Different yet equal
Leaving thumbprints
In the ledger of life
Traveling with their allotted time
To yet another
Soft, lingering
Sunrise.

Jeannine

i am going to assume that this is another one that you wrote?

OP Offline
Kitti,

Yep.
I got locked out of my last thread, so....

I'm embarking on a new journey and working on reframing my thinking.
Although I'm still struggling through a "time of echoes", I feel the need to find some light to guide me through yet another chapter of personal recovery.
Even if it's only a dim and flickering paper lantern.

My H and I are eagerly awaiting our trip to Costa Rica this February where we will celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary.

I'm looking for suggestions here as to what I might do on that day in order to acknowledge my H's positive changes and to help raise myself above the voices of the past.

I'm mulling over whether I should write something in regard as to my hopes and feelings of the present and for our future, and perhaps present it to him on our annivesary - which is Valentines Day.

Any thoughts?

Jeannine
Jeannine,
As KK and T2 reminded me this morning, WOO HOO January is gone!

Thanks for dropping by my thread, It means a lot to me!

{{{Jeannine}}}

I love reading your threads, it gives me hope and makes me smile!

So know, that your threads are doing wonders!

Deb

bom:01/2003
D: 03/14/2006
OP Offline
Deb,

Yes, Jan. is over, but for me, each month is a new chapter of painful memories and new challenges to work through.
I cannot ignore the reality of this time period that I find myself going through.

However, it's also a time for new green things to sprout up from the ashes of last year, so I must carefully clear away the debris and nurture this new life.
And because I'm still partially living in the past (not willingly) I must tread carefully.

I believe that I am suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome and that makes recovery a little bit more difficult than I had previously anticipated.

I know that this post must sound selfish and petty to those who are still working so hard to pull their R back together again.
But I've found that there are others here who have reached the same level of DB success as I, yet they too suffer with simular after-effects.
So I take comfort in knowing that I'm not alone and/or just plain looney.

There is "piecing the marriage back together" and then there is "piecing oneself back together".

I'm so glad for those who are able to quickly let go of the past and well enough to move forward more directly and completely.
I've got to clear a new path for myself with little more than a pocket knife, so ... it's going to take some time and patience.

And it is healing for me to hear that my story is helping others.

Hang in there and stay positive.
Because, as you can see, many wonderful changes can and do happen.

Gee, I'll have to remind myself of this, huh?

Jeannine
Here is a hug to start off your new month of clearing then!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jeannine}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
OP Offline
Pam,

Thanks for the hug - I need it!

It's funny, but I was just thinking about the last cyber hug you gave me and wondering if I'd be getting another one anytime soon, just before I opened this forum.

And there you were.

Hmmm...

Jeannine
Good Morning Jeannine,

I guess we were in each others thoughts!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

Pam

"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned
so as to have the life that is waiting for us"
S
S
Take this as the utmost compliment it is, Jeannine: Yours are the only poems/lyrics that I actually read...that was BEAUTIFUL.....

PTSD is VERY understandable in your sitch, J. Given your propensity for anxiety in general (EGAD another GADer! ), the incredible general stress of the last year (and more), and the traumatic events that took place during the heyday last year...you DO have to be patient.

AND proactive. EMDR has shown great success with some people. The alternate hand tapping is supposed to work on the same principle.

To reprocess the traumatic memories which currently are in a "locked rerun mode" complete with the emotional response of the original incidents.

To actually alter the neural pathways that triggers take in your brain..away from the primitive emotion centres and toward a more normal memory retrieval pattern.

The eye movements and hand tapping are thought to engage both halves of the brain which are not functioning in tandem the way they should when you experience PTSD memories/feelings.

Jeannine, Have you ever read "the Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" by Edmund Bourne? I swear it saved my life.

((((((((((((((((((Jeannine))))))))))))))

Shiny

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard