/smart?/witty?..please advise as the TUNA is lamenting the day ahead.....god bless you all...BT

ME-47
WAW-42
S16
S8
bomb 5/5/06
separated 10/6/06
D 4/18/07
D
D
You can do this, but understand it is soleky for yourself. Do expect any response, reaction, etc. Odds are you will only feel worse when she does not respond or responds negatively.

S
S
Hey Tuna, tough events (anniversary). I agree with the only if its for you thing and if you are amicable right now, its probably safe.

I would title it different, dont be so specific on it. K.I.S.S. dude, Keep it simple stupid. In other words dont overthink it just do what you need to do.

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

F
fig Offline
F
Tuna

Right now it is about making decisions for you

so you do what makes you feel good, REGARDLESS of how she will respond

if you think it's good
if you think is's sappy

whatever you think is how you need to roll!!!

C
C
hey there, I remember you from back them, seeing some posts of you in Separated, sorry your sitch went to D.
As far as the email, I agree with the first post, send it as long as you dont' expect a response with the same sentiment as yours, if it is just for you.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
Hey BT, it's been a while. I really understand your feelings because I am like you, big on numbers and dates.

I'm going to agree with everyone else, if you do this, do it for yourself and don't expect anything in return. Also, focus on the positives, the good memories.

BTW, I'm still hanging tough 16 months since that fateful day.

If we really want to love, we must learn how to forgive. - Mother Theresa

Me-44
W-42
S-11/8/06, D-9/12/08
M-19 1/2 yrs
D13, D11
Bomb-10/06
O
O
Hey BT:

Lost track of you for a bit. Glad to see you're still hanging in there. My D was around the same time as yours. I've such a hard time dealing with the ugliness of it (on her part...I remained civil) that I haven't been able to bring myself to go through it again in my head in order to update my own thread!

I know about the anniversary thing. Mine was just the other day. Threw myself into my work and just scheduled myself so tight I didn't have time to think about it. It worked, but I suppose a therapist would say I wasn't dealing with my issues as much as running away from them. Still, it's hard to argue with success.

I see from the date on your post you haven't been around in several months. Hope you are doing well and, should you drop by again, please give us an update.

Peace and contentment to you.

K
K
BT
gay? LOL your funny ;\)

I agree w/ the others now its all about what makes YOU feel good about you and no more games or playin, not that you did but you know when we are DBing for our M its a little different. If its like you to remember a special day, then go for it!

Be Happy for this Moment,
This Moment is your Life

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard