Jess,

I agree...leave the container in the frig. He is like a man/child right now and he will do whatever he thinks he can get away with. Yes, he was a little bit clever...but you are smarter than a 10 year old. He is lashing out at you because you are the "mom" to all in that household. Continue doing your dishes and those of your children. If he leaves dirty dishes in the sink, move them to the side and when you are done washing up what you are responsible for, put those dirty dishes back in the sink. I know...sounds catty, but you have to stick to what needs to be done now. He is a roommate and he needs to be treated as such.

It time to change things up. When you have a moment, sit down and think of ways to do things differently. The first thing is what would a roommate do in your home if you had one living there? Would you do his/her laundry, clean up his/her dirty dishes and pots and pans? Fix that person meals and wait on them to sit down at the table and eat?

As for him ranting about taking on all of the responsibilities that you are doing...I would like to see him do that. He doth protests too much.

Time to change things up. BTW, you do not always owe him an explanation of what you are doing and/or why. Does he give you an explanation of what he is doing and why? Keep your responses short and to the point.

You are doing great. It's a marathon, not a sprint and we all have taken two steps backward and one step forward. Don't beat yourself up.