Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
OP Offline
M
The most incredible thing just happened.

W just called, and asked if she could come home.

Of course, I said yes. We talked for about 45 minutes...she says ever since we went to Seattle, she has missed "us". She said she finally realized she wanted to try again today, when we sat in the sunshine on the patio at the pub. She said it just felt like this is how it was meant to be.

I know we have some work to do, but I told her I was trusting it would all work out, as long as it was both of us contributing.

This is incredible how we took it right to the brink, where I told her I was closing the door on her. I called our dinner last night our "breakup dinner" and she said she couldn't stop thinking about that.

She told me she loved me many times on the phone tonight. She wants me to come over for breakfast tomorrow, then load up my Jeep and her car, and start moving her stuff back to OUR apartment.

There couldn't possibly be anyone on earth more happy than Minkerman right now.

Me: 54
Her: 50 and sexy as hell
M: 32yrs
T: 34yrs
Bomb: Sept 26-07 "lost our emotional connection"
Bomb 2: Dec 25-07 she's "not feeling desire"
She asked if she could come home Apr 26-08!
Everything's GREAT!
P
P
MINKERMAN!!!

THIS IS AMAZING!! Unbelievable!!! I can't believe it, after what occured last night! Uhhhhhhhh...I'm just stunned. I'm thrilled for you, but wow, what a shocker!! She's not only talking about it, but actually commiting to moving stuff back in...that is a huge step.

Whoa...how did things switch so quickly from yesterday?

Purr

M
OP Offline
M
Purr, I don't know. I think she has started to get quite lonely...the grass was not quite as green as she thought it would be, maybe? Also, I made it clear last night that I was moving forward. Did that have anything to do with it? I'll probably never know, because I am not going to ask. How we got here doesn't really matter, it's what we do with the present moment that DOES matter.

Thanks for your well wishes!

D
D
Careful minkerman.

be happy, but cautious, ya-hear?

Hope it goes well, and you dont take things too fast

My current status: june 2006. Wife ran out and filed D.
Finalized Jan 11, 2010, after 12.5 years M.
3 wonderful sons caught in the middle

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you, Dom. Yes, cautious is the operative word here.

But not so cautious that it "looks" cautious...I need to have faith as well.

V
V
Cautious is good. Remember the Fish! Don't let that happen to you. There's lots left to do!

W
W
I am so happy for you and wish you the best

C
C_K Offline
C
mm \:\)

Who stuck you roller coaster on super fast all of a sudden! Geeeze I was only reading this morning about how you were moving forward and I had though of some stuff to post to you , now W wants back in !

OK now you know whats next , Can you see those coloured trucks , the clowns and elephants , all rolling into town , its the expectations circus. So just dont let them put up the big top just yet.
I am very optimistic for you but things could sway back and forth a bit for you.

I am actualy very pleased because I thought you were so close to this point and to have it fall apart , I was thinking what hope do the rest of us have??

You have lots of hard work ahead my friend , I would have a read of DR again soon.

Dave

Me 47
W 44
3 kids
Bomb Dec 06
Seperated July 07

Current Thread

O
O
MM,

I don't think I've posted to you before (although I always read your thread). What fantastic news, and what a great example of how moving on and looking the other way precipitates a change in the WAS.

Well done- this is really brilliant and I'm so pleased for you!

Lisa

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart.
And you'll never walk alone.
M
M
What what what????? MM awsoem news. now remember to take this slow as you KNOW she is prone to over thinking. haveing faith is onething but realising that she might still go the other way ( at least a little bit) and thus still hurt you is inportant to. as you said to me I'm not trying to be a wet blanket just take it slow. and keep on DBing my friend. hell one of these days you and the W can look back on all this and realise that this was a turning point and the happy7 M your going to have will have come out of this.

Well done and your in my prsyers
Marcum

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard