Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
N
N
Quote:
I read in one of Hallowell's books that to the person with ADHD there is only now...and not now. So if something needs to be done say, by next Wed, all I hear is not now...and forget about it til Tue night and I have an adrenaline surge that allows me to focus. Worked GREAT in college. I could write my papers in one night and get A's...crammed for all my exams at the last minute and got A's...but running regular life doesn't work like that.

Man, if that doesn't describe me to a "T", I don't know what does...only I find as I get older the adrenaline surges are not enough to get done what I put off until the last minute, and I find myself making excuses or just giving up on the task at hand.

This personality trait was big issue in my marriage, as my wife over the years just gave up on me with my lack of focus on the things that were important to her.

Breakaway, how do they determine a diagnosis of ADHD? Is it psychological testing?

Me46
W39
D19
M20
Bomb4/3/08
# 1
D
D
Originally Posted By: breakaway
I'm dealing with a lot of deep grief feelings... over many things. Somewhat overwhelmed. Trying to be gentle with myself.

Sorry you are feeling overwhelmed. (((gentle hugs)))

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
S
S
Grief is hard. The way it comes in different waves at different times, when you least expect it, there's a small reminder & whammo ! Do be gentle with yourself.

If you wanna talk, you know how to find me.

Hugs

M 19 years, MC for 8 months, DB'd for 8 months
4 kids; 18, 15, 14, & 10
I was never meant to be a doormat. It took me years of therapy to become assertive enough to stop his abuse.
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: ndsmhelp

Breakaway, how do they determine a diagnosis of ADHD? Is it psychological testing?

I'd read some books or websites about it. Anything by Hallowell is excellent.

Me-42,H-41,M-14
S-12,9

Previous thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard