Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#492061 06/13/05 11:29 AM
mooka Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all....

It has been several months since I've posted....but wanted to let you all know that it has been just over a year since H and I have come back together.

Last summer went slowly....he moved back in officially in August. We took a nice trip together in Sept. Have had a few moments of angry outbursts....but mostly we wre "working" together on our R. I am one happy person....and know I've been blessed ten-fold.

To all of you struggling....if you feel that you once had the real connection with your S, and want it back.....than be PATIENT....DB your head off.....and PERSERVERE! Take good care of YOURSELF....face your own issues, strengthen yourself....have faith. Read, and re-read DR....and other references many have passed on. Show your S you will be fine with or without them. Cuz you will!

This year has been work too, not all bliss....but what a change that has occurred since 2 years ago, when all this hit the fan. I have been truly blessed.

Wishing all of you similiar blessings....keep on track and take good care of YOU!

Mooka

L
L
Thanks for checking in with your update - I was wondering about you just recently, along with a whole lot of other old(ish) timers.

Glad you have good news to report!

Livnlearn

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
Oh Mooka,
I am at a very different crossroads. Divorced, now getting ready to sell our "dream home." H has bought his own home and is living there with OW now. I never thought my life would turn out this way.

I am so very happy for you.

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
Hi mooka!

We've all missed you, but I'm glad you've been away due to things being good for you! This piecing stuff can sure keep you busy, can't it?!

So glad that things are going well for you, my friend! Keep up the great work, and way to go on your "perseverance"!!

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
T
T
Thanks, I'm plum shot and good news helps motivate me. But tell me did you just argue or did you go the whole 9 yards and divorce and reconcile?

“I’ve learned what I know from defeats.”

Bobby Jones
S
S

Hi there my b-day buddy

Its so good to hear that hanging in there can be very worthwhile. It feels wonderful to hear the happy note in your post.

Slowly

A Liberal Allowance of Time
N
N
Perseverance is more valued than smarts in DBing and most other places. Outstanding. We are happy for you and it's good to see a lesson learned that turns out positive.

"All I want is a weeks pay for a day's work"
Steve Martin

mooka Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow...

How great to hear back from you "ol-timers..." you who all hung in there with me, encouraged me when I was struggling and shared of yourselves. I've missed you too!

Will try to catch up with some of your posts, too.

Briefly, for those who don't know my history:

May 03....my suspicions were prover with OW! I
Summer 03, found DR, started counseling, H and I lived together at home with our college-aged kids...tons of tension. H is depression....and MLC, IMHO.
Fall 03....we just lived together, not any connection.
Made it through the holidays, then
March 04 H moved out into an apt. Tough stuff....I was trying so hard to DB all the while....and had a great councelor from Michele's clinic. Worth the 1 hr drive each way....also had phone consults with her.
May 04....H started coming around...on Sundays...to do laundry??? Kept on doing the DBin thing and was really working on ME....spiritually, mentally, physically working out a ton....and getting more into my job/career.

End of May 04...H invited me to the apt for the week-end....treated me like his date....slowly starting pursuing....Then asked to move back in unofficially in June....by Aug 04, he completely moved back in, out of apt. We travelled in Sept, for 2 wks....really reconnected. Since then, continuous hard work, mostly communicating and not taking each other for granted.
Just returned from a wonderful....cruise with him....almost like a 2nd honeymoon.

I am one happy person....and owe it all to God, Michele/Joanne, reading DR several times, and my comrads here on the web.

Continue to take one day at a time, being thankful and knowing I can only control my behavior. I have learned a ton the past 2 years.

I fwomeone wants more info, they could connect my threads...still am not too good at that!

Take care my friends....

Mooka

HI mooka,

I rejoice at your news! It is the same for me and about the same time frame. Excellent. My sitch is like night and day compared to 2 years ago too.

~Cindy

^^

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard