Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Congratulations!!!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
C
C
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WAY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Up, up and AWAY!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you!!

It has been a long time since we last spoke but I wanted to thank you again for your help w/ my S 23......He has made a wonderful adjustment and is really doing wonderfully despite his mother's excessive worrying!!

He now lives (somewhere within relatively short driving distance to our nation's capitol) and works doing...well I cannot say...but needless to say he calls his mother faithfully every week and promised he won't leave the country without telling me he is going somewhere first( I may not know where, but I'll know he's going!)

I made some major changes in my life too, as my H and I reconcilled from last November until we FINALLY moved to the Outer Banks in August.( were it only that simple, more on that some other time... if you are interested) I don't know if you remember much about my sitch but there was a brankruptcy involved and three lawsuits, lost the houses and the cars, two job changes and a partridge in a pear tree!! No just kidding about the partridge

I don't know if you remember but I too am a licensed pilot and have always felt so blessed to be able to enjoy that feeling of freedom!

Anyways , wanted to give you an update, (I know how we all like that here on the bb..at least I do!)and to tell you I can see how far you've come in your sitch!! Just downright amazing, Ogda.

Big Hugs to YOU!!
Trish

odga Offline OP
OP Offline
Good evening everyone - It has been awhile since I last posted and I just wanted to jump online and to tell everyone that Life is still worthwhile if you'll just Smile.

So everyone just keep smiling.

ODGA
Quote:

I made 88% - now I need to just finish my flight requirements and take my check ride. I hope to have the license by Thanksgiving. (or at least by Christmass)

Hello,

Just wondered if you have your license yet and also to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Pam

odga Offline OP
OP Offline
Pam - happy thanksgiving to you too - no not near completing yet - I may have been over optimistic - but if I keep smiling and keep working on it then it will happen.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and to all on the BB

ODGA
Quote:

but if I keep smiling and keep working on it then it will happen.

I'm sure of it! When you do you need to fly up and visit.

Pam

odga Offline OP
OP Offline
Good morning all - I really do hope that everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving. Mine went very well - My Mom, my brothers and my sister and their families came to my new home for Dinner - I fixed the turkey, Squash Cassarole, Cranberry relish, and some other things, Mom made some side dishes and guess what - C offered to make the Dressing!!! She did not come - it would have been kinda awkward being around all my family and all but she wanted to be part of it in some way, but everyone asked where I got the Dressing and that it was great. I got a few surprised looks when I told them that C had made it.

I kept telling myself that if you keep smiling and keep a positive attitude things will work out. (maybe not the way you wanted - but they will work out) Well, C is comming around some. Still no commentment for the future and still doing the "one day at a time" thing, but there are alot of "I Love You"s and "I am so sorry"s. She told me that she was very proud of me because she knew how much pain and emotional hurt I went through and that I had developed a very positive attitude, worked on myself mentally and physically (I am still working out and it is showing) She even had a "I still have hope for us", among others.

While things are taking an upward turn and my sit is looking brighter, I am still going to take it one day at a time myself, after all she does have a history of being up and then down herself. I have kept praying for her and her family (even prayed for the OG) [incidentelly, she said that that is now over, she saw that he was a jerk, she does not want anything to do with him, can't stand to be around him, and a few other things]

We have hd several overnight dates together and are planning a 3 night trip to a Bed and Breakfast over the New Years weekend (the same one that we went to before, if anyone remembers from my really early post)

Well, I had better go for now - just wanted to give everyone a little update.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year every one - Keep smiling.

ODGA
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:

OG) [incidentelly, she said that that is now over, she saw that he was a jerk, she does not want anything to do with him, can't stand to be around him, and a few other things]

Ahhhhhhh.....satisfaction in hearing that, eh??

You sound good, ODGA - thanks for the update

Ellie

L
L
Hmmmmm.....

It looks like good ole patience, and unconditional love, are working something here...

Glad you are in an OK place, Odga

Livnlearn

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard