Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#506031 10/22/05 03:45 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I'm so excited and wanted to sure with others, that I'm going out tomarrow for the first time since being married with a large group of female friends... and its not a stagette. I've got a life again. And my loving husband is paying for the whole thing. He says I deserve it for all the hard work i've been doing. We're going to the bar, and crashing at a hotel across the street. I bought a bunch of new clothes (which wasn't fun considering I just had a baby 6 weeks ago) and they where a size smaller than what I wore before being pregnant.

So for all you out there that think life won't get any better.... it really does!!!!! With each passing day it gets better and easier.

Every girl needs a girls night out with all of her best friends.

I saved my marriage and so can you....Its all about positive thinking...
#506032 10/26/05 09:52 AM
N
N
The loosers are the people who believe you should have dumped your marriage. You choose in your mind what is a loss and gain for the long run.

We are happy for you. Got that hockey stick yet?

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

#506033 11/16/05 03:00 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Just wanted to give an update that things are still going great. My H has been working two hours from home, so I pack the kids up and go and visit. One weekend I even left the kids with my parents, and drove to see him. I spent a few hours on my hair, had a new outfit on and new matching bra and panties . Well he barely got in the door before he was jumping me. I felt like I was the one cheating on my life.

Last weekend H and I went hunting...(if you can call it that... we drive looking for deer, and when one is spoted, H won't shoot it b/c its too small) It was one of the best times ever. We spent most of the day just driving around. from 6am till 6pm, we have just each other to talk to. We talked about everything. It was the best quality time in a long time. I learnt a few new things about him.

We never took a honeymoon b/c money was short at the time, and then the kids came. Well last week H asked if I would like to go to Costa Rica for a honeymoon. I cried... what can I say. Travling has never been an interest for my H. So its a positve step for him.

Its hard sometimes reconizing the bad habits, but H is supportive in telling me what we need to work on, as I do for him. I still don't trust him, but I try to believe him when he tells me things. I have a wall around my heart, and it will take awhile for it to go away, but it will one day I'm sure.

I pray that things work out for others as it has for me. I hope everyone finds a soul mate like I have.

#506034 11/16/05 12:16 PM
O
O
Pipeliner,

I'm so glad to hear things are still going well. And congratulations on the upcoming honeymoon! H and I didn't have one either, and like your H, mine doesn't like to travel too much. So, one day, I'm hoping to get a belated honeymoon somewhere away from it all too.

I'll be driving down to see H while he's on vacation at his parents this Sunday. We have both talked about how excited we are to see each other. But, a part of me hates the fact that I have to show up and see my estranged H for the first time in 6 months infront of family. I hope they don't come out and greet my like they usually do when I visit the in laws (they are great people that way). I hope they just let H come out first and don't sit at the windows and watch. I'm sure they will respect our awkwardness, but I'm just nervous as H*LL about this! I do know that this must be such a special Thanksgiving for my MIL who is so into "all the trimmings" and will have her son home for the holidays for the first time in 3 or 4 years AND her son's family, which she nearly lost (well, she wouldn't have LOST us, but you know what I mean).

Any way, hope all is going well for the little kiddies. Is your D adjusting to the new baby?

My Latest Thread
#506035 12/08/05 07:33 PM
P
P
PLW,

I read your thread ages ago, and am so happy that you've found success! Congratulations on your baby, too. I know that you've been posting on LisaC's thread and you seem to have very sage advice. Would you mind popping by mine if you have time?

Thanks so much,
Nicola

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about creating yourself
My thread: Trusting God's Plan
#506036 12/08/05 09:06 PM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Nicola for stopping by.

Things continue to go well for my H and I. Don't get me wrong, we do have some ups and downs. I tend to question myself why it was that I wanted to save this marriage so bad, but then I recall the old marriage we had and see how wonderful our new marriage is. We're finally going on our honeymoon. We leave Apr 10 for an Exotic 8 day western cruise. I'm really excited. Now if only I could drop the last 20 pounds that has sneaked up on me since having kids.... I've joined a kickboxing class and am trying to make exercise and diet my main focus these days. I really wish I was on of those ladies that had her weight melt off over night. Patients I know.

Christmas is coming fast. I'm not sure what to get my H. I think for valentines I'm going to get him a personal coupon book, but for xmas I have no idea. Any guys out there that want to help me out with some ideas?

#506037 12/09/05 04:20 AM
L
L
checking in on your thread, sounds like things are going great with you. You are ny inspiration. I am gonna win back my H from the ow and we are gonna have a M better than before. have fun planning that honeymoon sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!

#506038 12/09/05 05:01 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for checking me out Lisa. I know you're going to win your H back. It hard work, but you can do it. Just keep being positive and things will continue to look up.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard