Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
OP Offline
A
Ingrid - absolutely not sandals. I think they do nowmake a sandal because of people who got addicted to wearing them all year round. They have THICK shaped souls, and are expensive and very sturdy. I can really 'feel' my muscles, after walking in them.

I used to play a lot when I was a kid!!!

M
M
Hi Ingrid,

I love the nerd poles. I'm sure your kids teased you about this. Don't listen to them. LOL. The leg weights work wonders and can be worn to work, shopping, anywhere.

I haven't personally tried them yet, but they will do the same thing that the nerd poles do. They are on my list of 'must haves' in lieu of a new wardrobe for work. That is second on my list.

Mickey

T
tmi Offline
T
It was me doing the teasing actually - making fun of all the people I saw using them, before I tried them myself! The kids enjoy still calling them that - no biggie.

One huge benefit from either the poles or walking is the new strength in my back. I've had problems with it for years, but it feels much better now. Strenthening all the muscles around my spine has made a big difference.

A
OP Offline
A
Hi, there has been a lot of back and forth today about GALing - this was really wheyI started this thread to talk about that.

Today I had a good day, and I made it good. the weather helped. I tended my tiny garden, went for a walk, did some serious shopping - got to my advanced age, and have ONLY just bought Chanel nail polish and lipstick. Like that nerdy L'Oreal woman says 'I am worth it' DOn't you want to smack her though?

Life is what we make it peeps. yes, we will get set backs, yes our WAS will try and drag us down to their miserable level, and blame it all on us.

We aren't blameles, but all we can do is acknowledge and sort our own errors, love our friends and family, try and love our enemies [much harder, as Christ points out] and do good where we can. Not much really!

Hugs to all the good people on these boards.

A

Hi sweety, thank you for your loving mails ! xxxxxxxxxx

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
A
OP Offline
A
You are welcome. I am too awestruck to post to you on your thread. Cinders, you are a class act.

A

Not sure if I agree.......but this talk was way overdue and very needed. I have NO idea where to go from here. Tonight I will listen to God. I don't see H till Thursday. That is good.

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard