Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
MAL Offline
I'm glad your kids are okay. I always worried about mine. Thankfully S22 was already 16 when it all happened, and he was pretty grounded. S14 though, he was only 8, and he has grown up in a crappy environment. Not that I'm a bad mom, but I know I wasn't the best for awhile. And now, I may not be the best either, but I try.

I just notice that he's different from other kids sometimes. Part of that is rejection, the moves, losing friends, no friends in the neighborhood, etc...lots of stuff. So I worry about him sometimes. I hope he turns out okay.

But so far no drugs, pregnancies, jail, etc....with either one. And S14 always does well with behavior and such in school, earning awards, etc...So I guess that's a good sign? I hope. I still worry though.

So I just keep him busy with karate, piano, community service, clubs, and traveling. Now we're trying to get him into the academy. I think it will be good for him.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
MAL Offline
So you and W never talk about what happened? Hmmm.....I know you avoid the issue. You have that "avoidance" thing about you(said with love of course).

But does it ever scare you? I mean, do you ever worry that it might come up again? I always find that when things are unresolved, they eventually come back to haunt me at some point. I was just wondering how you handle it. I know guys are different...just wondering.

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
This is surviving. There is no such thing as a normal life, there's just life. So get on with it and enjoy it!
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
A list? You bet and I'm sure it's longer than yours. I'm a disabled Vet and have a fairly extensive list what's broke. I'll tell you about my recent experiences with the VA sometime...it's quite humorous.

jstx
MAL Offline
Disabled? I guess I haven't heard this story yet. And I would love to hear about the VA experience. Those stories are always interesting.

I would like to say I'm sorry that your list is longer than mine, but I'd be lying. If I have to go down, I'll be in good company! \:\)

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
jstx Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmmm, I'm posting on your thread and you are posting on mine. Yep. I was rated at 30% and, after taxes, that amounts to about $100 extra a month (oh boy!). I keep reminding myself that it was fun while I was doing it...

jstx
MAL Offline
Originally Posted By: jstx
Hmmm, I'm posting on your thread and you are posting on mine.
LOL. Almost like old times. Man, I had fun on those nights when we were all on here talking to each other. I'm glad I found all of you. It helped me get through the toughest times.

Thanks for being there and sticking it out with me. You're still a good friend.

Anyway, I know I'm older now, but I can still keep up with you.

$100 a month...sounds like enough to spoil that grandchild, if you ask me.

I do hope you're okay though??

Me 47
Ex H 46
Bomb 9/02
D final 3/04
Ex H now married to OW

------------
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard