Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
#488813 07/12/05 05:08 AM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ah, Will, I haven't had a good gopher dance in I don't know HOW long!!!!!!!
Sure brings back the memories

As for my little computer problem - the guys on the Geeks to Go website walked me through it, and even though it took HOURS - I finally cleaned up H's computer - WAHOO!!!!!

Ellie

#488814 07/12/05 04:01 PM
Hi Ellie,

It was nice hearing from you.

FLoyd
The grass is always GREENER over the septic tank.
#488815 07/12/05 06:15 PM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
OMG, Floyd and Will both visiting me - I'm so excited!!!
Let the party begin!

Love you guys.

Ellie

#488816 07/12/05 09:01 PM
They let Floyd out for good behaviour... He also promised he would no longer shave the "thong" area...

Last edited by WillWin; 07/12/05 09:05 PM.

WW "I no longer WILL WIN since I HAVE WON!!"
#488817 07/14/05 01:31 AM
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
S18 got his dorm assignment today! His last choice (the only all-male hall) but it has plenty of redeeming features. A classic old building (that looks a little bit like Harry Potter - so we're going to call it Gryffindor). A lot of tradition that the newer dorms don't have (has it's own drinking song, long history of pranks) - things that are rare in California public schools, as they are mostly pretty new. It shares a dining hall with the dorm his pretty engineering friend is in. And since it only houses around 200 students, they will probably get to know each other well. Also has a unique quad-room setup (central double with tiny singles off each side) that will suit him well, I think. He's excited

Ellie

K
K
Way cool, Ellie!

That's such a fun time of excitement, starting college. He has a whole world opening up before him.

Hey, so do you, don't you? My old supervisor used to say that college was four years because houses have four walls, and you sell one back to the bank each year. So you have a clear view where that first wall used to be, eh?

TYTL,

K

My sitch
More importantly, Light A Million Candles
L
L
kml,

I have been lurking since last Sept. or Oct. I can't believe how time has flown. I'm so happy for your son. I'm sure you feel a ton of pride with all of his accomplishments. I hope all goes well for him.

Sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope it gets better soon. Sometimes it takes a while to get rid of a summer cold.

Have you heard fom GBO and Maya lately? How are they doing? I miss them posting. I feel like I lost friends even though I never replied to them much. I just sat back, read, and prayed for all of you guys.

Sorry to hear of the recent problems with your younger children. I just don't know what's going on with kids these days. You do your best for them and they still test our patience. Hope that gets better for you.

farmgirl

J
J
Ellie, I don't know how I missed your last post, but here's a late WOO-HOO!!! So exciting. I remember so well my dorm days at school and they were SO happy. Ah, if I had it all to do over again... on second thought, never mind.

Anyway, just popping in to say YAY! S18 and may he excel and thrill at every new experience college throws his way.

J

shameless plug for my NEWEST thread
F
F
Hey Ellie,

Just read that your S is going to Cal! Go Bears! (Class of 91).

I partied at that very dorm my freshman year - I recall a luau theme and a hot coed (biology major) in a grass skirt.... but I digress.

The campus is gorgeous, the setting amazingly stimulating, the level of intellect among peers is astounding, and the football team is so much better (Go Cal! Beat Stanford!). IMHO, there's no better public university in the world.

Way back in the day, his dorm was considered to be a nice combo of great setting and slightly more conservativism than others (it wasn't coed when I was on campus). Of course, that's all relative at Berkeley! It has great access to the hills behind campus if he gets into running or cycling. Outdoors always helped me to not get too squirrely in that urban setting.

One suggestion for family visits - Zachary's Pizza. Yumm!

By the way, you have a very nice way of keeping an eye on the big picture (e.g., trends of H's mood) in your sitch. I hope you two can carve out the time/space to celebrate your Anniversary.

Gabriel

God heals the broken-hearted (Psalm 147:3)

Me: 44
W: 40
Separated 8/2011

S12
SD14
SS12
SD10
K
kml Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Go Bears!!!!
Yes, S is thrilled to be going to Cal, I really can't imagine a better place for him - what a lucky boy. And since his nickname has always been Bear, what better place for him to emd up?

He just went up for a weekend orientation, got the email addresses of some more brilliant and beautiful girls and is even more pumped up about going there.

Ellie

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard