Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#452708 03/30/05 08:08 PM
OP Offline
I haven't written on here for over a year cos i thought i was doing A-OK! Divorce was final at the end of 2004 and i have a new life with a new career, home, friends, blah, blah, blah. Even had a few flings just for a bit of fun...

But lately i have become so depressed again. I dont want my ex back but i feel so empty. After he walked out i felt like my life had no meaning anymore and there was no point to anything. Then i rebuilt my life and was feeling really positive for ages. But now.....

Is this normal? I feel like i'm going insane all over again. How long does this sense of grief last? And why has it suddenly returned now?????

Any advice would be really helpful. How do i get past this depression and start feeling contented again?

#452709 03/30/05 08:42 PM
H
H
I'm dealing with similar issues. I was on this site 3-4 years ago, but ended up divorced anyway. Had a post divorce relationship with another user from here, which ended 18 months ago. Since then I've been on my own, no dating and no desire to date.

If I ignore those things and the loss of my mom, my life has actually been pretty great. 2 promotions and raises, new place to live, health is better, 2 puppies who make me laugh. Life is great!

But it isn't. This last 18 months has been the only time in my life where I was able to make all of the decisions without worrying about anyone else. No parents, no military, no wife/girlfriend and I never had children. It's me and the puppies, and as long as I feed and walk them they're OK with anything I do. It's not that I have no ability to make decisions, but rather that I don't know what to choose. I'm stuck.

Could it be that you worked so hard to get out from under the black cloud, that your life felt like it had purpose and now that you're free, you're not sure what to do next?

#452710 03/30/05 08:48 PM
Hi Errolie, sorry to see you are going through a bad patch. I do not know your history but would say that the swings of up and down go on for quite a while. It is early days yet if you are only a few months D.
Maybe you can find the trigger for this down turn?
Have you been unwell, overtired and run down after the winter months?
Anything happened at work or with the family maybe you heard from x directly or indirectly?
Could be anyone of these things, maybe you felt safe with how you were progressing emotionally and forgot to take care of you.
If you feel its bad enough maybe you need to see your Dr.
Sorry can,t be more help but just wanted you to know someone read your post.
Take care.

#452711 03/30/05 10:46 PM
Hi,
I don't think what you're feeling is unusual. Naej did have a good idea regarding seeing your doctor. You may just need a mild antidepressant if there's really nothing going on that should be bothering you.

I think to some degree, we all have down times. Basically, even a bad habit is hard to break. I was just thinking over the weekend while watching basketball....geeze, I wish my XH, D and I could all watch this as a family. It was one of the fun things we did every year during the finals. That doesn't mean I'd want him back....ever!!!! It was just a fond memory.

Hopefully this will pass for you soon.

Jill

#452712 04/01/05 07:29 PM
dfb Offline
Errolie - I am very sorry you are feeling down. Just a question...have you tried volunteering at something important to you? Doing so really gave my life a lot more meaning.

You may even find someone there eventually, who has the same values and such as you.

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard