Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
W
W
Jack - you are so right and I will remember that quote. I remember H saying this to me....where were you when I needed you!?!?! But they do think that it is all about them.....

TFH- what happened to you is something that I worry about with my H. I am so sorry that this happened to you. But I do think that you handled yourself amazingly well. Good job. I just cried (quietly) when H confessed to breaking into my email. All I could think about was the very personal emails and thank you to my parents for caring for me and supporting me. I was crushed and devastated.

And, like you....I just don't understand. I didn't leave him, I didn't do anything that warranted him doing this.

It is the MLC monster...or at least that is what I tell myself to try and excuse it.

But it is hard to forget.

I'm proud of you, TFH. You did well with this.

Last edited by w8ing; 12/08/07 02:44 AM.

w8ing
w8ing #1288891 12/08/07 02:48 AM
T
OP Offline
T
W8ing,

\:\)

(((((((HUGS)))))))

It's another step on this journey.

You're the best.

It is hard, but so are we.

Watch for my new thread.

--------------
The Forlorn Hope:...A picked body of men detached to the front to begin the attack....Fortified, meaning strengthened to stand...and thus, positioned for victory
W
W
Read your email. I'm going crazy...I think!

w8ing
w8ing #1288945 12/08/07 03:57 AM
M
M
tfh, dude, you are doing well.

Me:56, W:51
D:26,S:24,S:22
Married:18
Bomb 9/27/06
Separated 11/27/06
Divorced 10/6/08
Leaving it up to God
T
OP Offline
T
LMAO, non-taken, in retrospect, I fully agree. I guess you remember that I was in sad shape when I got here. I pulled that name out of my past experience as the situation apppeared at that time. I suppose that the word "forlorn" usually has a somewhat different (whinier,) meaning now than it did when that phrase was coined. I'm glad to change it, like I did with AmyC's suggestion for my tag line. I think you'll like the new one better.

Quote:
When you look back at how you handled yourself, weeks, months or years, you'll see how well you did.

Thanks Jack. I was on thin ice there. I was angry, but for the most part I was able to keep ahead of it. That feels pretty dang good.

Quote:
when my wife said stuff like this, I would correct her, the manner of how is important, no yelling or crying, but a simple fact:
Quote:

"We both live with it.

Anything more and it becomes guilt, not fact.

I'm working this like a dog with a bone. It might take me a while, and I might have to come back to it.

My delivery would be the real problem. Like you point out, making sure that I don't contribute to guilt will be the key to this.

--------------
The Forlorn Hope:...A picked body of men detached to the front to begin the attack....Fortified, meaning strengthened to stand...and thus, positioned for victory
A
A
Why are jacking with your sig line again, man?

;\)

AmyC #1288998 12/08/07 05:42 AM
T
OP Offline
T
DOH! I was trying to change my name and sig line together, b/c my wife was snooping on my computer, but it got all screwed up.

When I went to change it back, it was gone. DOH!

Anywhoo, I'll be changing to a whole new name and sig line soon.

I did like the old one though.

I'll try to drop you a line later, your insight and timing for me were critical. \:\)

Thanks AmyC

(((((hugs))))))

--------------
H
H
TFH, how are you doing?

Most of us really marry only once. First love endures, even unto our dying day. And we never really divorce.
T
OP Offline
T
HF7, I'm doing ok, things seem surreally normal at home. I know that this is better for my long term, but it can be very hard to walk away from a convo about Christmas gifts when what I want to do is hug her. I'm always fighting to keep my expectations at zero, but when we interact this normally, it is pretty tough. I feel like I'm always waiting for Rod Serling's voice to start up with the Twilight Zone speech.

This is a tough time of year for all of us, and I am constantly reminded how much better I have it than so many others.

I made cookies with S6 on Saturday, and we had a BLAST, cooking and singing along with blues music. (I can't sing, but S6 doesn;t know that yet.) We brought them to church today, and shocked most of the ladies...You can COOK?

I even had a request for a recipe. \:D

Like I said, I'm always waiting to hear Rod Serlings voice....

--------------
J
J
I always hoped that an annoucer would step out and say, "Congratualtions! You managed to survive the new reality TV show and stand by your marriage, you just won 1 million dollars."
Then I would have beaten him to a pulp and the TV crew and the producers.

FH,

Tools button
Internet Options button
General Tab
Clear History button
Delete Cookies button

This should remove your browsing history.

You can also click on your favorites button
Click History
Right Mouse click on the day and delete all web activity for that day.

That should also clean up you tracks on the computer.

: )

If you are going to underestimate someone, you best start with yourself.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard