Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
H
OP Offline
H
It did come together Queenie, and I didn't even plan it. It just happened. I think that's the key. Things just happen.

I went into work this morning and found a reminder that I need to take a course in Vegas in September.

So I went into my boss' office and said to him - how much will the company pay for?

He told me" air fare, meals, and room & board. An offer I couldn't refuse.

So now I'm planning a Vegas trip, expenses paid - and my sister wants to come, NG wants to come... How good is this?

I remember a time when all I ever did was work. At work, at home, all week long. It's all I ever did. And I was pissed about it. I'm actually having some fun, loving my boys, taking care of them, but still making plans to have some fun in my life.

I feel so blessed right now. I'm so content for the first time in years. I have a guy who loves me and that I love back. I don't feel pressured or unloved, or unwanted. I have my family who also loves me and always will.

I wonder how we get so defeated by our exes that we allow them to take all of our self-worth away.

I guess this is the vacation talking, but everyone should try it away from their exes. It works wonders.

Hey Girlfriend,

So glad that you're back but even happier that you had such a great time! Going back to our roots can be such a stabilizing force after going through all of this craziness!

So your husband mowed your lawn. Why the heck did he do that? He hasn't done anything to help you out in a long time, right? Oh poor poor thing, he must be feeling bad about something!

The story about your son and the crush on the girl was so cute. I bet it was fun to watch him react.

Just wanted you to know that you were missed!

Love,
Bethie (bummer that the Indians lost both games!)

C
C
Take me, take me! I so pick the wrong career. I never get an all expenses paid trip.
Quote:

What a difference two years made

You are so right! This emotional rollercoaster has been wild but now it's almost over and I can't wait to get off.

I glad you had a great time on your trip. Have fun in Vegas!
Cheryl

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none. Shakespeare
HappyGirl,

Tell Cheryl how unattractive she looks when she begs like that!

I have never been to Vegas, but have always wanted to go. I don't think I'll ever be able to afford it (see Cheryl, that's how it's done).

HAPPY have a wonderful time. It sure sounds like you will.

Love,
Bethie

H
OP Offline
H
You guys can come - but I'm not paying for it. If I did, my trip wouldn't be expeses paid, now would it? If I had to pay, I wouldn't be going cause another vacation isn't in my budget for this year. I'd have to skip Christmas.

I'll just tell the boys there's no Christmas because Cheryl and Bethie wanted me to take them to Vegas. I'm sure the boys would take THAT well.

I will have a great time. Thanks guys.

HT,

I'm so glad your going to Vegas, I went last year and had a blast, but I'm so bummed you won't be able to go to the Tampa party.

I'm still hoping to go..........but won't really know until October. Hopefully you can make it next year.

I feel strong again, I'm going to continue to fight for what I think is right..................sure hope someday I can celebrate. This divorce stuff just sucks!!!

#475136 07/27/05 12:23 AM
H
OP Offline
H
I have a question for those of us in surviving.

My question is this:

How long should a person be allowed to get away with harming others, being selfish, destroying their spouse's sense of worth, making their children feel abandoned, lying, cheating, stealing, living with bimbos, taking from their families to give to the aforementioned bimbos, etc, etc, etc - ALL because their going through a so-called Mid-Life Crisis?

I don't know about anyone else, but I've come to the conclusion that the Mid-Life Crisis crap that extends for years and years is being milked so these people can get away with just about anything.

Be careful what you say, think, want - he's going through a MLC. Don't say anything when he treats you like crap, he's going through a MLC. Be loving to him even if he takes everything away from you, he's going through a MLC. What a bunch of bull!

Should a mid life crisis last forever? I know that my H went through one, but after a certain period of time, he began using it to his benefit. I can see a temporary period of insanity, but when it becomes their normal behavior, I don't buy that. By that time, they've turned into the worm they WANT TO BE. It has nothing to do with an MLC, they like what they've become and they want to stay that way.

I think MLC's are a way for people to return to their teens - the selfish ME ME ME years. But even teens grow out of that eventually, or they should. So why shouldn't adults grow out of MLC's?

I just wanted to get that off my chest.

#475137 07/27/05 12:31 AM
Thank you very much. You expressed my sentiments exactly!!! My opinion: Murderer's know that it's wrong to kill someone, child molester's know it wrong, and these idiots also know what they're doing isn't right. Why do we make excuses for them. MLC, my a$$!!!! People still "choose" to do the things they do. If it's a tough decision, get help!!!! Crapola!!!! It's just an excuse to justify hurting, cheating, lieing, stealing, whoring, etc.!!!

OK, I feel better now. How about you?

#475138 07/27/05 12:48 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Queenie,

For a while there, I thought it was just me who thought that way. I know that it's my job to make my boys take responsibility for their actions. I don't allow them to get away with doing the wrong thing. Their dad expects them to do the right things too. So if he expects it from them, shouldn't he expect it from himself?

Plus, if these guys didn't think what they did was wrong, why did they hide it for as long as they possibly could? Why, when confronted, did they turn it all on us instead of facing up to what they did?

I'm beginning to think there may not really be MLC's, just weak people using that as an excuse to do whatever they want.

Hell, I know life gets hard sometimes. Going to work every day and taking care of your family and dealing with all the stress. But my God, to chuck it all and go crazy shouldn't be downplayed because some psychological genius gave it a term one day. It should be called what it is. If people didn't get away with bad behavior, they'd tend to stop it more often. That's what we do with our kids. We teach them to stop doing wrong things. We tell them it's wrong. We ask them to stop it. And if they don't we punish them.

#475139 07/27/05 09:44 AM
P
P
Happy Girl
Good Morning
I decided to check on a few people on the board this morning and saw your post.
Girl you definetly called it (MLC) like it is
Just an excuse for the Walk-Away to do the naughty and be allowed to get away with in the eyes of todays society.
You really need to post what you had to say on the MLC forum.
Glad to see you enjoyed your vacation.
Take Care of yourself
God Bless

[color:"red"][b]Pam[b][/color]
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard