Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yo all... some butthead gave me a call tonight and I started lurking because of that call. The guilty party shall remain nameless... but y'all probably know who that BIG mouth is

Beth,

Quote:

If I am here 2+ years after my divorce, just put a gun to my head. I figure that my friends from here will always be my friends and we will e-mial and keep in touch.

Boocoo is a favorite word of mine. It sounds so much like poopoo and doodoo, which I will fanatically avoid for the rest of my life. Not that my life is sterile or terribly clean but hey... I need the Hanz and Franz attitude... "we want to pump you up." And I realize I sound like a raving lunatic here, so just pass that bottle of wine here like ya did the night we were in the hotel room with Blair...
cause if I have to remain in the basement with the boocoo poopoo doodoo dealing with that stench, I need to get loaded!

BM: since when in the hell were you shy? Remember that the next time you and a special someone call me when I'm likkered up and shout butthead in my kids' ears lol.

Robbie,

Quote:

I have the dubious distinction of paying the fines on 45 22350-VC's over the years (speeding tickets).

Uh, yeah, maybe I can top that. I have a little momento from the OSP still in my glove compartment. Got busted cruising in right over the Indiana state line about two years ago. Was doing 87 in a construction zone. Cop pulled me over, saw me laughing my arse off at my daughter, asked what we were doing. Told him I was on my way home from Ball State. He saw the "tender" mom and daughter moment and literally let me go--all I got was a warning. Ya think it might have been the way I batted my eyes at him? Unfortunately, I also have the dubious distinction of knowing a traffic court judge personally around here

Well, guys... I'm off to nurse a sunburn from too much pool time today. It's 95, sunny, and great in Ohio... y'all come back now, ya hear? At least hit my email. It's hit or miss whether I'm gonna be around here. I need to keep pumped up, and it's too hard getting pulled back into some of this stuff any longer.

Don't drool over self-employment-->I ain't makin' much yet and this is exhausting.

So, Leenie, Gigi, Rob, Butthead, et.al., when and where is the friggin party?

#482347 06/09/05 05:24 PM
R2 Offline
Hi Cissy

Yeah...you're right in downtown Lurkerville. Hopefully, a place where all is calm and rosy

Leenie must have been on vacation, didn't see her here for 3 months. For some, not being here much anymore is actually a good sign, don't ya think?

Rob

R2 Offline
Keyz,

Ya have me beat....I couldn't get away with batting my eyes at a cop and get a warning.....LOL.....they'd lock me up and toss the keys.

Does anyone know if there actually has been a California DB party, of any note, ever?

But it can be just a party anyway!

We may be able to travel next year, but for this year we're kinda stuck here....which in itself is also a good thing.

I'm really glad that much of life is continuing to improve for many of us.

Rob

Hey Blue,

Which daughter graduated? Was it PennState girl?

I know that with starting your own business you must be bookin'. I would bet that it's a little scary and a little exciting at the sametime.

I wish you the best of luck. If anyone can make it work you can!

Love,
Bethie

#482350 06/10/05 02:59 AM
Quote:

Leenie must have been on vacation, didn't see her here for 3 months. For some, not being here much anymore is actually a good sign, don't ya think?

Rob,

I think it is a good sign for a lot of people. It means that they've moved on and no longer feel the need for this board (or at least not as much). I think I fit into that category although I still feel the need for the amazing friendships I've made here. You, Gigi, Cis, Keyz....to only name a few.

As for the three month vacation, yeah, right! In reality I've been dealing with my mom's cancer which was diagnosed as terminal. As hard as it's been, it's times like these that bring families closer together and when friends mean so much.

Anyways I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate every single friend I've ever made on this board because you've all enriched my life in one way or another.

Okay, enough seriousness for now....Keyz, like I told you before....this fall or next spring/summer would probably be best for me for a get together....and we should really try to make this an annual or biannual thing. I miss you guys.

Take care,

Leenie
#482351 06/13/05 08:44 PM
R2 Offline
((((((Leenie))))))

My apologies for presuming. I hope that your mom isn't in too much discomfort.

Yes, you do fit into the category of having moved forward, past most of the turmoil. I feel badly for those who still haven't....some of whom have been here a lot longer than we have. There is no clear line or distinction that separates the before and after sides of these things, but it seems that a person knows when they have made the transition.

Same here, each person encountered here has in some way enriched our lives for us. A few in a rather large way.

Keyz, duck those twisters now, will ya? I miss all of you, too.

Rob

P.S. 25 months and 2000 posts, as of this moment. Really is time to get goin'.

#482352 06/14/05 01:08 AM
Rob,

There is no need to apologize at all. How could you have known about my Mom until I told you?

And just to set the record straight, I am one of the lucky ones who have moved on and am doing ok....as I said with the help and support of friends.

As for my Mom, thankfully she wasn't in a lot of discomfort while she was ill.....but she passed away early Saturday morning. I was lucky in that I had the chance to say my final goodbyes to her and I was with her at the end. It is at times like these that you realize just how many friends you really have. I am blessed to have had my Mom for as long as I did and to realize just how many people's lives she touched. She was my best friend and I will love her and miss her always.

Keyz, I apologize for taking over your thread. I hope you don't mind but I did want to let Rob know.

Take care,

Leenie
#482353 06/15/05 03:46 AM
You, you got "likkered up" and called someone "Butthead?"

I am sooooooooooooooo shocked! NOT!!!!!!!!

B2K

#482354 06/20/05 09:02 PM
3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Leenie,

This is the first time I've had to check the boards in I don't know how long. Hijack away! I'm so sorry about your mom. (((((hugs))))) I know how hard it is to lose a parent. Lost my dad 20 years ago and there are times I still miss him.

We'll keep in touch to organize something. I miss you guys myself. What a fun bunch...everyone should be so lucky as to have folks like you guys in their lives.

B2K, what's to be shocked about? Hee hee... lmao!

Life is getting better by the moment. Just sold a good piece of work. Spent my weekend out of town and met some great people and had a blast. Met someone very interesting...y'all keep up the good vibes for me on that department. I suck at relationships I think...

But for now, life is good. I'm working hard to destroy all of the remaining garbage in my life... learned reactions to situations, over analysis of what is happening, and learning to trust in my instincts and gut again.

Dragonboy who?

3K451 Offline OP
OP Offline
Beth,

Realized I never answered your question.

It was my youngest daughter who graduated from high school.

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drop me a line or a call some day, will ya? I don't keep up with this board a whole lot any more. I think I lost your phone number!

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard