Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
M
M
Hi David,

I have my thoughts about why, but I am just an armchair psychologist. Control comes to mind.

How are things going since your Baptism. I certainly appreciated the pictures. I hope the website helps you as much as it has me. Focus on what God has planned for you. I don't know what that is unless I ask Him.

Hi Lissie....can you believe he's wanting me to finance the whole thing. He says since I have my new job, that now I can support him in the manner that he is accustomed. Pimping. He's not the first man that has come after me for my money. LOL.

Love,
Mickey

T
OP Offline
T
As the 2 year mark passed since Valorie left, I found myself having an enthralling telephone conversation with a beautiful woman. We could have talked for hours.
Yes, one of those. They don't happen often. Before I knew it I was inviting her to the Cheesecake Factory for coffee and dessert, and in the blink of an eye she said yes.
She's a Christian girl, very bright, bubbly and alive. I sent Lissie a picture.
I'm not D'd, just waiting for the papers and a check.
This is uncharted territory for me, and I'm scared and elated at the same time.
Am I doing the right thing? I just read another story of a spouse who came back after the LBS finally had enough and met someone else.
I think I have a lot of prayer ahead of me...

David

The fires of true love can never be quenched, because the source of its flame is God Himself!
- Shulamith
Quote:
I just read another story of a spouse who came back after the LBS finally had enough and met someone else

Really ? Who ?

Anyway, I've been at it for nearly 2 years now too and I think I really understand that at some point we just want some love, romance and friendship back in our life....

take care xx

Love Cinders xxx

"In the depths of my winter, I realized there is within me an invincible summer" Albert Camus

http://miesblogspot.blogspot.com/
L
L
let me breathe.

you know i love you.

And yes the coffee lady is beautiful (whatever)

But you are not going to go to coffee with her,, and in the back of your mind think that maybe just maybe, this will wake up Valorie.

B/c cheescake babe, has no reason to be hurt in all of this

and before the debate starts

of how this is JUST coffee, and no one is getting married, and blah blah.

You are still vulnerable, she may be too.

And feelings do bite you in the ass when you least expect it.

Sooo, if you are going out with cheesecake babe, b/c you like her, that is fine

if you are going to use her as an experiment
then don't bother.

luv ya

Last edited by Lissie; 01/11/08 03:12 PM.

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
T
OP Offline
T
Cinders,

This is on the Midlife Chat room.

The person's name is not revealed.

David

The fires of true love can never be quenched, because the source of its flame is God Himself!
- Shulamith
T
OP Offline
T
Chica,

I am going out with CB because she seems utterly delightful! She's bright, bubbly, has a lot to say, and she's a NICE girl.
When I was a kid 'nice girl' said everything.
I see no one that Valorie knows and she is 400 miles away. Unless there's a spy following me around, which I severely doubt, she would have no way of knowing, and I'm not going to tell her. If I've done anything right in this, it's that I haven't played those kinds of games.
However, should I decide, that is WE(CB and I)decide to date, it's conceivable that someday we'd run into people that know Valorie and are in contact with her.
Right now, let's just think of cheesecake...no sexual innuendo intended.

David

- Shulamith
L
L
Quote:
If I've done anything right in this, it's that I haven't played those kinds of games.

that is why you are my favorite karate kid

CB HA HA

Live Simply
Love Generously
Care Deeply
Speak Kindly
Leave the rest to God
T
OP Offline
T
Well, CB called to postpone. This was hardly a surprise.
I was gracious in accepting her apology, but truth be known, I'm glad it happened. I believe God has blocked my paths, because I asked for this is prayer, and He found a 'way out' of this temptation.
Although CB asked for next Sunday, at this point I think I'll leave it alone.
I may change my mind 12 times between then and now, but this is how it is today.

David

- Shulamith
M
M
Hi David,

I do the same thing....change my mind 12 times. But that's ok..that's how we decide what we want. Me and an old friend of mine are considering going out. Nothing has been spoken yet but I know him well enough to know. I ran into him yesterday and got a warm hug and a tender kiss on the cheek. I could just tell. We would have a lot to consider. I'm sure he will think things through before he even brings it up. That is a good thing. This gives me a chance to think it thru before the subject comes up. And it needs to be prayfully considered too.

You are doing well David.

Hugs,
Mickey

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard