Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
sage Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Ellie,

Charlotte's doing great -- 3 months old yesterday! She's sleeping on the bed next to me. I'm working from home (this week and last week) and next week I start back at the office -- sort of UGH! (though working from home has reminded me how much I like my job!).

h and I have had some challenges of late but we're doing ok with them. He's just so much more present than he ever was...so much more likely to say "hey, I'm worried about this". It's such a relief to have that! I DO need to get a grip on myself, though...I've been very frustrated at times with him and have fallen back on old bad habits!

We're going out on a date tonight -- to celebrate my 4-0 birthday which is tomorrow!!

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
N
N
FIRST AND FOREMOST : HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

then, Thanks again. As a matter of fact we are going golfing this afternoon and then out to dinner , hopefully time to talk. I have read LL, both of us are QT and physical touch. H leaves for a weekend trip tomorrow, I will do something for me (?) and do some more reading, maybe re-reading DR.
NR

Hi Sage,

I intended to post tomorrow but since you are celebrating today.

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you
and many more!!!!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
A
amd Offline
A
Happy birthday, Sage!

amd
For old times sake:

Good Morning Sage

Happy Birthday to you!!
Happy Birthday to you!!
And Many, Many More!!!!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
S
S
Happy Birthday!

A Liberal Allowance of Time
K
kml Offline
K
Happy, happy birthday!!!
Remember, 40 is the new 30!

Ellie

sage Offline OP
OP Offline
Goodness...how lame am I? I had to save my thread from the basement! Thanks for all the birthday wishes (note to self...it's been too long since I've posted).

Charlotte is 4.5 months now and is a gorgeous, sweet, absolutely delightful girl. I started back at work and it's actually gone quite well. I worked from home for 2 weeks which reminded me how much I like my job and then she started at the daycare next door to my office. I cried a jillion times the first week but I'm better about it now...Mondays are still hellishly hard because I get to spend all weekend with her and then I miss her too much! But, I get to see her at noon every day and they absolutely love her to pieces there which is great.

Things are settling down with h but it has been difficult to say the least...mostly just being horrendously tired plus starting back at work plus him studying for the bar plus looking for a job plus our infant baby! Just a few small things! The bar is next week, thank goodness, and he got a job he's really happy about and Charlotte is sort of settling into more of a routine so things are looking up. I did go through a phase where I understood how WAWs come about, quite frankly, but, well, we're doing much better now.

We still have some things to work out which I suppose will always be the case and every so often I think I'm actually going to figure out the time to post goals and check in every day, etc. Soon, maybe!

Oh, my girl just woke up and I think she'd like some attention! Later!

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
A
amd Offline
A
Sage, I was just thinking about you and wondering how things were going. It sounds like you're doing a great job of figuring out how to finding a new balance. I'll cross my fingers for your H's bar exam.

When you get a moment, would you check in on my thread and let you know what you think:amd's latest thread I'm very frustrated by all my H's MLC cycling behavior that's going on right now and would appreciate your insight.

You're right on that there will always be stuff to work on and goals to set, etc. Life rages on!

amd
Hi Sage!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

I remember going back to work at 6 weeks was really difficult. But now, she's 15 months old and she LOVES daycare. She learns best by watching other children. When she moved from "Creepers" into "Walkers", she wasn't able to walk yet, she was only pulling up. But in walkers, where she was the youngest, she got to see all her classmates running around. Within a couple of weeks, she was walking too!

We've been using Signing Times with her. Have you heard of it? It's a DVD series that teaches children to use American Sign Language. Moonlet (my nickname for my daughter) has been absolutely fascinated by Signing Times from the first time we popped the dvd in. The first dvd has the words, Eat, water, milk, mom, dad, car, baby, sleep and others. Moonlet can sign all of those and she's able to actually say "Ball", "Dada", "Mama", "Ba-Bo" (which is the best she can do for Bottle)and "Dog".

We started using Signing Times at 10 months, and within a month, Moonlet was signing eat and milk. This was the coolest thing ever, cause she was able to tell us when she was hungry and when she wanted to nurse!

Anyway, congratulations!

Hugs!

PIB
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard