Hey DnJ. It was a great weekend. Had several nice dinners. D13 is talking to me A LOT. And, I got some nice recognition today at work for a project that I finished on Sunday.

A few interesting things happening around here. W is frustrated that I won't join a trip with my in-laws and D13 to see W's best friend and her husband. I maintained it doesn't make sense to me.

Now my in-laws can't go so W is upset because W doesn't want to drive 8-10 hours alone with D13 across 2-3 states. She also said that D13 is upset about another change in plans (something similar happened last year at this time). I was walking out of the house as this conversation was happening with my MIL and didn't quite make it before W said, "Mom, let me call you back. H is leaving for work".

W proceeded to tell me about all the issues, lamenting her back luck, expressing her fear about driving along with D13, and a host of other issues. I know from experience that, in cases like this, W is looking for me to save the day with solutions. Instead, I just offered some validation along the lines of "Yeah that is rightfully disappointing". W stared at me as if to say "That's it. You're not going to offer to help?". Instead, I said, "I have to get to work for a morning meeting. Keep me posted on what you two are going to do" and off I went.

I'm getting all my asset and liability info to my L. We've got a six-month "cooling off" period to get thorough for Ds in my state. I've given my L some settlement parameters in hopes that the Ls can collaborate on something reasonable so this step in the process is resolved so I have some confidence about future living arrangements, spending power, etc. soon.

This weekend, going with D13 to see my nephew's game. I've got a new computer that I hope is the first component of a small business I'd like to build so I'll be setting that up. All in all, I feel like I'm still in a good spot.