Print Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
OP Offline
I have been torn as to whether or not I belong here yet. But after visiting the Piecing forum this morning and reading all the posts, especially Sage's, I was inspired to begin looking at the "positives" as a way to move forward.

Sage said something about having to clear out the emotional cob webs in order to see the good things that were clearly happening in her R with her H.

I think that makes perfect sense especially since I've gotten to this point. I MUST stop keeping score of who's doing more, who's trying harder and step back and appreciate the progress being made and deal with the backslides as the come.

I was amazed to find when looking back over the boards to tie my other thread links in here, how all over the place I was the first few days on this site. I was even MORE amazed to realize that I've only been coming here since 7/21/03, when it feels like I've been here for months!

Well here are the links in chronological order, of my whole sorted story to date: (bear with me if I messed these up)
Here's my Sit. Could use a friend

Please explain what this means?

Ugh Oh Help!

The 5LL...Huh?

I'm having an A with my Alien.

Hopefully this will help me see my own progress and pitfalls.

I welcome the insight of all my BB pals who have helped me work through all the issues I've vented since coming the DB board in July, and I'm grateful for all the encouragement and support I've received here in this forum.

I think I'll take some of my own advise and: Carpe Diem!
T2

seriously can't believe i am the first one to your "piecing" thread!!!

i am so glad you made it here t2, don't forget about us NEWBIES tho!!! LOL

i am in here every day cause this whole forum gives me hope - especially when i see similar situations and the outcome (altho hard work)

good luck my dear, will be watching your progress

kitti

S
S

Just welcomed you on CM's thread...and BOOM here you are!!!

I think you'll like it here, folks is nice!

Shiny

I had no doubts that we'd be seeing your lovely face around these parts soon, T2!!

Glad you're here!!

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
Welcome aboard, T2!

Jeannine

Jeannine
T2~~
I am soooooooooo happy for you and your move to Piecing!!! Good for you!!!!!! Keep visiting us in newcomers...we need you!!!!!

Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.... (thoreau)
S
S
T2,

I am so glad you made it over to piecing. Congratulations!!!

You are an inspiration to me.

shell

OP Offline
Oh my gosh, Thank you Shinybear, JJ, Shelly, Kitty, Jeannie and Sun, I got goose bumps when I came in to post today's positives and saw all of your welcoming posts. I was truly touched, thank you all for the "love."
T2

OP Offline
Okay here they go:

H's Positives for today:

He called at 11am to let me know he'd be leaving work and picking me up at 2pm to ride down to Williamsburg to take me shopping.

He arrived on time (he's always punctual)and came directly to me to kiss me hello.

He was "upbeat" and seemed genuinely happy to be going on this outing.

When we walked he either took my hand or held me around the waist, gosh that felt nice.

We shopped, stopped for a nice late lunch and really enjoyed the beautiful sunny day.

We took the Jamestown Ferry one leg of the trip, we love that ride in the sun.

When we got back to the house, I had to run to the grocers and cleaners so he asked if he could come back this evening.
Which he did and we enjoyed a "normal" night (nothing special).

When he left he said, ILY and thanked me for a nice day.

H's Negatives Today: ZERO

My Positives for Today:

I made sure to touch his shoulder or touch his hand for emphasis when we chatted.

I listened to his rambling about "work" and remembered to "ask" questions so he would continue his discussion and see that I am interested.

I thanked him for a nice day.

I thanked him for lunch.

I kissed him goodbye and when he said ILY I said, ILYT.

I stayed "upbeat" all day.

As a "couple" Positives:

We both looked in each other's eyes when we talked.
We smiled at each other alot.
We laughed.
We were casual.
We "looked" like a "couple"

T2

S
S

Lookin' Good!!

Gee, maybe you'll get to the point where your "name" here won't have to be working 24X7...won't it be nice just to BE once in a while....to breathe!

Shiny

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard