Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Soup,

I am a Realtor and have experience the same thing...its very flexible and gives me the ability to spend more time with my daughter (age 6). I just came back from an AWESOME seminar by Mike Ferry. Ever heard of him? He has got a great program, and talk about motivating! My Mom has been involved with his program for several years, and has already closed 180 transactions this year! She's been in the business for 30+ years, and this is her best year so far! His website is MIKEFERRY.COM if you're interested

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks for the link...I'll take a look. Cheers ....Soup

Soup,
Nice to "see" you my friend. I come back every once in awhile to read but hardly ever post. I am sure you remember the circumstances for my adbrupt leaving of DB, lol.

I had wanted out of the fishing business for awhile. Due to government restrictions and the inability to catch fish, it was time to go. I sold my boat but still hold all my federal fishing permits. I got a decent price for my boat. I also sleep at night knowing my permnits are worth quite a bit of money too. I thought it might be hard after 20 years, but I have not looked back once.

Now I must find something to do. I want something that I can make money at, has time flexibility and I will not kill myself physically with it. Flexibility is the most important factor since I have shared custody of the kids. All signs keep pointing towards some type of self employment or to Real Estate. And the more I think about it, real estate sounds exciting.

I have a few other irons in the fire. But starting next week I will take classes to prepare to get my RE license and go from there.

Hope all is well with you!

EZ

Soup,

Sorry to jump in on your thread here but HI EASY!!!

Wow, long time since I've seen anything from you. Pleased to hear you sold the boat. Always had visions of you working yourself to death.

Hope the family is well.

Georgia

"It's not what happens to you, it's what you make of it." Zig Ziglar
I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yes, I remember well your feelings about fishing. I find my change to real estate very exciting. I can see making good money at it while still having control over my personal life. People are pretty accomodating when you ask them.

What's the process in your State for getting your RE license? ...Soup

Its actually kind of a joke. You can cram the schooling into 2 12 hour days. I started today and will do it in 6 days. By next Wednesday I will be able to sit for the test.

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Wow... I wish our's was that short!

Here you have to complete 3 compulsary courses, when taken in a classroom, requires about 6 weeks and 3 sets of exams. They are almost never back-to-back. You can do them via correspondence but you still have to do the exams. Costs about $1600. Cdn. Only then can you trade in real estate.

Then you have to article for 2 more years during which time you have to complete two more courses. Again, costs are about $1200. and requires two sets of exams. After that we're required to do 72 hours of continuing education each year.

So what's your marital status now ?? ...Soup

Cost for the course is $279. The test is somewhere around $100. You have to work for 1 years in an office as a salesman. After a year you can take another short training session, pay the money and take the Brokers exam.

My marriage situation is kinda like this.... I am divorced, lol. I got divorced on 9/26/03. I did end up winning shared custody of our 3 kids. They live with me 1/2 the time. I also ended up with the marital home.

I have dated some since the divorce. I have met some wonderful ladies, although I have not found that "love" connection yet, lol. I will say though, I am very happy with my life and the direction that it is heading in.

EZ

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
That's nice my friend. So happy for you.

Like you I've also met someone special. Moved in with her about 11 months ago. I take things one step at a time.

We're leaving today for my friend's place for a few days. I always look forward to going there. Will probably still watch the Red Sox - Cardinals game tomorrow night.... gawd I'm so tired from the other night(s). GO SOX !!

Soup

I
IAmSoup Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Just bumping myself up !

What's happened in the last month Got paid some nice commission dollars. Paid off some debts ! Still on a tight budget. But that's OK. I'm getting used to it.

Been spending spare time in the woods...with a chainsaw ! Cutting wood for the winter ! LOL... that's not the typical Canadian scene ! We just like heating the house with a woodstove ! Plus, the exercise is good for me. My friend is the best. She's not afraid of getting into heavy work dragging logs out of the woods. She would have made a terrific "pioneer" LOL. It's nice to be in synch with someone !

Yesterday was #1 son's birthday ! I called him around noon his time. He said I was the only one in the family who had sent him a birhday card. I had enclosed some pictures of his niece, my friend, etc. Son cracked me up when he asked "So are blondes more fun Dad?" I'm planning to fly out to visit both my boys by the first week of January. Flights are so cheap right now I can't afford not to go. Plus I want to. Haven't seen son #2 in almost 3 years. Last saw #1 two years ago. I do call them both each week. And I tell them that I love them each time.

Soup

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard