Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
A
Hey,

I feel old sometimes when I get up in the morning and I've been hanging around here for awhile, does that count????

ALL "Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
S
OP Offline
S
Yep! You (and your thong)are in ALL. How's it going?

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
K
kml Offline
K
Wait - that was FLOYD in the thong for all us old-timers!!!!

Ellie

kml #1320690 01/08/08 02:05 AM
H
H
Hi,
I'm old.
love,
Hope

Most of us really marry only once. First love endures, even unto our dying day. And we never really divorce.
W
W
Hey Spitty -

It's been a very long time - I'm still lurking on the boards a little! D finalized in April, I got a new job and ex lost his job on the same day in May, ex got a new job then I got laid off, ex announced his engagement to OW in November, and I just got a new job. Also sold our house and I bought a place of my own. Still haven't ventured out into the dating world yet - too busy trying to get my life in order!! Even with all of this I am much happier now and glad to be away from the ex's drama.

Happy New Year everyone!

WCB

God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, To change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference. - Reinhold Niebuhr
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Beth!

Thanks for checking in...I've wondered how you are. Sounds like you've had more than your share of employment drama. Hope it settles down for you for awhile. Congrats (?) on the D being final. Congrats(!)on your new place.

My EX remarried in November, I think. I believe he went off to the islands or Vegas or something. No one(i.e.kids, friends,co-workers) is talking. That's fine with me. I don't ask, they don't tell. Isn't that some kind of military policy? ;\)

Life is chugging along pretty sweetly for me. My New Guy and I get along great. It's weird. I wasn't looking for a relationship. Truly. It just kind of found me.

It was great hearing from you. Don't be a stranger.

Spitty

Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
Mark Twain
F
FA Offline
F
Hey Spitfire, how ya doin'......just checkin' in and sayin' I'm doing fine....my kids on the other hand....well.....they hate their mom and it is all her doing! ;\)

Man who walks with BIG stick!
Gee, when I saw the subject, I thought you were looking for OLD PEOPLE I just replied to Lucky's thread about those of us turning 50 this year.

I guess I count as an old-times since I barely even recognize any names here anymore. The orig. date I joined was 9/99, changed my name in 2000. Hard to believe I even come back here at all, very infrequent, but once in awhile.

Hey Friend, Pammie - how are you?

T
TC Offline
T
Let's see..I know I came to the DB B.B. in 1999, so I guess that makes me an oldtimer! I still lurk, but don't post much. My D was final in 2003. My ex has remarried , and lucky for me and our kids, she is a wonderful person who loves our kids and is a great influence on ex. I have been dating a great guy for over 2 years now. My twins are now 7 and in 2nd grade, and they make me laugh and smile each and every day. The older they get, the better this whole "mom thing" gets! I am totally over the anger and bitterness, mostly because my ex is being a good Dad and that's really all that matters now. I just wanted to say hello to all the great folks here who helped me SO MUCH and SO MANY TIMES, I can't even begin to count!
TC

M
M
I'll join the masses also.

D'd for 3+ years but still visit the boards, sharing where I can.

Steve

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard