Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
A
A
Hi Rob, happy b-day. I know where I'll be watching Buckeye Football games this fall. Make sure to stock the fridge! \:\)

Hey, it looks like Ben isn't going to make Memphis. I know we both have room reservations. It's up to you, but if you want to share a room with me, one of us can cancel our reservation and we can split the cost. Let me know.

"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare."
-Mark Twain
Rob1231 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, let's do that if Ben is 100% sure.

I am coming back on Sunday - I think you are too? Just asking because my reservation does NOT include Sunday night...

Thread #10
22 year M, MLC, Piecing since 1/07
Goal: Live with confidence & enthusiasm!
Rob1231 Offline OP
OP Offline
I see we're discussing this on the Memphis thread too - let's keep it all in one place, over there...

Thread #10
I
I
hey Rob... wanted to say hello...

How was the concert yesterday? It was great meeting you. You are wonderful, caring and fun to be around. So glad to have met you and tipped some toasted almonds w/ you!

I matter.

Me 32
xH 33
D7, D5
BOMB 9/27/06
D final 4/3/08
Hey Rob--

Would you go give Sonor in Newbies some advice? He's in a real emotional tailspin and could use a man's approach/advice on how to DB well.

Hope you're doing well!

SD

Me: 40
H: 43
H had EA from 2/06-9/06
Bomb 5/06
Piecing since 9/2006
3/2008: Boundary setting
7/2009: Boundary crossing~dropped my own bomb.
8/2010: Marriage finally on track!
Rob1231 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everybody,

Just keeping y'all posted, nothing earth-shattering this week.

Had a fantastic time in Memphis. People who were there now know that I'm still a little bit on the shy side - something I'm continuing to work on as I GAL. \:\) It was terrific meeting everyone and cutting loose - thank you again, everybody who came and helped make a truly memorable weekend.

After I came home on Sunday, W, D15 and I went downtown to the D15's final concert with the honor band she has been participating in for the past 3 years. She is "graduating" from this - has an audition for the next-up (high school level) band tomorrow. As usual, the band absolutely blew me away - so proud of these amazing kids. We stayed to hear the older band, making for about 3 hours of concert. I confess I was nodding off during the second concert - must be something to do with only getting 3 hours of sleep that night. ;\)

On the way there and back, W and D15 pumped me for info about the weekend. I shared a lot, but often had to censor things a bit for my naive daughter's ears. She would insist she wanted to hear it, and then I would start to tell her a little about something done by MHS, or CM, or PukeBoy... well, she rapidly decided not to ask for THOSE details anymore! ;\)

This week has been a pretty good one. Feel like I'm destressing more and more now that grad school is over (the graduation ceremony is Sunday). Getting more energized about both my job and the music booster work than I have felt for a while. Very good stuff. The nice weather is helping my PMA too!

Only downside ATM is that I'm fighting off the Post-Memphis Cold that seems to be going around. Blah.

Thanks for following along. I really appreciate everyone who has helped me get to this point, and continues to show an interest...

Thread #10
J
J
Glad you've had to a good week and are feeling less stressed. Congratulations on being done with grad school and have a great graduation on Sunday!

Shoe really passed that cold around didn't she? ;\)

-JDK

My story | My story - part 6 <- last thread
Rob1231 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: JustDontKnow
Shoe really passed that cold around didn't she? ;\)
Who knew allergies were contagious? Ahhh, but it was worth it! ;\)

Thread #10
J
J
Hi Rob

Just to say congrats on the MBA and a very belated happy birthday.

Can I ask how you feel too? How does it feel to be piecing? Do you feel "there" or is it still a journey? Do any of the bad feelings still resurface from time to time? How do you deal with them? (sorry, it's the Spanish Inquisition!!) \:\)

Bomb (ILYBINILWY, don't want to be married)Sept05
Seperated Sept/Oct 05
Oct 06 - H recomitted
July 11 - I am now a WAW.
D
D
Hey Rob, congrats on the MBA too! Didn't know it was your birthday.

Well, call me if you get a chance...

Thanks

rainbowlove
--------------------
All is here and so much more is coming!

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard