Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#669075 03/12/06 04:25 AM
OP Offline
My W says we are divorced. There has not been anything done legally. I look at us as married and trying to work things out even though she has no desire.

When is a divorce a divorce?

#669076 03/13/06 05:24 PM
J
J
Quote:

When is a divorce a divorce?

All semantics. She's probably right; she's emotionally divorced from you, even if she's not legally divorced. But in the end, it's just a piece of paper that says you aren't married anymore. Your W can't see a future with you, but she can't see into the future so there is always a chance. I'm what you call legally divorced, but I live with my XW and we do everything that a married couple does, including love each other. She felt the same at one time, emotionally divorced, and went ahead and pushed through a legal divorce. Now she feels married. Go figure.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
Abraham Lincoln

It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
Theodore Roosevelt

#669077 03/15/06 05:59 PM
R
R
Hi Just Me,

My WAH also wants a legal D. He met someone online who he no longer sees.

We've done this before many years ago, then remarried. He says we don't take one another for granted so much when we are not married and "sure" of one another.

He's filed with a collaberative attorney, I will use a reg lawyer, so he'll have to find another atty.

We see one another and date. It takes a year of separation in our state. It's been 10 months. He's still looking for his souldmate. I have a bf.

As far as when are you divorced? It's all subjective. We are what we believe.

GALing and self-confidence are the keys.

Rere

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard