Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
#322852 07/21/04 03:58 PM
S
S
Hello? Hello????? Is the Pam I used to know anywhere around? No? Good! Because holy cow, I sure do like this new Pam.

Pam, as you know, I've been away for a long, time, through your most painful times, no doubt.

But just this thread shows AMAZING, IMPRESSIVE, INCREDIBLE changes in the woman I knew.

Observations:

Positive posts far outweigh negative ones.

VERY Few (if any) posts are ALL negative.

As Sage pointed out, your self control/restraint is LEAGUES beyond what it once was.

SOOOO much insight in that first post!

There's a lot less rambling, desperation (sorry!). You just seem SO much stronger. Moving into a new house, decorating, looking forward.

Hon, when I was on last, you didn't think you could do any of this, and here you are DOING IT!

I can't tell you what kind of a boost this has give me today...heaps of blessings on you, Pam!

Shiny

#322853 07/21/04 04:03 PM
Pam,

Well, Shiny's post just says it all!

You have come so far.

Sure you have your down moments, but you seem to snap out of them pretty quickly.

You GO GIRL!

Hugs.

PIB
#322854 07/21/04 06:21 PM
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Shiny I am so glad to see you and THANK YOU for the kudos.

PIB, thank you also, really appreciate your dropping by since you aren't feeling well today.

This has NOT been an easy journey by any means and I think a lot of times I took the hard road. But I do feel very much as though I am getting there, still some problems with emotions, pretty much centered around that time of the month. Not sure how to address that, but at least go into it with the knowledge that I am NOT thinking clearly and it will pass!

I PICKED MY DINNING ROOM LIGHT!!!!!

I wanted to change my front porch to aggregate concrete, I just love it. But they want $350.00 extra to do that, so probably won't do it.

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
#322855 07/21/04 11:38 PM
Hey Pam,

Great news that you picked out your light. Now about the aggregate - if you like it, do it now as it will cost lots more than $350 to do it later. Even if it means getting less expensive fixtures somewhere else for now, they can be easily swapped out later, but concrete can't.

Your attitude is great my dear - Miss Sunshine!

It is funny hearing you get into setting up your new home. Your excitement jumps off the screen. Just think - your new neighbors are going to meet the new positive PAM!

BTW - thanks again for hooking up my threads!

totite "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative..."
#322856 07/21/04 11:45 PM
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi totite,

No problem on hooking up your threads. I really was just picking on you that you owe me. I enjoyed doing it.

So you didn't give me any thoughts on what to do with my trunk.

I do love the aggregate but I also need a fence for the shelties and it probably makes no sense as I will mostly use the door from the garage and not the front door anyway.

I haven't been to see the house lately. Last time I was there the brick was almost done.

Do you realize I close in less than a month???????

I'm not ready to move!!!!!!!

Pam

#322857 07/21/04 11:55 PM
Sure you are ready! You will find it within yourself to get everything done - and imagine how good it will feel to sit in your new home and put your own touches on it.

I haven't moved in ages, but bet there is probably something on FlyLady that gives advice on how to do so better than I ever have.

About your trunk - sorry I forgot. You say it is completely covered in fabric or just the top? And it has brass corners?

I guess I would suggest making a slip cover for the whole thing. Pick out a fabric that compliments your room - measure all four sides and the top of the trunk. Add two inches to these numbers to allow for a one inch seam. You could also buy a piece of foam (3inch or thicker) to set on top of the trunk to make it more cushy. Then you'd have to add three or more inches to your measurements to allow for the foam.

But hey - if you aren't a seamstress - maybe if you sent Deb some photos and measurements and the fabric, she would make it for you and send it back? Just a thought...you know that she is great with a needle and thread - and she isn't that far away from you via UPS or FedEx.

You have lots of options my friend!

totite "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative..."
#322858 07/22/04 12:01 AM
psluke Offline OP
OP Offline
It is completely covered in fabric, the top is padded and it does have brass corners and not sure if I can take them off and put them back on.

Moving is NOT my favorite thing to do and I have moved more in my life than I EVER thought I would.

My mom said I might want to sell this house later, I said no way! I don't like house hunting and I don't like moving.

Most of the shelties and I have moved 3 times already. I moved 4 times prior to these shelties.

Pam

#322859 07/22/04 12:23 PM
Hiya Pam,

Thank you for the visit and the sunshine.

Both very much appreciated!

Hugs.

PIB
#322860 07/22/04 01:22 PM
N
N
I don't like moving either Pam

Nitaf

#322861 07/22/04 02:34 PM
I agree with Shiny!! Big steps more conifdent Pam and in the end your will have grown and poor David will still be treading water looking for someone to make him happy instead of looking within like you have. Dont worry about him though- he makes his own choices and has to live with them. You dont need that negativity as you continue to grow!! any chance you could stop communicating with him completly? This would be good for you I think
LOL
shay

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard