Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
O
O
<<<GGB wrote, who never really understood the fascination with professional sports. It's only about the money.>>>

I lost interest when the first players started to get $100,000. By the time they got a million dollars a year I forgot all of their names.

J. Saulk, polio vacine developer, never heard he ever made "ANY" money and he did billions of people a tremendious amount of good.

Someone said the people in the US do not have a king or queen so we place sports figures and movie stars in that social position.

IMHO Amy one individual or group of people that are overpaid, I lose interest. Go watch the local little league players.

<<<Doesn't anyone else find it rather amazing that every year it goes all the way to 7 games?>>>

Me too. Would those American role models do anything for money? Wanye's World "way"

H
OP Offline
H
Quit rainin on my parade!

The Cards are playing as I type and I'd love to be watching the game right now but instead we are tuning into the trials and tribulations of Angelina Ballerina.

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honey, who's keeping track of the game online in between cooking for my H. Which I've been doing ALL DAY. Sore back and tired feet but I know I'll have a happy hubby when he gets home.

S
S
Quote:

Just noticed that I got my wish, and it's down to the 7th game...

Boy do I wish I were 'home', or at least have some cable sports channel tonight!!!

Hey Flutie,

Which is the worse drought? Not winning a World Series in 86 years or getting layed once in 7 years ?

Here's hoping for the end of droughts!

SM

"If we will be quiet and ready enough, we shall find compensation in every disappointment."
Henry David Thoreau
T
T
HP,

Why is it that I have a Monty Python sketch in my head... "every sperm is sacred, every sperm is great. if a sperm gets wasted, God gets quite irate."

- Chris.

C
C
Hee hee, Chris!!

I don't mind the sun sometime The images it shows I can taste you on my lips And smell you in my clothes Cinnamon and Sugar And softly spoken lies You never know just how you look Through someone elses eyes BHS-"Pepper"
F
F
Quote:

Hey Flutie,

Which is the worse drought? Not winning a World Series in 86 years or getting layed once in 7 years ?

Here's hoping for the end of droughts!

SM

Hmmmmmm.....gotta think about that for a while

OK....now I've gotta figure out a way to get tickets, and a plane ride home...

Yeah guys, I hate prof. sports too, almost as much as I hate opera singers
But I went to my first game with my Dad at 3, grew up with Rico Petricelli (sic) and Yaz, and I'm a looooonnnnnngggggg way from home.

So, GO SOX!!

H
OP Offline
H
Update on my fruitcake behavior of yesterday:

H got home late because, get this, a man drove to the business down the street from H's office and opened fire with a rifle on the employees. There were 30 police cars blocking the way home so he left late. THANK YOU GOD that it was not H's place of employ, although one time years ago a man showed up and held a knife to his ex-wife's throat and it was H's job (as the manager) to get the lunatic out and make sure no one was hurt. He is now out of that position and holds a nice safe desk job. (I hope!!)

Anyway, I missed the WW meeting and was feeling bummed out about that. I managed to keep it together and stop fishing for the time being UNTIL we had finished our dinner and H asked if I wanted ice cream. Now, I don't normally eat sweets so I was irritated that he would ask when he knows I am trying to lose weight. I declined. Five minutes later he asked again and said, "Come on, just a little dish with some chocolate sauce."
I blew up and said, Look! How do you expect me to lose weight if you are pulling this bullcrap and asking me every five minutes if I want ice cream after I have already said NO poliitely?
He apologized and I went on: Oh but if I do have the ice cream, then a year from now I will still look like this and it will be 'oh honey I might want you if you weren't overweight.'

He stopped me and (correctly) said, I have NEVER said anything like that and I don't know what you are basing that on.
I agreed that he had never said it out loud but that he had said that he prefers me thin. All this was just me being emotional, I realize it now and knew it then.

But telling a person they are hormonal is a bit like telling a depressed person, "What are you depressed about? The sun is shining and the birds are chirping!"

I am feeling down that I have to do this AGAIN. Lose weight, get back in shape. The last time, after D2 was born, I was SO motivated because I was convinced that H would want me again if I snapped back into shape. That didn't pan out the way I planned so now my motivation is not as strong as I'd like. I need to get AWAY from this fusion-behavior and remember that I am losing weight for myself and he can think whatever he wants.

After that conversation, he did throw in a few odd compliments. He said, You look fine now. Even when you were pregnant, no one could even tell.

Now that is not HIM saying, I like the way you look. I know I am splitting hairs but it's my pity party and I can do what I want.

So later on, we are watching the baseball game together and I asked him why he rarely gives me compliments. He did the Repentant Husband thing and laid his head on my shoulder and then began kissing me passionately (no tongue again, what a chickenpoop) and telling me all kinds of flowery things.
I told him that I do appreciate his kindness but that there is something missing when I have to demand the compliments, rather than them coming freely.

I hope you all realize that I am not normally this needy. When I am NOT postpartum and leaky and flabby and tired, I don't need his affirmation nearly as much. But at this time of my life, damn skippy I need it. If it were him, I would do everything in my power to make him feel good about himself.

Oh I forgot to add what his answer was to the Is there a reason you don't compliment me query. "KIDS"
I was proud of myself that I just bit my tongue and did not argue or belabor the point. He knows that I think he uses this excuse FAR too much, for everything under the sun, so why go there again.

I find it hard to believe that after our kids are grown, ol homeboy is going to turn into my LoverLips, spewing off the romantic lines like there's no tomorrow.
I will admit (grudgingly, lol) that before we had kids, he was a lot more romantic, though we had very little sex.

So I feel a little better today, having gotten that off my chest--not that it made a difference, the twins still enter a room 5 minutes before me. LOLOL

My H is such a strange bird. He just emailed me that he wants to take me to get a haircut tomorrow. I have not had a haircut all year so I am in need of one, but I just find it odd that THIS is how he shows his love for me. He does show his love to my person, but keeps it at a distance if that makes any sense. He can't look me in the eyes and tell me I'm beautiful but he can call the salon and make an appt to lower my ears. It is all so strange to me!

Honey, who threw her back out this morning trying to wrench D2 off the baby before she killed her.

T
T
Quote:

But telling a person they are hormonal is a bit like telling a depressed person, "What are you depressed about? The sun is shining and the birds are chirping!"

You said it!

T
T
HP,

At least he still loves you... but he hasn't learned to speak your LL. Give him time. It's like learning Japanese - especially in us older folks, it takes time and repeated practice.

- Chris.

G
G
((((((((((HP))))))))))

You need that! Maybe the reason the OB says no nookie is to keep you from going postal on your hubby if he doesn't do it quite right :

That hormone thing coming off the P does suck. You'll get through it though

--GGB

PS, H offering the ice cream was a real schmuck move. I'm sure he thought he was being kind and appreciative offering. It is an easy mistake to make when he isn't also on the same weight loss regimen. I know I've done the same type of boneheaded thing to Mrs. GGB, only she succumbs and we polish off the half gallon in one sitting. Kudos to you for sticking to your diet! I know you'll be back to your happy shape in no time.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard