An update from me. W and I are cordial while things progress. I am giving her space but keeping things on track, and as a result she has shared her attorney's name as well as a financial affidavit form provided by her parents' financial planner. This planner is a CDFA and while her services are overkill for our financial picture (we own a home w 50% equity and various retirement and financial accounts) I am fine including her if it puts my W at ease and moves things along. She will not be charging for her services, and she manages W's parents wealth, so I know whose side she is on.

Overall my base case is simple: everything we have has been built by us together and can be dismantled by us together. No need to involve third parties. W wants to keep the house, which will require her father to step in and pay off or refinance the mortgage, as well as buy out my equity stake. This transaction would lead to wife paying no mortgage or rent. I am willing to agree to this IF my spousal support is then reduced to zero. L believes this to be very reasonable, since the market rent alone for our home would exceed my monthly alimony, and W would be living here for free.

W is very sullen and down most of the time, though our interactions are pleasant enough when they happen. I no longer spend any time wondering what she's thinking or feeling, mostly I focus on the kids, the process, and staying grounded.

22 days alcohol free, I can see myself staying the course here for a while. It's very helpful to be well rested and emotionally centered.

GAL has suffered a bit the last two weeks, or maybe it seems that way because I only went lobster diving once and hung out with friends twice. After the frenetic pace of the last 3 months its seemed quiet.