Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
R
R
Sandi, I am happy to see you are back...now, if you could only work on that spamming problem of yours! ( joking)

I agree with the poster who said that the moderators are best served by concentrating on the Newcomers forum. It's an impossible task for the mods to know who's who and people are going to get hurt by all this deleting/banning action.

The posters who have been here a long time have entrenched problems ( I know because I was one of them). Some stick around because of the attachments they make here or a need to give back. The site has worked! Having different opinions is a good thing, and is along Dbing principles ( do a 180, do what works, etc). Sometimes you don't know until you try.

Those who are dealing with an MLC spouse have a very hard task; they are watching the person they love become emotionally out of control, and their family is being threatened. As in the case of severe addiction, the first thing that must be done, in my opinion, is to protect yourself and your children. Following the DBing guidelines and applying logic work best for yourself. My H keeps telling me the same thing when I ask him about the wacky things he said, the turmoil he caused, and the changes in his personality, and that is, that I am trying to apply logic and reason to craziness. Knowing that I seemed somewhat sane was a comfort to him deep in the mist of it all. It is a long process, and I am fortunate because I saved my sanity through being on this board (in SSM) and using Michele's resources. I also had the opportunity to learn about other types of material from various posters. Information is good. I hope this place can return to that kind of atmosphere.

Puppy, The MLC forum doesn't have the same kind of unity on SSM. I didn't know myself that we had unity on SSM until this whole thing happened because we were so opinionated with each other at times there. It's really a tribute to the board that there was so much diversity, yet everyone backed each other up, in the end.

Last edited by RealJourney; 03/02/08 01:57 PM.
B
B
Actually Journey,

There really is alot of unity with the MLC forum, most of us are pretty close, and supportive of one another.

Some of us have become friends off of the board also.

That is why this is so hard for all of us involved.

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
S
S
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
If everyone is so upset, why don't you just start your own forum, like everyone did on the SSM board? Google Groups is easy, and there's now over 60 members there. SSM is a virtual ghost town.

It seems to me from reading this thread, that you all care more about each other, and GET more from each other, than you do from the moderators and all the "Solution Journal" stuff. So why not just start your own forum, instead of decrying the censorship? The site belongs to MWD, and she can do as she pleases with it.

I think the answer to this is simple, those of us with issues about what is going on are not going to condemn Michelle for what has happened and we feel a sense of loyalty to these boards as they have helped us all through very tough times.

Starting a new forum is fine, do what you need to do, however there will be many behind us who come here that need people like Bworl, RCR, AmyC, etc... and it is our responsibility to be here for those future broken hearts. This isn't about anything more than making this place a safe haven for future residents, not about revolting and starting a new forum.

There's an old saying, dont let a few bad apples ruin the bunch....

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

B
B
Well said Ian.

I'm a fighter too. There's that as well, lol.

Bill

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon."
R
R
Yes, I do see that. I guess I was surprised to read that people called the moderators on each other, but I think it's just a few who do that.

A
AmyC Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Bump

A
AmyC Offline OP
OP Offline
A
The pile of crap at the top of top of the forums (and I do not mean the contents of the threads themselves) is expanding daily(especially in "separated"). I will take that as a slap in the face since it's now been happening in the forum where I primarily reside and this issue was my initial gripe two weeks ago.

We can roll from here.

The Solution Journals need to be in a forum of their own.

Sg and others haven't had a problem adding additional forums to the main list in the last couple of weeks. So why not add one for the journals themselves? Unless of course the stick is so far up a particular someone's butt that they no longer care that this website looks like a trainwreck and instead, just wants to "win"...

But hey, I'm just bitchin' right?

Or do I have a point?

I am pulling in new people that have never seen this website before.
We'll see what they have to say about the ease of navigation across this site as opposed to others.

There's a saying - it ain't pretty but it comes to mind - "Don't sh*t where you live".

Well Sg, if you plan on remaining here with us so be it but heed that advice and don't do it where WE live either. Clean up the freakin' mess you've made. That's my challenge to you and no, I don't mind standing alone and being banned for it.

This is leg two of our journey, Sg.

Buckle up.

****So far I have received 57 (You can now make that 62) emails from non-members of this site that say it is - and this isn't my word - a "clusterf*ck".

You heard it here first.

AmyC

C
C
Amy,

Why so staunch a stand over what seems like such a non issue?

Menu's change at our favorite restaurants, department stores constantly rearrange and even friends and family redecorate their abodes. We might not agree with it but is it really our place to disparage another over a personal choice in their house?

As far as other issues i've read about... different story!

I hope we remember what we came here for and understand not everyone will or should get along. I hope all can keep respect in mind (to and including mods) when interacting with others here and in daily lives!

I'm a thinkin if we were perfect we surely wouldn't be here?!

cire

Me 48
X's vary
S 27
S 18
Back with high school sweety after 30 years..
A
AmyC Offline OP
OP Offline
A

This is only a test, cire.

Don't panic.

R
R
I'm back.

I don't have time to post and read right now, but I want to thank everyone for your love and support.

There are a lot of things going on away from the board right now.

My brother's doctor's have said there is nothing more they can do. He is 29 and has leukemia. He has been given a few weeks or months. He lives across the ocean and...
I'm sorry, I had to stop to cry. ...I will likely never see him again. (I still have my other brother). Please keep my brother and his wife in your prayers.

Sweetheart's Mom spent a week in the hospital with Pneumonia. She didn't know where she was and who people were. They found a large mass behind her heart, but at that time were unable to do additional testing because she did not have the strength. Please keep Sweetheart's Mom and the family in your prayers.

My 89 year-old Grandma is doing the best. She is recovering from her fall where she fractured her pelvis in three places. She spent some time in a nursing home and is now home and my Mom is staying with her. I went home for a few days to help prepare for Gram's return home. The doctor's were amazed at her recovery--she credits 20+ years of water excercise class. In addition, I credit her positive attitude along with a lack of fear of death. She's a beautiful and inspirational woman. Please keep Gram in your prayers, and Gram is most concerned with one of my younger cousins having trouble handling Gram's recent series of injuries and eventual death--at 89 things can change as fast as an MLCer changes his mind. So please keep my cousin in your prayers; her father (my Uncle) died of Melanoma when she was only 11.

Sweetheart's mother's serious condition is exacerbating his depression. She spent her hospitilization at the hospital where the OW is employed--thus there has been greater OW contact.
I am praying.

Thank you all,
HUGS,
RCR

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard