Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Not my brightest move tonight. I started going through pictures rather than just unboxing them to get the boxes out of the hall.

Bridal Shower pictures, our house on PK before we got posession, wedding pictures, our first fall party at PK.

Lots and lots of what were fun times to me.

Now at times I wonder if D ever really loved me when he married me.

Did he always wish it was J and thought she was lost to him when she dumped him rather than leave her husband.

Looking at it they both took a second chance to make it work this time. When my mom was down last weekend she said they must have meant a lot to one another to have had the affair and then both be willing to go through a divorce to be together.

Still leaves me wondering if I was ever loved by him or it was all just that he never tells the truth if he thinks it might cause conflict.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
I actually did get done with the pity party, got the pictures put away! Then preceeded to get a bit more work done on the house.

I still don't really have my menu planned. This is definitely going to be a wing it sort of day!

Hope it goes well. Thinking positive thoughts so far.

Pam

K
kml Offline
K
I have a great, easy curried pumpkin soup recipe if you want it! )

4 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 medium onion, chopped finely
2 cups pumpkin puree (from a can – do NOT buy pumpkin pie filling by mistake – just plain pumpkin puree)
4 cups chicken stock
1/3 teaspoon curry powder (or ˝ tsp. if you like things spicy)
dash of nutmeg
2 cups light cream or half and half

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add the onion. Saute for approx. 5 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the pumpkin puree and stock, and whisk to mix. Add the curry powder and nutmeg. Simmer on low for 20 minutes. Taste the soup for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if desired. At this point, if you are making this ahead of time, cool, cover and refrigerate.
On Thanksgiving Day – heat over medium-low heat. Once soup is warm, gradually stir in the light cream, then serve.

Always a crowd pleaser, esp. served with some really good bread or rolls. Super-easy to make.

Ellie

psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Ellie,

That sounds great! I will try it but I just got home from the grocery and definitely don't want to go back so not for today.

But it sounds like it is within my capabilities. Thank you!!!

That is one of my new rather loose goals is to do more cooking and learn to cook more in the next year.

Pam

Pam -- How did the party go???

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Ms. Sage,

I think the party went ok. I don't really have the good feeling about it that I used to have after the parties at PK.

Maybe just because didn't have mom, dad and D there during clean up, which is when we always discussed how we thought the parties went.

I had people there that had never met each other before and it didn't go badly, but mom and dad just excell at mixing people. I used to watch them sometimes at our parties when I was doing other stuff and they always impressed me.

I missed the two of them a lot yesterday.

Pam

Hey Pam,

OMG, I can't believe that you went to see the "A Tuna Christmas"! I saw that last year on the local showboat. I wasn't sure if it was PC to laugh at first, but pretty soon everyone was.

I couldn't believe it was just two guys playing all those characters.

I've been lurking lately.

Sounds like your party went well. They didn't go running out the door did they? - LOL!

I am glad that you are going to see someone tomorrow. I think it will be great to have a human sounding board along with your virtual one.

Keep us posted as to how it goes!

totite "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative..."
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey totite,

It is great to hear from you again!

That was the second time I had seen 'A Tuna Christmas' and it is definitely good for a laugh.

The party wasn't bad, maybe I just felt I needed to have done more and everyone else probably had a good time. I did have a couple of people tell me they had a good time yesterday.

I am running late! Will be back if our internet is up at work. Internet has been down lots lately so I have been off the board and off e-mail.

Pam

Hey you! You're all over the place today spreading good cheer!!! I like it!!!

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Sage

Relax. Appreciate. Be calm. Laugh. Enjoy. Be secure. Be loving. Be loved. Don't personalize. Don't ASSume. Accept. Be grateful.
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Sage!

You know I think I had mostly left the bb since the d was final. I was posting on my thread but reading very little and posting other places even less.

To me that is a sign of depression. I was sort of shutting people out again. I don't want to do that!

Yesterday was rough, today I feel much better and am looking forward to the C session tonight. But I won't keep seeing this one if she is no better than my last one. I have learned too much in the past year to go the same route again!

Pam

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard