OP Offline
Greetings All!

My title above comes from one of my favorite songs:

Title: Water and Stone
Lyrics by: Raven Moonshadow
Tune: original
Date: 1987
Source:
Recorded on: "Chants: Ritual Music," Reclaiming Collective, 1987 (Serpentine Music, P.O. Box 2564, Sebastopol, CA 95473)
Subject: Elements

Solid as a rock
Safe within the harbor
Ancient as a stone
And strong as the sea
Solid as a rock
Set deep within the Mother
And water
That flows 'round me.

Here are my old threads:

Phoenix In Training

He Upgraded our Date to Dinner and a Movie! Now What?

Would you want to know?

Staying Focused!

Wow! This is where I belong!

Time to Start Living

I Received 2 kisses and a call the next morning!

My Monkey is reading Divorce Remedy!

Meet In the Middle

HomeWarming Party for Phoenix In Bloom

Solid As a Rock, Safe Within the Harbor

It's the little things that count!

Be Like a Bird!

I Believe Something Wonderful Is Going to Happen to Me Today!

Blooming Blossoms; Sprouting Seeds

Transforming into a Pillar of Strength!

Creating a life full of passion, joy, and beauty!

Graduate School, Here I come!

PIB
# 1

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
Good Morning PIB,

How was your weekend?

Pam

OP Offline
Hiya Pam!

My weekend was good.

My mom and I went to get my eye exam. We got some girl time together.

Then my parents and Husband and I went to eat lunch together.

Then Husband took me to see "I, Robot". Great movie! And Will Smith was yummy as usual.

And finally, Husband and I spent Sunday playing EQ. He was thrilled.

And I'm really proud of myself. Today I went and had my bloodwork done to check my thyoid med levels. And I didn't faint...didn't come close to fainting. Yeah! Go me!

How was your weekend Pam?

Have you chosen a new thread title?

Hugs!

PIB
Hi PIB,

It sounds like a pretty good weekend.

Do you usually get faint when you have blood drawn? Do they have to draw quit a bit to check thyroid levels? It seems when they check Breeze's they draw quit a bit and sometimes have trouble getting blood from her.

I have never gone back and read your previous threads and this morning am doing that some. Did you post before you and Monkey started talking again? I mean that first thread is a quick overview but takes off from the time you guys are communicating again.

Just wondered if those are just the piecing threads and there are others out there.

Pam

OP Offline
Pam,

Those threads jump around in different forums.

I did stop talking to Husband at one point for a month. But the rest of the time we were still talking.

I struggled sooo much to not call him.

As I detached more, it got easier to not call him.

But except for that one month, I'd contact him at least once a week.

Does that help?

Hugs.

PIB
I'll just follow them along then. Just checking to see if I was starting at the beginning.

Pam

Hiya PIB!

I just want to give you a hug and thank you for all the amazing insight you've given me over the past year or so. Oh, and to say hi!

Glad to hear things are going well in your neck of the woods. Also good to hear a positive report of I, Robot. I also like Will Smith a heck of a lot... but I saw a few reviews this weekend that didn't speak well. You know what? I have got to stop listening to other people's opinions about movies! I always like the ones critics hate... so from now on, I will employ the opposite rule when listening to their opinions.

How goes the weight loss journey?

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Hi PIB,

I am finding at least that a lot of the emotions and feelings I went through you did also. I think that is helpful for me.

Your Monkey does sound a lot like D in a lot of ways.

Pam

OP Offline
Betsy, Pam,

Thank you both for visiting!

Betsy, you touch my heart!

Pam, I went back and read over my first few threads. You are right, they start after my month of darkness!

So...a small summary of things from those threads:

What works:

1) Let him contact me.

2) Let him do things on his own timeline. I tend to want to remind him or take over, but this backfires on me big time.

3) Stay upbeat and perky, showing tears, anger, sadness, only rarely and only when VERY important.

4) Expectations low. PMA high. Big breaths. Focus on taking care of me.

5) Don’t cling ‘like a dirty t-shirt’. Give him space to be himself.

6) EXERCISE! I'm just a happier content person when I exercise.

7) From what I can tell, when things are going well in my relationship with my husband, I begin daydreaming. I get so happy, that I stop doing the chores I know I need to do to maintain my PMA. Waking up every day and making up my bed first thing is a little chore, but it gives me a high PMA.

The problem for me, is that I am afraid that I need a little bit of pain to help me stay on track. It seems like only when our relationship is going through a rough patch do I remember to focus on doing the chores that boost my PMA and help my life run smoothly.

8) There are lots of little things that boost my PMA. I like working on small Plastic Canvas projects. I feel great when I'm finished, I feel accomplished. And these little projects make great gifts and so, I'm happy also because I've made someone else happy.

9) If I ask him to do something, and he says no, along with some excuse/obstacle. Ignore the excuse/obstacle, recognize that he’s trying to soften his no.

10) That it's necessary to put me first so that I can have good relationships with others without expecting that they'll put me first. It's not their job, it's mine. Fill my cup so that it overflows and it’s splash lands on those around me.

11) Post three positives in journal daily.

12) ANS said: My Wife used to ask me why I loved her. I never had an answer. I just do.

I suppose that part of the love decision is based on seeing the positive aspects of the person you decide to love. That makes your decision easier, but basically, love is one of those things that you can’t spend too much time analyzing. You just have to do it.

Do you love your kids?

Why?

13) I need to remember that people don't value what they get for free. Most people value stuff more, the more they pay for it. By giving my husband me for free, I'm only hurting myself and our relationship. I'm only giving him permission to not value me.

14) When Husband gets mad and starts yelling. Stay calm and quiet. Give him time to blast and give him some space. If I yell back it just escalates the situation.

15) I've learned that it's ok for married couples to disagree. The bottom line is whether married or not, you are my friend. You are not an extension of me. We are two friends who are trying to travel through life together.

16) KAW said: Seriously, as LL has already pointed out ... just be yourself. Be spontaneous & go with what feels right. Start out small. Take his hand ... gaze into his eyes more ... give a peck on the cheek first ... give a quick squeeze of a hug. If all is going well, let the hugs become more embracing, direct the kisses more ... well you get the idea or maybe just rub noses. Try to make the contact more playful at first and take it from there...

17) KAW said: What can I do to make today a little bit better than yesterday.

PIB
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard